This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    yeah ... I really can't get over how your electorate simply ignored the bolded section above ... it was so blatantly obvious to anyone paying attention
    Really? A large part of Americans are pretty damn dumb and don't pay attention. How can they when there's football to watch and celebrities to focus on?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

yeah ... I really can't get over how your electorate simply ignored the bolded section above ... it was so blatantly obvious to anyone paying attention
      Again - why is this "my" electorate?? I didnt support or vote for this guy!

Back to my point - if I dont run the left narrative he must be my guy. I DIDNT NOR WILL I EVER VOTE FOR TRUMP!
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Really? A large part of Americans are pretty damn dumb and don't pay attention. How can they when there's football to watch and celebrities to focus on?
        Exactly. It is virtually impossible to underestimate the intelligence of our citizenry.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          Trana -
          My contention only dealt with what we as doing pre-election, to take advantage of the partisanship. Is he a blowhard narcissist? Seems very much the case. Its unfortunate that he really had no actual plan on how to accomplish anything he ran on.

I cant stand the political landscape currently - neither side is willing to actually try and find middle ground on anything. Its more about 'our party is in control' so we will do what we want. If he was able to successfully develop a coalition that would bipartisanly support massive infrastructure overhauls and another that pushed for term limits then he could start gaining credibility. Unfortunately, both parties are to busy pointing fingers over the past and he just cant get out of his own way.

He is a bull in a china shop and just cant stop running over the merchandise.
          Hard to find common ground when one side won't even acknowledge science as a legitimate means for gathering information.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

I don't think the last election had anything to do with who had a better plan for governing and accomplishing stated goals. That was very low on the list. I think that was the case for both sides.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              I don't think the last election had anything to do with who had a better plan for governing and accomplishing stated goals. That was very low on the list. I think that was the case for both sides.
              Maybe in the general, but if that was the case for the Dem primaries, Bernie would've won IMO.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Maybe in the general, but if that was the case for the Dem primaries, Bernie would've won IMO.
                LOL - If the DNC hadnt rigged their process and the candidate that "won" the nomination hadnt kept them from bankruptcy to secure her nomination - then Bernie may have won. He never had a prayer.
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Again - why is this "my" electorate?? I didnt support or vote for this guy!

Back to my point - if I dont run the left narrative he must be my guy. I DIDNT NOR WILL I EVER VOTE FOR TRUMP!
                  I think because "your" = American, contrasted with TranaGreg being Canadian.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    That sort of points out the failure of the Democratic strategy doesn't it ? Select a candidate who is popular with Democrats but unappealing to everyone else.

EDIT - I think most Americans would agree that Hillary's experience would make her much more effective at governing compared to Donald Trump. They just didn't buy that what she would accomplish was going to help them. It would be more of the same, which wasn't a good thing for many apparently.
                    Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 12-19-2017, 04:26 PM.
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      Ahhh - oh yeah. I forgot that. Thanks

Comment

analytics at work ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

On the other hand, he does do things because they say them on Fox News and he watches to learn what direction to take the country. Or because they criticize him on some other show and he lashes back.

That's truly the agenda of our executive branch at this moment: defend the ego of one Mr. Donald Trump.
                          Exactly

Comment

LOL - If the DNC hadnt rigged their process and the candidate that "won" the nomination hadnt kept them from bankruptcy to secure her nomination - then Bernie may have won. He never had a prayer.
                            Jeez, give it a break.

1. You don't know anything about the Democratic Party's nomination process, or at least no more than the guy who used to rant about this.
                            2. He never had a prayer, regardless.
                            3. Wah! Her emails!!!

(In case anyone is interested, the Bernie supporters' federal lawsuit based upon the complaints bg mentioned above was tossed out of court about four months ago, by a Reagan-appointed judge.)
                            Last edited by Redbirds Fan; 12-19-2017, 07:54 PM.
                            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              I think that the main issue with the current state of affairs is simply this: In the past, Presidents have pushed their agendas, but never have they been so partisan and dismissive of the other side. We've been a pretty split nation for decades now, but Presidents have always stood above that. They didn't use their bully pulpits to engage in slap fights with the opposition, they didn't actively call out civilians and the press, and they damn sure didn't slag their own intelligence services. Trump is alone in this boorish behavior...he makes W look like a consummate diplomat.

Interesting little fact I came across today, this current Tax Bill that Congress is about to pass is less popular with the public than the tax HIKES under George HW Bush and Bill Clinton...ponder that for a moment.

It's nothing but a last gasp cash grab by the GOP who see that for the next decade, they'll be irrelevant.
                              We’re you not around for the previous 8 years. Or was it your guy doing the partisan shit that you failed to catch how the other side perceived it? Truly, all kidding aside (sort of) I get your what you’re saying. There was a sense of decorum. And, Trump has brought us all down to a new low bar, but the previous 8 years and 16 and 24 helped lead to this.
                              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                                yeah, not since the last president.

Its not that Trump is so partisan but that he's an idiot with less impulse control than that of a spoiled toddler.
                                I agree with this post (that’s a thing now, right? To agree with posts?)
                                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X