This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    So in your mind, "people" in this context cannot only mean MS-13?
    Trump has a long history of using specific bad acts by specific immigrants as justification for rhetoric, policies and actions that demean, threaten and/or harm all immigrants. His base eats it up. It probably won him the nomination and maybe even the election. And his supporters will happily accuse anyone who takes offense of deliberately misreading his words and intent and being a snowflake/professional victim, and most American white people will buy that. So why would he ever stop doing it when it's served him so damn well?

Comment

So in your mind, "people" in this context cannot only mean MS-13?
      It could, or it could mean "people coming into the country," which is what he actually said. If he meant MS-13, then he should have said MS-13. Of course, he'd rather keep it broad and vague, so some people will still defend him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        It's just amazing the knots some in here will perform to defend a President they don't support.
        You have to tie some serious knots to believe Trump is talking about anyone other than MS-13.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

You have to tie some serious knots to get to believe Trump is talking about anyone other than MS-13.
          You have to ignore Donald Trump's entire political history to assume that's all he's really talking and thinking about.

Comment

BB, for not being a Trump supporter, you sure give him the benefit of the doubt like one.
            Well, if you say so.

I'm not sure what benefit of the doubt I'm giving him. I'm just calling BS on a portion of what Horns posted, but I also added YMMV (your mileage my vary, meaning you might not see it my way, but this is the way I see it!) But then again, who cares about facts! Only conservatives post shit! Got it, I'll stay in my lane.
            Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 05-17-2018, 12:02 PM.
            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
              Well, if you say so.

I'm not sure what benefit of the doubt I'm giving him. I'm just calling BS on a portion of what Horns posted, but who cares about facts! Only conservatives post shit! Got it, I'll stay in my lane.
              Well, they're NOT facts Bernie, it was your opinion...you called BS, I replied back with supporting statements for my original post.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Nope, never ever going to lump an entire group of people under then same vile umbrella. The same thing happened to Jews not too long ago...labeling is a very slippery slope.
                And, regardless of your not totally factual (IMHO) post earlier, I do love ya, man! But, wait that's my line!
                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Well, they're NOT facts Bernie, it was your opinion...you called BS, I replied back with supporting statements for my original post.
                  When I read that transcript, its 100% clear to me he's talking about MS-13.
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

And, what you originally posted weren't facts either, which is what I reacted to! Now, you're posting transcripts which are facts, that are now being interpreted by the readers individually. And, apparently, I chose to not read them, hear them the same as those with a very critical eye/ear. Probably, because I'm a full blown Trumpster.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Well, if you say so.

I'm not sure what benefit of the doubt I'm giving him. I'm just calling BS on a portion of what Horns posted, but I also added YMMV (your mileage my vary, meaning you might not see it my way, but this is the way I see it!) But then again, who cares about facts! Only conservatives post shit! Got it, I'll stay in my lane.
                      Why is it that every time I respond to you you get so defensive? You and Baldgriff need to start a support group.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

And, what you originally posted weren't facts either, which is what I reacted to! Now, you're posting transcripts which are facts, that are now being interpreted by the readers individually.
                        Yes, individuals are certainly free to ignore Trump's entire history when reading it.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Oh yeah, one last point, that Trump tower meeting you noted, and others have commented on previously, we've learned a lot about that meeting, not enough for the Dems on the Senate Intel Committee, of course, but other than it being poorly thought out and lied about (both are important, the second part much moreso) what have we learned. Nothing!

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">AP has deleted a tweet from late Wednesday on Trump’s “animals” comment about immigrants because it wasn’t made clear that he was speaking after a comment about gang members.</p>&mdash; The Associated Press (@AP) <a href="https://twitter.com/AP/status/997138543817449472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 17, 2018</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Yes, individuals are certainly free to ignore Trump's entire history when reading it.
                              So context of the day has nothing to do with Horns original post. I guess I failed to grasp that!

As for individuals are free to ignore... OK then, I guess we can agree (not that I do, but...)

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Why is it that every time I respond to you you get so defensive? You and Baldgriff need to start a support group.
                                If I said you may be misreading my replies, would you be open to that? If not, read your replies through my eyes. And, maybe take a quick look in the mirror, as it may be that any response to you that doesn't agree with your position comes across as defensive. I've never meet you. I don't really care about your opinions, and this isn't me against you! Here, let me ask a question, with sarcasm included: How would you like me or Baldgriff to respond to you (other than supplication and a bow to your dominance)?

And, I should add, its not that I don't actually care about your opinions, its that I do respect your right to hold opinions with which I disagree or are different from mine. But, if you present opinions as facts, shouldn't we all expect someone to call us on that. I am certainly open to that.
                                Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 05-17-2018, 12:36 PM. Reason: Edited to add that I resepct your right to have opinion that are different than mine.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X