X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Tucker spot on here.
    Hey, when did he ditch the bow tie?
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
      Hey, when did he ditch the bow tie?
      No idea, that's the first entire segment of his I've watched, possibly ever.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Yes, yes, I would, although I agree with Hornsby, I'd definitely want Hannity thrown in.
        Who are you offering as the additional sacrifice from your side? Is Keith Olbermann even on TV anymore? Al Sharpton alone isn't worth a Hannity... maybe if you threw in Joy Behar or Maureen Dowd?
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Who are you offering as the additional sacrifice from your side? Is Keith Olbermann even on TV anymore? Al Sharpton alone isn't worth a Hannity... maybe if you threw in Joy Behar or Maureen Dowd?
          No single person on the left is worth a Hannity.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

No single person on the left is worth a Hannity.
            Yeah, that would require a package deal with some obnoxious celebrities thrown in... maybe Hannity for Sharpton, Michael Moore, Barbra Streisand, and Lena Dunham?

Comment

Yeah, that would require a package deal with some obnoxious celebrities thrown in... maybe Hannity for Sharpton, Michael Moore, Barbra Streisand, and Lena Dunham?
              Classic superstar trade offer, done!
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Always felt a little bad for Alan Colmes getting paired with Hannity all those years. He was a smart guy who did a solid job giving a left perspective with out descending to Hannity level. I hope he was paid well for putting up with that.

Comment

If Keith is still around (I think he is back to sports?), I'll make that sacrifice. I'll miss the eloquence of his righteous indignation, but it will be for the greater good. And I'm sure whatever co-workers he has will be happy about the sacrifice. Accounts I've read indicate he is a jerk. I came up with him and Patrick on sportscenter, though--they were a great duo back in the day.

Comment

Classic superstar trade offer, done!
                    I agree. I'll gladly sacrifice all those celebs to get rid of all those people to get rid of Hannity. This is great. We should decide the fates of other mere mortals on here more often. I say all major decisions in this country should be made in the RJ sports bar.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                      Always felt a little bad for Alan Colmes getting paired with Hannity all those years. He was a smart guy who did a solid job giving a left perspective with out descending to Hannity level. I hope he was paid well for putting up with that.
                      I didn't watch enough of that pairing to know, but I always assumed they purposefully picked someone that fit their viewers' image of a weak, not masculine enough liberal to play foil to Hannity. Whatever he was, he had a lot of pressure on him to be the lefty voice on that show and network. Folks I used to talk to back then would hold him up as THE liberal voice they knew and heard, and they say the left monolithically as basically being a legion of Colmes'.

But it is good to hear they picked someone who was actually a reasonable voice on the left. Kudos to old Fox for that. It is honestly more than MSNBC used to do. They use to use Pat freaking Buchanan as their republican representative. Now they do have some more moderate, reasonable repubs on that network, but, of course, they are all anti-Trumpers.

Like Hornsby, I've tried to steer clear of the 24 hour cable networks, but my wife watches all the time, so hard to fully avoid MSNBC.

Comment

• FWIW, if Nikki Haley decided to primary Trump, she would curb stomp him into oblivion. Would love to see it.

Comment

FWIW, if Nikki Haley decided to primary Trump, she would curb stomp him into oblivion. Would love to see it.
                          As would I. There are two people I like in this administration, her and Mattis. I loved her "I don't get confused" retort. She should sell t-shirts.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                            As would I. There are two people I like in this administration, her and Mattis. I loved her "I don't get confused" retort. She should sell t-shirts.
                            I would buy that shirt. And yes, it will never happen, but I'd LOVE for her to try to primary Trump, except that I think it would actually be bad for Dems. She'd be a tough candidate to face.

Comment

FWIW, if Nikki Haley decided to primary Trump, she would curb stomp him into oblivion. Would love to see it.
                              you know, thats exactly what I thought about the 2016 primaries and then the general election. :|

But yes, I like Haley also.
                              Last edited by cardboardbox; 04-21-2018, 03:20 PM.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• So what are we to make of Kim Jung Un’s capitulations prior to the meeting with Trump. Does Trump get any credit?
                                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X