Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Trump wasn't such a fucking idiot he would know how to better communicate what he means through his verbiage.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      If Trump wasn't such a fucking idiot he would know how to better communicate what he means through his verbiage.
      But he's got the best words. Very smart. Wharton. Highest IQ ever. Knows more than generals about martial tactics, more than educators about education, more than scientists about science, etc.

Comment

So when is Trump going to make Health Care more affordable for us working stiffs?
        Already accomplished by previous administration !
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

If Trump wasn't such a fucking idiot he would know how to better communicate what he means through his verbiage.
          Is this an attempt at dramatic irony?

Comment

So when is Trump going to make Health Care more affordable for us working stiffs?
            That is a great question. I would like to know this as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Ok, that was nicely played...I still would like to know when Trump is going to fix it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Ok, that was nicely played...I still would like to know when Trump is going to fix it.
                I mean it's called the "Affordable Care Act", lol
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Not really. Do you have a REAL answer?
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Not really. Do you have a REAL answer?
                    Yes. A REAL asnswer is that I don't expect the Trump administration to ever make health care more affordable for working stiffs. Is there any reason anyone should expect him to accomplish this ? Is there any evidence he is really trying ? I think some articles I read indicated that some people would benefit from his policies, while others wouldn't...but I didn't pay too much attention. I don't get the impression that helping working stiffs is a huge priority for him or many other politicians.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Yes. A REAL asnswer is that I don't expect the Trump administration to ever make health care more affordable for working stiffs. Is there any reason anyone should expect him to accomplish this ? Is there any evidence he is really trying ? I think some articles I read indicated that some people would benefit from his policies, while others wouldn't...but I didn't pay too much attention. I don't get the impression that helping working stiffs is a huge priority for him or many other politicians.
                      I agree. He's the same as the other politicians. But for some reason folks think that he does care about the working stiffs.

Comment

I agree. He's the same as the other politicians. But for some reason folks think that he does care about the working stiffs.
                        Because he speaks their language and pisses off the coastal elites.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• And the ACA was working quite well for most people. yes, it did have flaws, and yes, needed quite a few tweaks, but it was a hell of a lot better than tens of millions having no insurance at all. Then Trump came in and the GOP started tearing it down like a pack of wolves ripping at the hamstrings of an Elk. They couldn't kill it immediately, but they slowed it down to the point where it's eventually going to just cease to exist.

It's a crime, because nobody benefits from people being sick and not going to a Doctor. Nobody.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Then Trump came in and the GOP started tearing it down like a pack of wolves ripping at the hamstrings of an Elk. They couldn't kill it immediately, but they slowed it down to the point where it's eventually going to just cease to exist.
                            That was a fairly predictable response, given that the original bill was rammed downed the throats of the country on a partisan vote when polls at the time indicated that half of us didn't want it. While it sucks that the GOP tore it down in ham-fisted fashion with no viable replacement, I think there's some wisdom to be gained about pushing through divisive partisan initiatives at the federal level in the first place.
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              And the ACA was working quite well for most people. yes, it did have flaws, and yes, needed quite a few tweaks, but it was a hell of a lot better than tens of millions having no insurance at all. Then Trump came in and the GOP started tearing it down like a pack of wolves ripping at the hamstrings of an Elk. They couldn't kill it immediately, but they slowed it down to the point where it's eventually going to just cease to exist.

It's a crime, because nobody benefits from people being sick and not going to a Doctor. Nobody.

I agree with this, but why did my (and i assume many others) insurance have to increase by over 200% in 2 years?

Comment

Per Trump -
                                The as-yet-unreleased Obamacare repeal and replacement plan would have “insurance for everybody."
                                Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway made a promise that almost certainly can’t be met with the House bill: “We don't want anyone who currently has insurance to not have insurance.” (Ok, this was Conway, not Trump so disregard is you want)
                                “I firmly believe that nobody will be worse off financially in the process that we’re going through.” (Also not Trump, this was HHS Secretary Tom Price talking about the Republican plan)
                                "We have to get rid of the artificial lines around the states,” Trump said during the second presidential debate. (talking about removing cross state barriers to insurance coverage which would, in his theory, reduce insurance costs)
                                “I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.” (Trump in a 60 minutes interview)
                                Coverage for everyone was "​just human decency". Trump told CBS's Scott Pelley on 60 Minutes that "everybody's got to be covered." (More from the 60 minutes interview)
                                "We're going to have insurance for everybody," he said in an interview with The Washington Post. "There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us." (WaPo interview as president elect)

I quit looking after these, I am sure I could probably find more quotes. I agree with you in that I don't expect the Trump administration to ever make health care more affordable but all the above certainly point to some people expecting him to try to do something about it. I am just too jaded with DC to expect anyone to do anything unless they benefit.

Comment

Working...
                                X