Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the green card part wasnt a good idea but the rest of the EO wasn't anything for the loony left to shriek about.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• I look forward to much more interesting topics like taxes, economy, spending, and SCOTUS.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• question to the board
        nearly all of my facebook friends (and real life friends) are liberals

so this is to friends who have Trump supporting friends

Do you have any Trump voting friends who are now starting the think that his becoming POTUS might be a bad idea? if yes what did it finally take?

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          question to the board

Do you have any Trump voting friends who are now starting the think that his becoming POTUS might be a bad idea? if yes what did it finally take?
          Too early

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            the green card part wasnt a good idea but the rest of the EO wasn't anything for the loony left to shriek about.
            Except that it is illegal as Congress will show him soon, but yeah selective immigration based on religious beliefs is no big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
              Except that it is illegal as Congress will show him soon, but yeah selective immigration based on religious beliefs is no big deal.
              It's incredible the complete bullshit conservatives find acceptable nowadays.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Before this goes by the wayside in the sheer volume of shit the Trump administration is throwing out on a daily basis, we had International Holocaust Remembrance Day on Friday. The statement put out by the Trump camp had NO mention of the Jewish people, none whatsoever. Their response? 5 Million others were killed as well...which you could have listed as well as the Jews in your statement.

Read into that what you will...I'll call it blatantly Anti Semitic.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Before this goes by the wayside in the sheer volume of shit the Trump administration is throwing out on a daily basis, we had International Holocaust Remembrance Day on Friday. The statement put out by the Trump camp had NO mention of the Jewish people, none whatsoever. Their response? 5 Million others were killed as well...which you could have listed as well as the Jews in your statement.

It was written by Bannon, so that goes without saying

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    question to the board

Yep. One Trump voter friend wrote on FB that the Muslim Ban EO was "moronic" and that Trump's grade right now was an "F-."

I'm also in a text string chat with my 6 college buddies, of whom 4 voted for him, and while they're still preaching to "give him time" they have largely not been in favor of much of what he's done, besides the job announcements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      Before this goes by the wayside in the sheer volume of shit the Trump administration is throwing out on a daily basis, we had International Holocaust Remembrance Day on Friday. The statement put out by the Trump camp had NO mention of the Jewish people, none whatsoever. Their response? 5 Million others were killed as well...which you could have listed as well as the Jews in your statement.

What I posted in this thread yesterday:

"I'm surprised his Holocaust Remembrance Day message has not been discussed yet. Yes, the White House released a statement about those lost in the Holocaust without once mentioning the words "Jews" or "anti-semitic." Seems impossible if you try. But oh wait, he has a rabid anti-semite as his right-hand man and message crafter. The ADL released a statement saying they were "troubled" by the startling omission.

Could be much ado about nothing, or could be a continuation of his backhanded anti-semitic rhetoric and failure to condemn his large 'pro-Nazi' following. I'm betting on the latter."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                        Hold on hold on....let me check something. *BANG BANG BANG*.....ah there it is. Yup, the sarcasm detector screeched at this one.

Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Marie Tillman, widow of Pat Tillman speaks out on the Muslim Ban...

Marie Tillman

20 hours ago

In 2002 my husband enlisted in the US Army, he stood up to serve because he believed in the principles on which our country was founded and, recognizing it wasn’t perfect, was passionate about what it could be. Today I am deeply saddened by the news of the executive order banning immigration. This is not the country he dreamed of, not what he served for and not what he died for. Since his death I have embarked on the most meaningful work of my life, supporting the men and women who, like Pat, fight for what this country can be. As I read posts from the community of #Tillman Scholars on my Facebook feed I am encouraged; they are exactly as I knew they would be, poised and ready to fight. I am proud of them and proud to stand with them, we’ve got this.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

the green card part wasnt a good idea but the rest of the EO wasn't anything for the loony left to shriek about.
                            and now thats been amended:
                            The Trump administration took a major step back late Sunday from its temporary ban on immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries, issuing a clarification that the order does not apply to green-card holders “absent the receipt of significant derogatory information.”

Comment

So throwing shit against the wall and then cleaning up the splatters afterwards is going to to be this administration's motis operandi?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                ElD left but apparently re-activated his account
                                GITH is Hodor
                                Bob Kohm is rarely seen around these parts
                                Papa Deuce's blowhard/boastful 'tude grew thin on many and as soon as he re-appeared he left again

Thanks for the update.
                                I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X