• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Know that I sound like a broken record but
    Mueller will not release information - Trump will fire him first

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/28/u...T.nav=top-news

Comment

• Trey Gowdy and Rodney Frelinghuysen both announce they're retiring, making them the 37th and 38th GOP congressmen to announce they are not running for their current seat ahead of the 2018 mid-term elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Trey Gowdy and Rodney Frelinghuysen both announce they're retiring, making them the 35th and 36th GOP congressmen to announce they are not running for their current seat ahead of the 2018 mid-term elections.
        and Frelinghuysen is an institution - the man has avenues and neighborhoods named after him - It will be very hard to fill his republican shoes with another

Comment

• every chance he can he goes against progress and science - SAD - and it is actually sad not just Trump twitter sad

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.da763a070f40

Comment

• The Great Memo has been released! And now the Civil War among the GOP begins! How long until Trump-appointees Wray and Rosenstein are fired or resign?

EDIT -- Trump, when asked if he will fire Rosenstein, said "You figure that one out." Wow.

Constitutional crisis in 3....2.....

Comment

• The funny thing about all this is that Devin Nunes is the rep in my hometown and he's cousins with one of my best friends. My buddy was excited when he found out his cousin won his election way back when, now he's bummed about how much of a joke he's become.

Comment

The Great Memo has been released! And now the Civil War among the GOP begins! How long until Trump-appointees Wray and Rosenstein are fired or resign?

EDIT -- Trump, when asked if he will fire Rosenstein, said "You figure that one out." Wow.

Constitutional crisis in 3....2.....
                I don't think that is actually the question he was asked when he gave his response. I believe he was asked by the gaggle multiple variations of questions, from watching the CNN video, at least as it appears to me, that one female reporter asked if he would fire Rosenstein, while another male reporter asked in a much louder voice if he had confidence in Rosenstein. I suspect he was asking the louder of the two question questioners, the "confidence" question, but I'm sure I'm probably wrong and now a full fledged Trump supporter!
                Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 02-02-2018, 04:47 PM.
                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Silly partisan memo aside, here's something that people REALLY need to be concerned about. Funding for the CDC and USAID to fight and study epidemics abroad is about to be slashed dramatically. And with carriers of any disease now just a plane ticket away, it's a REAL threat to citizens in the US, not some phantom boogeyman.

In December 2014, Congress appropriated $5.4 billion to fight the deal with the historic Ebola epidemic that was raging in West Africa. Most of that money went to quashing the epidemic directly, but around $1 billion was allocated to help developing countries improve their ability to detect and respond to infectious diseases. The logic is sound: It is far more efficient to invest money in helping countries contain diseases at the source, than to risk small outbreaks flaring up into large international disasters.

But the $1 billion pot, which was mostly divided between the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and USAID, runs out in 2019—a fiscal cliff with disaster at its foot. As I wrote:

That money has been used well, to train epidemiologists, buy equipment, upgrade labs, and stockpile drugs. If it disappears, progress will halt, and potentially reverse. The CDC, for example, would have to pull back 80 percent of its staff in 35 countries, breaking ties with local ministries of health.

This is now coming to pass. Two weeks ago, Betsy McKay at The Wall Street Journal reported that the CDC, with no firm promise of future funding, is indeed preparing to downsize its work in 39 countries. Those include the Democratic Republic of Congo, which recently experienced its eighth Ebola outbreak, and China, which is currently undergoing its worst outbreak of H7N9 bird flu. Lena Sun of The Washington Post confirmed this report on Thursday, writing that “notice is being given now to CDC country directors” as the first part of a transition.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Horns - Shockingly enough, we have a political point we can agree on. This type of stuff should be at the core of what the CDC does.

Now, that said, the CDC has decided to spread out into areas that are definitely not in what I'd consider their core mission and puts them in competition with other federal agencies. Issues like safety, traumatic brain inury, violence prevention, and opioid abuse are serious issues, but haven't historically been in the CDCs purview, and I don't think they should be. Moreover, the FDA, OSHA, and the ACF all feel the CDC is tramping on their turf - and these three groups have very powerful political allies on both sides of the aisle.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Horns - Shockingly enough, we have a political point we can agree on. This type of stuff should be at the core of what the CDC does.

Now, that said, the CDC has decided to spread out into areas that are definitely not in what I'd consider their core mission and puts them in competition with other federal agencies. Issues like safety, traumatic brain inury, violence prevention, and opioid abuse are serious issues, but haven't historically been in the CDCs purview, and I don't think they should be. Moreover, the FDA, OSHA, and the ACF all feel the CDC is tramping on their turf - and these three groups have very powerful political allies on both sides of the aisle.
                      I’m no longer alone! I’m glad you’re back chance.
                      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Horns - Shockingly enough, we have a political point we can agree on. This type of stuff should be at the core of what the CDC does.

Good to hear, I hate arguing with you.

I would say that 2 of the 4 areas that you listed should certainly be in the wheelhouse of the CDC. Brain injury and Opioid Abuse should be multi jurisdictional issues since while they may be limited to a small section of the population, the affect they have on younger people can be devastating. The other two you mentioned, I would agree with the CDC being hands off.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Fantastic! About Time! More Russia like each and every day! Our very own May Day Parade!

At Trump’s direction, Pentagon is planning large-scale military parade in Washington inspired by France's Bastille Day celebration...

President Trump's vision of soldiers marching and tanks rolling down the boulevards of Washington is moving closer to reality in the Pentagon and White House, where officials say they have begun to plan a grand military parade to showcase the might of America's armed forces later this year.

Trump has long mused publicly and privately about wanting such a parade, but a Jan. 18 meeting between Trump and top generals in the Pentagon's tank — a room reserved for top-secret discussions — marked a tipping point, according to two officials briefed on the planning.

"This is being worked at the highest levels of the military," said a military official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the planning discussions are supposed to remain confidential.
                          WaPo Mail alerts...

I guess that money that they'll spend on a parade couldn't actually be used to, you know, HELP vets who might be struggling after serving their country.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Fantastic! About Time! More Russia like each and every day! Our very own May Day Parade!

WaPo Mail alerts...

I guess that money that they'll spend on a parade couldn't actually be used to, you know, HELP vets who might be struggling after serving their country.
                            What a joke.

Comment

What a joke.
                              It is a bit scary to me. Seems like!the sort of thing North Korea does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                It is a bit scary to me. Seems like!the sort of thing North Korea does.
                                Nahhhh, ours will be way better. It will be the BEST. HIGHEST RATED. MOST INCREDIBLE. Only the "little" Democrats and their "cryin" illegal supporters won't get on board with the BEST AND MOST BEAUTIFUL parade to honor our WONDERFUL MILITARY. TREASON! SAD! LOUD NOISES!

Comment

Working...
                                X