This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    You are probably right if you mean they won't step up to impeach him for anything less than him attempting a preemptive nuclear strike. However, given his ever mounting baggage, coupled with him alienating just about everyone who has ever been politically close to him, and his poor poll numbers, I would be shocked if the GOP did not oust him in the primaries during the next election. One way or another, I cannot conceive of him even being the nominee, let alone him winning a second term.
    This year is the best shot for impeachment, with Dems poised to win back Congress. If it doesn't happen later this year or early next year, then what we need is a 1992 style chain of events, when Pat Buchanan launched a major offensive in the primaries on George Bush, showing his vulnerability, and then Ross Perot launched a very credible 3rd party bid that eroded away GOP votes.

It would be great if Mark Cuban ran in the Republican primary and John Kasich ran in the general election as an Independent. That could be our perfect storm.

Comment

• Why would Cuban be any better than Trump? Im just curious - has he held any public office?

I have to start looking for my 3rd party candidates.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Today in Trumpville...

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is rescinding an Obama-era directive that discouraged enforcement of federal marijuana laws in states that had legalized the substance, according to people familiar with the decision.

The move potentially paves the way for the federal government to crack down on the burgeoning pot industry — though the precise impact remains to be seen. Marijuana already was illegal under U.S. law, even as federal prosecutors had been advised against bringing cases involving it in states that approved its use and sale.

The people who described Sessions’s decision, first reported by the Associated Press, spoke on the condition of anonymity. A formal announcement was expected later Thursday.
        The response from Trump's litigation counsel comes after unflattering comments made about the president and his family in the forthcoming book "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House" by Michael Wolff.

"We are investigating numerous false and/or baseless statements that you have made about Mr. Trump in your upcoming book," the firm wrote to the author and Steve Rubin, president and publisher of Henry Holt and Co.

"Mr. Trump hereby demands that you immediately cease and desist from any further publication, release or dissemination of the Book," the letter stated, "and that you issue a full and complete retraction and apology to my client."

Trump lawyers also sent a cease-and-desist letter to former chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon late Wednesday in response to comments he made in the book. The lawyers argued that Bannon had violated the employment agreement he signed with the Trump Organization in numerous ways and also may have defamed the president.
        Both courtesy of WaPo Mail Alerts.

Nobody cares about Pot anymore Jeff, nobody. Let it go, whatever it did to you is over...it can't hurt you anymore.

And if anyone starts a go fund me for the publisher of the book, I'm in. And just so people are aware of the background, the author had pretty much unrestricted access to the West Wing of the White House for months. It's legit...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          Why would Cuban be any better than Trump? Im just curious - has he held any public office?
          Because even though Cuban is nearly as big a narcissist as Trump, he isn't as crazy and childish as Trump. I would not be a supporter of Cuban, but he would be a better version of Trump in every conceivable way. He'd still be pushing the pro-business policies Trump is, and many of the other less divisive GOP agenda items, like infrastructure building, cutting bureaucracy, etc. But he very likely would not get into dick measuring contests with nuclear holding dictators, he likely wouldn't aggressively alienate us internationally on issues of pollution and climate change, he certainly would not be as divisive on racial and ethnic issues as Trump, and he would be more moderate and thus more palatable across the board on a wide range of issues. So, if the country wants an under-qualified narcissistic, loud-mouthed, celebrity billionaire as president, Mark Cuban would be an improvement on Trump in every conceivable way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post

Nobody cares about Pot anymore Jeff, nobody. Let it go, whatever it did to you is over...it can't hurt you anymore.
            Oh, a lot of people care an awful lot about pot. I'm pro-legalization myself, but not a pothead and so not invested in the debate really, so it tickles me pink to see the angst created by the libertarian/anarchist subset that supported Trump who are also 420-or-die. I know one guy who loves three things, in order: pot, guns, and alex jones/anti-government conspiracy theorists in general. He was a Trump voter and it would cause him great personal angst if Sessions is allowed to push forward his pot agenda. He didn't think it would come to fruition, and it still might not--some of Trump's base are libertarian pot-smokers who would be pissed if Trump made this an issue, despite the vast majority of the country being for legalization.
            Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-04-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Im a libertarian - and not a smoker - I am also pro-legalization of pot and hemp products. Im not libertarian because Im for pot legalization. Anyone that was pro-pot should not have voted for either major candidate as they both were against it to some form.
              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Why would Cuban be any better than Trump?
                because Cuban is actually a self made successful businessman with above average intelligence
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Oh, a lot of people care an awful lot about pot. I'm pro-legalization myself, but not a pothead and so not invested in the debate really, so it tickles me pink to see the angst created by the libertarian/anarchist subset that supported Trump who are also 420-or-die. I know one guy who loves three things, in order: pot, guns, and alex jones/anti-government conspiracy theorists in general. He was a Trump voter and it would cause him great personal angst if Sessions is allowed to push forward his pot agenda. He didn't think it would come to fruition, and it still might not--some of Trump's base are libertarian pot-smokers who would be pissed if Trump made this an issue, despite the vast majority of the country being for legalization.
                  Latest poll that I could find show that over 60% of the US citizens favor making Pot legal, and 88% say that it should be allowed to be used medicinally...that's a pretty overwhelming percentage IMO.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Why would Cuban be any better than Trump? Im just curious - has he held any public office?

I have to start looking for my 3rd party candidates.
                    Because he's not a first class asshole, bigot, misogynist? (I assume)
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      Latest poll that I could find show that over 60% of the US citizens favor making Pot legal, and 88% say that it should be allowed to be used medicinally...that's a pretty overwhelming percentage IMO.

http://www.newsweek.com/marijuana-le...oll-pot-588105
                      so was Net Neutrality.......... These parties dont work for us - they have their own agendas.

Comment

so was Net Neutrality.......... These parties dont work for us - they have their own agendas.
                        What are those agendas exactly?
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Assist the largest donors to their causes.

Comment

You're missing a major point...large corporations stand to gain a lot of revenue by controlling the internet. Parties don't gain squat at this point from legalized marijuana...that could change in the future, but that's pretty far off.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Large Corps stand to gain a lot of revenue by controlling the internet.

They also stand to LOSE a lot of revenue if marijuana and hemp are legalized. Think how much money big pharma potentially loses if people can grow their own.

Comment

Large Corps stand to gain a lot of revenue by controlling the internet.

They also stand to LOSE a lot of revenue if marijuana and hemp are legalized. Think how much money big pharma potentially loses if people can grow their own.
                                You're speculating that they won't be involved in some way...that's speculation that I'm not willing to make.

And growing your own isn't nearly as simple as people like to think...it's a hell of a lot easier to go to the dispensary and find just the right strain of weed for your needs.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X