Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess we're going to engage after all.
    Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 01-31-2017, 10:17 PM. Reason: Never mind. Not gonna engage.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
      Guys, again, I'm no fan of Trump, but for goodness sake, it's goofy to post the last couple of posts by Soul Masher and Horns. You're both clearly intelligent people, you can't believe what you wrote, you just can't? What scares me is you both might but I'm hoping you don't. I read and heard on CNN tonight it was an intelligence gathering mission that went bad and turned into a fire fight. I doubt that the troops on the ground called POTUS to request he approve them killing innocents or that he authorized it before or during.
      Of course I believe what I wrote...do you think that the president of the United States should get into a one sided slap fight with a US Senator? While NOT commenting on a dead Navy Seal? Frankly, it's shameful, and if Obama did the same thing, he'd be crucified by the right.

All we're asking is that he at least ACT Presidential.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Ok. I regret my post for reasons I'll keep to myself. Carry on with your outrage.

And now I remember why I stopped posting. Unlike Fantasy baseball, Silly season never ends.
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Ok. I regret my post for reasons I'll keep to myself. Carry on with your outrage.

And now I remember why I stopped posting. Unlike Fantasy baseball, Silly season never ends.
          Pot, meet kettle...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Responding to the BB post that Horns captured, yes, I 100% believe that it is terrible when the US sanctions and engages in actions that kills innocent non-combatants. I'm not suggesting that this is the first or last time it will happen. I also 100% believe that while this is no more or less horrific than other times we've killed innocent people, the global perspective on this will likely be much worse.

I've had this debate with my wife many times. She is of the mind that if you do her great wrong, she will be equally angry regardless of intent before the fact and contrition after that fact. I am of the mind that intent and contrition matter. In the past, we have never had a president flat out state we should kill the families of terrorists, and in the past, we have had leaders show contrition for attacks that led to the loss of innocent life. In this case, we have the very first military action under our new president ending in the loss of many innocent lives. Not only has there been no statement of contrition that I've seen, but we have the pre-existing statements from Trump that will serve to fuel terrorist messages for decades to come. They will put his quotes right next to pictures of dead children. Of course, they do this sort of thing anyway, but this time they actually have our president saying he'd purposefully do just what happened, and they can use that to claim rather convincingly to the Muslim world, which knows Trump is very antagonistic to them, that it wasn't a tragic accident.

Edit: I realize it is a small but vocal minority of Trump supporters, but it sickens me to read many comments on this story in the comment sections from Trump supporters that essentially say anyone who is related to or adjacent to terrorists, regardless of age or innocence, has this coming to them. Or I've read some saying a variation of, they blow up their own kids with car bombs, so it is no big deal if we kill some of their kids trying to get the bad guys.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-31-2017, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Pot, meet kettle...
              Here is link that says this was long in planning and the Penagon released a statement of condolence. Did Obama personaly cite his condolences for every loss during his term? It doesn't appear families were targeted and the little girl in question wasn't supposed to be there. When Obamas escalation of drone use had unintended consequence were you equally outraged? If you were then I apologize as your outrage and righteous indignation is consistent.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/navy-seal-k...ry?id=45154985

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Here is link that says this was long in planning and the Penagon released a statement of condolence. Did Obama personaly cite his condolences for every loss during his term? It doesn't appear families were targeted and the little girl in question wasn't supposed to be there. When Obamas escalation of drone use had unintended consequence were you equally outraged? If you were then I apologize as your outrage and righteous indignation is consistent.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/navy-seal-k...ry?id=45154985
                you're going to wear yourself out at this pace.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Gorsuch, apparently.
                  Yes!!
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                    you're going to wear yourself out at this pace.
                    I know. I have a full time job, and this is what's wearing me out. And, I am trying not to be an a hole but fear I may be treading on hallowed ground already and that's with some of the hard core people not even playing along. How do people do it?

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Here is link that says this was long in planning and the Penagon released a statement of condolence. Did Obama personaly cite his condolences for every loss during his term? It doesn't appear families were targeted and the little girl in question wasn't supposed to be there. When Obamas escalation of drone use had unintended consequence were you equally outraged?
                      DMT was. We disagree on a lot of stuff, but he's been iron clad consistent on this.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I know. I have a full time job, and this is what's wearing me out. And, I am trying not to be an a hole but fear I may be treading on hallowed ground already and that's with some of the hard core people not even playing along. How do people do it?
                        Not sure what you mean by hallowed ground... I guess I'm trying to say, dont take every piece of bait horns lays out for you because you will wear yourself out fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                          Not sure what you mean by hallowed ground... I guess I'm trying to say, dont take every piece of bait horns lays out for you because you will wear yourself out fast.
                          Hallowed ground wasn't directed at you or anyone on this Board in particular, it's just a general commentary on Internet anonymity wherein commenters have such courage to say things they'd never say to another's face that they become "big league" or is it "bigly" asshats. I suppose we're all guilty of that on occasion. And with that I'm going to hang up and listen again for a while.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Hallowed ground wasn't directed at you or anyone on this Board in particular, it's just a general commentary on Internet anonymity wherein commenters have such courage to say things they'd never say to another's face that they become "big league" or is it "bigly" asshats. I suppose we're all guilty of that on occasion. And with that I'm going to hang up and listen again for a while.
                            come back soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              DMT was. We disagree on a lot of stuff, but he's been iron clad consistent on this.
                              Yea, it astounds and sickens me how many Democrats just looked the other way on Obama's drone war and legalizing the assassination of U.S. citizens. Here's a rundown from a left-wing source.

"Using drones to kill American citizens without trial, collecting the email and phone records of millions of Americans on a daily basis, and grabbing militants off of the streets of foreign cities and imprisoning them indefinitely — these are all powers that Obama has bequeathed to his successor."

The likelihood of this trend reversing under Trump is zero.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Hey, don't go anywhere. Reasonable voices are always needed around here.

Or so it seems.
                                Last edited by Redbirds Fan; 01-31-2017, 11:59 PM.
                                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Working...
                                X