This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i saw this, thought..

the world is a dumpster on fire. you just don't notice it as much when you're younger.

Comment

• so Wolff went to the WH pretending to be Trumps friend and then turned around and wrote a semi-fiction so-called tell-all book? if true, that's pretty sleazy.

also, Bannon im guessing is like Alex Jones. they have their own home. for example when Jones and Megan Kelly were mugging it up for the camera's recently, he promptly threw her under the bus shortly after it was over to the delight of his fanbase.

i have a feeling, this is gonna get really weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        so Wolff went to the WH pretending to be Trumps friend and then turned around and wrote a semi-fiction so-called tell-all book? if true, that's pretty sleazy.

also, Bannon im guessing is like Alex Jones. they have their own home. for example when Jones and Megan Kelly were mugging it up for the camera's recently, he promptly threw her under the bus shortly after it was over to the delight of his fanbase.

i have a feeling, this is gonna get really weird.
        He went to the White House as a well known reporter and author, with pretty much full access to the West Wing. He's written at least 4 other books, including one on Rupert Murdoch, so he got the access he had legitimately, not as a so called "friend". He claims to have copious notes with his interview subjects, as well as recordings...

Now, does all that mean that the book is 100% accurate? I don't know, but I'll bet it's a hell of a lot more than "semi fiction". The WH wouldn't be reacting the way they are if the book didn't have truth to it...they'd likely just dismiss it totally.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Revealing Politico article/oped about Michael Wolff...

President Donald Trump could have saved himself a lot of grief if he—or one of his people—had read Michael Wolff’s 2008 book, The Man Who Owns the News: Inside the Secret World of Rupert Murdoch, before permitting the writer seemingly unfettered access to the White House and his underling Steve Bannon.

I’m not the only one to arrive at that observation. On Twitter today, Roger Ailes biographer Gabriel Sherman wrote, “One of the baffling things about Trumpworld giving access to Wolff: all they needed to do was call Murdoch and he would have said don’t cooperate b/c Wolff had written nasty book on him. And Jared/Trump speak to Murdoch all the time!”

Six minutes later, Wolff tweeted back at Sherman, “I kept waiting for that call to be made.”

Why wasn’t the call made as Wolff began collecting string for Fire and Fury, his new book about the Trump White House? The simple answer is that Wolff appears to have mastered a journalistic skill that allows him to suck up one moment and then, when seated at the keyboard, to spit out.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post

Now, does all that mean that the book is 100% accurate? I don't know, but I'll bet it's a hell of a lot more than "semi fiction". The WH wouldn't be reacting the way they are if the book didn't have truth to it...they'd likely just dismiss it totally.
            So Donald Trump's behavior is totally predictable...and we all agree that if someone made very public false accusations about him he would likely just ignore them ? Okay....
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• yeah, something tells me that he's actually quite happy with the press about the book; who knows, maybe he was even counting on it, so that the press doesn't talk about ...

Trump moves to vastly expand offshore drilling (Jan 4)
              Republicans from pot-friendly states condemn Sessions announcement (Jan 5)
              The Trump Administration Just Derailed a Key Obama Rule on Housing Segregation (Jan 4)
              US suspends security assistance to Pakistan (Jan 4)

you may agree with some, or all of these ... but nobody is talking about them; nope, let's talk about the book instead ...
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                So Donald Trump's behavior is totally predictable...and we all agree that if someone made very public false accusations about him he would likely just ignore them ? Okay....
                If it was patently false, they'd likely just dismiss it as such, and not bother threatening legal maneuvers that don't stand a chance.

Instead they're trying to block publication...so yeah, IMO there's a lot of truth to be found there.

And actually Trana, all those stories are being widely discussed on the 'net, and in the papers, as is the book.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• I think I would have my people push back on the “semi-literate” part. That was pretty embarrassing.
                  If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

If it was patently false, they'd likely just dismiss it as such, and not bother threatening legal maneuvers that don't stand a chance.

Instead they're trying to block publication...so yeah, IMO there's a lot of truth to be found there.
                    I don't think the truth matters at all to Trump, so he isn't responding based on whether the book is true or not. But if you want to believe that his response provides evidence that the book is true go ahead.
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I don't think the truth matters at all to Trump, so he isn't responding based on whether the book is true or not. But if you want to believe that his response provides evidence that the book is true go ahead.
                      I appreciate your permission to have my own opinions...means a lot to me.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I appreciate your permission to have my own opinions...means a lot to me.
                        I wasn't really giving permission so much as pointing out how ridiculous your thought process was. But go ahead and think something different !
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          yeah, something tells me that he's actually quite happy with the press about the book; who knows, maybe he was even counting on it, so that the press doesn't talk about ...

Trump moves to vastly expand offshore drilling (Jan 4)
                          Republicans from pot-friendly states condemn Sessions announcement (Jan 5)
                          The Trump Administration Just Derailed a Key Obama Rule on Housing Segregation (Jan 4)
                          US suspends security assistance to Pakistan (Jan 4)

you may agree with some, or all of these ... but nobody is talking about them; nope, let's talk about the book instead ...

Ive said it before in this thread and I will say it again -

This guy doesnt care what people think. Any publicity is good publicity and he is very adept at showing you the right hand (and letting it be the story) while his left hand is doing other works.
                          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I wasn't really giving permission so much as pointing out how ridiculous your thought process was. But go ahead and think something different !
                            And your continuing fascination with my thoughts makes me warm all over...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

And your continuing fascination with my thoughts makes me warm all over...
                              I guess since I've responded to you 5 times in the last 3 months I am clearly fascinated with your thoughts....ooh, now it's 6 times.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I guess since I've responded to you 5 times in the last 3 months I am clearly fascinated with your thoughts....ooh, now it's 6 times.
                                Bordering on the stalkerish now...creepy!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X