This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Man, you right wingers get so touchy sometimes!

Yes, it's a VERY NICE GESTURE.
    I asked my right wing buddy, says he's not touchy!
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Just for the record -
      I dont have any issue with the US cutting back it's funding of the UN.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        I asked my right wing buddy, says he's not touchy!
        But he probably got pissed that you asked for your liberal friend?
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          Just for the record -
          I dont have any issue with the US cutting back it's funding of the UN.
          Chalk that up with the SCOTUS nomination and the delaying of the DOL rule.

I guess I can count on one hand the number of thing that I like that Trump did. I suppose liking less than a handful of things makes me a party guy.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I guess I can count on one hand the number of thing that I like that Trump did. I suppose liking less than a handful of things makes me a party guy.
            You mean the same SCOTUS nomination stolen from Obama? Yea, it does.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Not really. Trump had a very good year, so it should not be hard. Just about anything that happened that Democrats hate is because of him. That's a long list.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Not really. Trump had a very good year, so it should not be hard.
                J
                Notsureifserious.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                  Not really. Trump had a very good year, so it should not be hard. Just about anything that happened that Democrats hate is because of him. That's a long list.

J
                  If you think Trump had a “very good year” then you must think the Cleveland Browns “have kicked some serious ass.”

Comment

If you think Trump had a “very good year” then you must think the Cleveland Browns “have kicked some serious ass.”
                    Trump didn’t have a bad year, but it’s all in the perspective from which you view it.

Liberals are supremely pissed off, so from their perspective it that was the worst year ever for a newly elected president. Impeach, impeach. But in fact, if the midterms go the way liberals hope, it will be the best year ever!

For conservatives, he has signed a ton of EOs, many of which are intended to roll back objectionable (at least to conservatives) things Obama put in to place. He passed the largest tax cuts (your mileage may vary) in 30 years. He appointed a fairly young conservative judge to the SCOTUS (stolen from Obama, is laughable. As if Dems, who changed the threshold for votes in the Senate from 60 to simple majority, which they now regret, won’t do the exact same thing if midterms go their way and a judge retires.) He’s begun a process of rolling back various overbearing regulations that resulted from extreme overreaction to the economic crisis, such forcing accountability of the Director at the CFPB, naming more conservatives heads to the various banking regulatory agencies (Powell at the Fed, Otting at the OCC, and nominating McWillians at the FDIC, etc. ). Hey, he even got the penalty for not having insurance removed that was a hallmark of Obamacare. Conservatives are not completely unhappy, but they remain concerned with Trump’s Twitter usage, other highly objectionable personality traits, and his propensity to attack Ryan, McConnell, McCain, other rational conservatives, support bad candidates, etc. As I said, it all depends on your perspective.

In fact, I just read an article that I’ll try to locate that said his Russian policy has been very close to how HRC proposed handling it. It was Ben Shapiro’s view, I believe.
                    Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 12-27-2017, 09:38 AM.
                    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                      Trump didn’t have a bad year, but it’s all in the perspective from which you view it.

Liberals are supremely pissed off, so from their perspective it that was the worst year ever for a newly elected president. Impeach, impeach. But in fact, if the midterms go the way liberals hope, it will be the best year ever!

For conservatives, he has signed a ton of EOs, many of which are intended to roll back objectionable (at least to conservatives) things Obama put in to place. He passed the largest tax cuts (your mileage may vary) in 30 years. He appointed a fairly young conservative judge to the SCOTUS (stolen from Obama, is laughable. As if Dems, who changed the threshold for votes in the Senate from 60 to simple majority, which they now regret, won’t do the exact same thing if midterms go their way and a judge retires.) He’s begun a process of rolling back various overbearing regulations that resulted from extreme overreaction to the economic crisis, such forcing accountability of the Director at the CFPB, naming more conservatives heads to the various banking regulatory agencies (Powell at the Fed, Otting at the OCC, and nominating McWillians at the FDIC, etc. ). Hey, he even got the penalty for not having insurance removed that was a hallmark of Obamacare. Conservatives are not completely unhappy, but they remain concerned with Trump’s Twitter usage, other highly objectionable personality traits, and his propensity to attack Ryan, McConnell, McCain, other rational conservatives, support bad candidates, etc. As I said, it all depends on your perspective.

In fact, I just read an article that I’ll try to locate that said his Russian policy has been very close to how HRC proposed handling it. It was Ben Shapiro’s view, I believe.
                      Ok, let's view it from your angle:
                      - did he leave NAFTA? - no
                      - did he "get tough" with China on trade? - no
                      - did he "defeat ISIS in 30 days?" - no
                      - has he "dealt more forcefully with North Korea" than any of his predecessors have? - no
                      - did he "end Obamacare?" - no
                      - has he "brought coal back?" - no
                      - has he "banned Muslims from entering the US?" - no
                      - has he "dissolved the Iran nuclear pact"? - decertified, which meant little when the Republican-controlled Congress did nothing further
                      - did he "lessen America's global military presence?" - haha
                      - has he "brought the country closer together?" - bwahaha
                      - has he "helped people of color? After all, they have nothing to lose." - bwhahahahahaha
                      - has he "improved America's image in the world?" - bwhahahahahaha
                      - has he "achieved peace in the Middle East?" - bwhahahahahahahahahahaha

How many times has he made some cockamamie declaration only to walk it back in a few days? Remember when his admin declared that you could now import hunting trophies from Africa, only to walk it back a couple of days later after public outrage? Or when his admin decided to defund the VA's homeless vet program, only to rescind it a day later due to public outrage? Remember the transgender ban in the military? How's that coming along? or when he caused a national stir when he claimed Obama had tapped his phone???

Some other wonderful things he did do:
                      - remove the US from the TPP, only to have the remaining 11 countries turn to China instead
                      - remove the US from the Climate Accords, only to what? Leave us as a global embarrassment?
                      - made gullible Americans believe our intelligence services are corrupt and inept
                      - made gullible Americans believe the entire US press is in cahoots (bwahahahahahaha) and feeds these same gullible Americans a diet of "fake news" (unlike the President, who has publicly lied over 2,000 times, according to some sources)
                      - destroyed the State Department
                      - appointed or tried to appoint unqualified people to the courts or various agencies/departments

I mean, I can go on and on, but I don't have time for now. Appointing a Supreme Court Justice is considered a major win, when he had the opening and a GOP-controlled Congress? Heck, he could have appointed Kermit the Frog and gotten him through.

Comment

Ok, let's view it from your angle:
                        - did he leave NAFTA? - no
                        - did he "get tough" with China on trade? - no
                        - did he "defeat ISIS in 30 days?" - no
                        - has he "dealt more forcefully with North Korea" than any of his predecessors have? - no
                        - did he "end Obamacare?" - no
                        - has he "brought coal back?" - no
                        - has he "banned Muslims from entering the US?" - no
                        - has he "dissolved the Iran nuclear pact"? - decertified, which meant little when the Republican-controlled Congress did nothing further
                        - did he "lessen America's global military presence?" - haha
                        - has he "brought the country closer together?" - bwahaha
                        - has he "helped people of color? After all, they have nothing to lose." - bwhahahahahaha
                        - has he "improved America's image in the world?" - bwhahahahahaha
                        - has he "achieved peace in the Middle East?" - bwhahahahahahahahahahaha

How many times has he made some cockamamie declaration only to walk it back in a few days? Remember when his admin declared that you could now import hunting trophies from Africa, only to walk it back a couple of days later after public outrage? Or when his admin decided to defund the VA's homeless vet program, only to rescind it a day later due to public outrage? Remember the transgender ban in the military? How's that coming along? or when he caused a national stir when he claimed Obama had tapped his phone???

Some other wonderful things he did do:
                        - remove the US from the TPP, only to have the remaining 11 countries turn to China instead
                        - remove the US from the Climate Accords, only to what? Leave us as a global embarrassment?
                        - made gullible Americans believe our intelligence services are corrupt and inept
                        - made gullible Americans believe the entire US press is in cahoots (bwahahahahahaha) and feeds these same gullible Americans a diet of "fake news" (unlike the President, who has publicly lied over 2,000 times, according to some sources)
                        - destroyed the State Department
                        - appointed or tried to appoint unqualified people to the courts or various agencies/departments

I mean, I can go on and on, but I don't have time for now. Appointing a Supreme Court Justice is considered a major win, when he had the opening and a GOP-controlled Congress? Heck, he could have appointed Kermit the Frog and gotten him through.
                        Amen Revo. I am always flabbergasted when intelligent people think Trump has been anything but a complete disaster.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Amen Revo. I am always flabbergasted when intelligent people think Trump has been anything but a complete disaster.
                          I see this as an intelligence test
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            I see this as an intelligence test
                            I understand there are many GOPers who were basing success on judicial appointments, but I wonder what they think now after the debacle that was last week? After seeing that even fellow Republicans in the Senate thought some of these appointees were laughable? Is this really what we want, a government and court full of rank amateurs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post

nice summary. Makes me feel a bit better about Trump.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• This year hasn't brought much that I am in favor of from the president. I wanted to give him some time to understand the process (about six months). He did nothing then, other than blame others when nothing could get passed. As for the past five months...too much Tweeting, too much antagonizing, too much "look at me".

I'm not surprised by his Exec. Orders...that's exactly what his base wanted to see, even if some of them are window-dressing.

I feel like we have been stuck as a country for about 15 years. Bush "stole" Florida, so he wasn't legitimate, and the Democrats, especially in the second term didn't work with him much.

Democrats had two years to do whatever they wanted with all three seats at the table. The only signature bill they could pass was the ACA. Then we had six more years of bickering.

In the past 15 years, we have 13 years of total stagnation when it comes to change. When you're not moving in any direction, you're moving in the wrong direction. Well, we are moving, finally. Depending on your stripes, we're moving in the right or wrong direction (or a mixture of the two). I fully anticipate the Democrats taking control of both the House and Senate next November. While I have nothing to hang my hope on, I believe Trump might be able to accomplish more with Democrats in control with his "art of the deal" style. As I said, I hope.

Maybe we can see more movement in the coming years and get away from the partisanship that has been the mode of operation since the turn of this century.
                                "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                                - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                                - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X