Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe when OneJay meant he had a very good year, he forgot to add "on the golf course," where he just spent his mind-numbing EIGHTY SIXTH DAY, and as a candidate he famously declared he "wouldn't have time for golf."

"President Donald Trump has been spotted on his West Palm Beach, Florida, golf course on Tuesday and Wednesday, despite his tweet saying he’d be “back to work in order to Make America Great Again” the day after Christmas.

According to pool reports, Trump arrived at the Trump International Golf Club just after 9 a.m. on both days.

Trump is spending the holidays at the Mar-a-Lago resort he owns in Palm Beach, Florida. His Wednesday trip to the nearby golf course marks the 86th day he spent at one of his golf properties since he became president, according to NBC News. It’s also his 112th day at a Trump-owned property since he took office."

What's so irksome, besides his hypocritical bashing of Obama over golfing, is the fact his handlers and backers PRETEND HE'S NOT PLAYING. Talk about Fake F---ing News! Everything about this administration is fake.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Is this really what we want, a government and court full of rank amateurs?
      If you want the rich to get richer...then yes. I mean c'mon, without the Don we wouldn't be able to say Merry Christmas.

Comment

Ok, let's view it from your angle:
        - did he leave NAFTA? - no
        - did he "get tough" with China on trade? - no
        - did he "defeat ISIS in 30 days?" - no
        - has he "dealt more forcefully with North Korea" than any of his predecessors have? - no
        - did he "end Obamacare?" - no
        - has he "brought coal back?" - no
        - has he "banned Muslims from entering the US?" - no
        - has he "dissolved the Iran nuclear pact"? - decertified, which meant little when the Republican-controlled Congress did nothing further
        - did he "lessen America's global military presence?" - haha
        - has he "brought the country closer together?" - bwahaha
        - has he "helped people of color? After all, they have nothing to lose." - bwhahahahahaha
        - has he "improved America's image in the world?" - bwhahahahahaha
        - has he "achieved peace in the Middle East?" - bwhahahahahahahahahahaha

How many times has he made some cockamamie declaration only to walk it back in a few days? Remember when his admin declared that you could now import hunting trophies from Africa, only to walk it back a couple of days later after public outrage? Or when his admin decided to defund the VA's homeless vet program, only to rescind it a day later due to public outrage? Remember the transgender ban in the military? How's that coming along? or when he caused a national stir when he claimed Obama had tapped his phone???

Some other wonderful things he did do:
        - remove the US from the TPP, only to have the remaining 11 countries turn to China instead
        - remove the US from the Climate Accords, only to what? Leave us as a global embarrassment?
        - made gullible Americans believe our intelligence services are corrupt and inept
        - made gullible Americans believe the entire US press is in cahoots (bwahahahahahaha) and feeds these same gullible Americans a diet of "fake news" (unlike the President, who has publicly lied over 2,000 times, according to some sources)
        - destroyed the State Department
        - appointed or tried to appoint unqualified people to the courts or various agencies/departments

I mean, I can go on and on, but I don't have time for now. Appointing a Supreme Court Justice is considered a major win, when he had the opening and a GOP-controlled Congress? Heck, he could have appointed Kermit the Frog and gotten him through.
        Let’s review from “my” angle? Dude, honestly, reading is fundamental. I simply postured the conservative view, not my view! While I considered myself conservative, I’m pretty my Never Trump stance would leave in the moderate group, but whatevs. Have it your way. You recited the liberal/Dem scorecard, and that, as my RedBirds Fan would say, is “Bullshit.” You listed a bunch of campaign promises and rhetoric and stated it as fact. Again, as my friend RB would say, that’s weak sauce. Now if I go back and post every broken campaign promise and rhetoric, from a “conservative” perspective, of the last President, how many posters will accuse me of whataboutery? Every “liberal” on this board (probably not every, but a lot!).

Let’s argue facts (or at least the facts as I spin them!) in no particular order.
        1. Argue that Trump didn’t draw a redline in Syria after their use of chemical weapons (again) and (to the best of our knowledge) they haven’t used theme since! Yes, He only bombed the shit out of a single airport. Liberals see it as bluster, but again, they’ve behaved since, so it is possible that liberals are wrong. Wait. Before continuing I’ll let you catch your breathe on that one. I know it hit you hard.

2. Argue that ISIS isn’t nearly eradicated from its former caliphate in both Iraq and Syria after holding large swaths of both. And for extra credit, argue why you think Obama gets credit for getting troops out of Iraq, curing the economic crisis, and killing Ben laden, but it is not hypocritical to not give Trump any, even minimal, credit here. And, points will be deducted for admitted begrudgingly that ok, ok, you’ll give him “a little credit!”
        3. Argue that Trump hasn’t reset policy in Afghanistan. Right, wrong or indifferent, he listened to his “Generals” and took their advice. Unlike someone else, another vaunted war hero, who did not and dismissed their advice and pulled troops out without a back up plan, leaving chaos to ensue causing, directly or indirectly, the proliferation of ISIS. The JV squad!
        4. Argue how Trump hasn’t increased sanctions or been more forceful with both North Korea and Iran. From the conservative perspective, the last guy pussyied out and did nothing other than sanctions and depending on whom you choose to believe, negotiated either a super duper or shit deal with Iran to keep them from obtaining nukes.
        5. Argue that his recently approved sending of armored anti tank weapons to Ukraine isn’t counter Russian interests and is something his “friend” Putin cares little about. Didn’t the last guy allow Russia to cease/steal/ take the Crimea for goodness sake. I know they wanted to be a part of Russia again, except for the people who didn’t. Or was that Trumps fault, too!

That’s just a little bit on world affairs.

I can go on and on for the domestic side but you already pooped on my post, so I’ll take that to mean you’re pretty locked in on your very subjective view.
        Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 12-27-2017, 05:31 PM.
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post

nice summary. Makes me feel a bit better about Trump.
          My goal isn’t to make anyone feel better about Trump. I think the guys is a ill-moral pig and unfit for office, but to claim he’s done nothing is simply bullshit. You may not agree with much, I get that, kinda like how I felt/feel about the last guy. The difference is that while I was not an Obama fan, he wasn’t devoid of decorum and respect for the office.
          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
            LI can go on and on for the domestic side but you already pooped on my post, so I’ll take that to mean you’re pretty locked in on your very subjective view.
            Dude, my "very subjected view" is 28 years as a Republican, but when they handed the keys over to amateur clowns & hypocrite right wingers, that was it. Humanity and civility over party.

While I may have been a "Republican In Name Only" for all those years, you my friend, appear to be a "Never Trump in Name Only!"

Comment

Dude, my "very subjected view" is 28 years as a Republican, but when they handed the keys over to amateur clowns & hypocrite right wingers, that was it. Humanity and civility over party.

While I may have been a "Republican In Name Only" for all those years, you my friend, appear to be a "Never Trump in Name Only!"
              If you say so! It’s your board and all.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• I certainly hope that you Trump lovers will be sending some of your new tax break money to Jason to support the site. If you don't, you should leave.
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  I certainly hope that you Trump lovers will be sending some of your new tax break money to Jason to support the site. If you don't, you should leave.
                  Yeah thats a really mature pile of Bullshit..........
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                  Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    I certainly hope that you Trump lovers will be sending some of your new tax break money to Jason to support the site. If you don't, you should leave.
                    I’m happy to tell dickheaded presumptuous asshats how much I support the site, if that’s the penis measuring test we’ve come to! I hope you trump hating dough bags out fund us because we’re few in number and we’re apparently throwing away money supporting an echo chamber.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                      Yeah thats a really mature pile of Bullshit..........
                      The tolerant left! Always open to discourse until you disagree. But, then again, remember that revo said us righties get so touchy sometimes.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Trump is a strange case, everybody here that seems to support him say they can't stand him.

Comment

• For Cripes sake - I have said I agree with literally 3 things that Trump has done. I even listed them earlier

1 - SCOTUS nomination
                          2 - Putting the DOL Fiduciary Rule on hold
                          3 - Cutting funding to the UN

This in turn has made me a Trump supporter...

I have stated I am not certain about the tax bill and will wait to see how it plays out as I have heard so much rhetoric from both sides I am not actually sure. I would prefer that we figure out a way for "Dreamers" to get a pathway to citizenship. Im not sure playing chicken with Kim Jong IL is a good idea but that situation has been a mess for going on 40+ years now.

Iran is another disaster that started well before he was in office and that genie is out of the bottle so there's no putting it back in.

So there I have stated there are things that I dont agree with, but in this discussion it just doesnt matter. As long as I you agree with one thing - well you are the enemy.
                          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                            Trump is a strange case, everybody here that seems to support him say they can't stand him.
                            Support, or is it possible that some of us chose not to sing from the liberal hymn book? I think you and others keep conflating “support” with our attempts to provide some balance and objectivity. I don’t choose to see the world through the GOPers haters glasses. If the way you and revo see it as our Tacit support him, well then, enjoy the echo chambers you live in.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                              For Cripes sake - I have said I agree with literally 3 things that Trump has done. I even listed them earlier

1 - SCOTUS nomination
                              2 - Putting the DOL Fiduciary Rule on hold
                              3 - Cutting funding to the UN

This in turn has made me a Trump supporter...

I have stated I am not certain about the tax bill and will wait to see how it plays out as I have heard so much rhetoric from both sides I am not actually sure. I would prefer that we figure out a way for "Dreamers" to get a pathway to citizenship. Im not sure playing chicken with Kim Jong IL is a good idea but that situation has been a mess for going on 40+ years now.

Iran is another disaster that started well before he was in office and that genie is out of the bottle so there's no putting it back in.

So there I have stated there are things that I dont agree with, but in this discussion it just doesnt matter. As long as I you agree with one thing - well you are the enemy.
                              Good post. I agree with most of what you wrote. And just because I wrote the long post about accomplishments doesn’t mean I agree with everything.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                                Support, or is it possible that some of us chose not to sing from the liberal hymn book? I think you and others keep conflating “support” with our attempts to provide some balance and objectivity. I don’t choose to see the world through the GOPers haters glasses. If the way you and revo see it as our Tacit support him, well then, enjoy the echo chambers you live in.
                                I'm as far from the liberal hymn book as you can get. But I guess the echo chamber doesn't pertain to you. GOP haters glasses...seriously because I view Trump as the most embarrassing thing to happen to US politics in my lifetime? Too many of the GOP have caved rather than cross Trump...no worries. Personally I think both parties have crapped the bed...just Trump is by far the worst.

Comment

Working...
                                X