This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    If you took the time to read any of my posts, including the ones I took the time to write in response to you, you would know that I emphatically do not believe they would ever do that, unless we attack them first. And if you took the time to read up on their regime and on Un, I believe you would come to the same conclusion. The idea that they would just randomly nuke us is totally absurd. It would not happen and the false possibility of it happening is being used to get us to once again pre-emptively strike a country. And somehow we will believe we are justified in starting yet another war.
    you can keep saying Kim is not a threat to us and you will always be right, until he attacks us and then you will be wrong. I dont feel good about waiting for you to be wrong.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
      you can keep saying Kim is not a threat to us and you will always be right, until he attacks us and then you will be wrong. I dont feel good about waiting for you to be wrong.
      There are three basic scenarios possible here.

1. North Korea attacks us first and we go to war.
      2. We attack North Korea first and we go to war.
      3. We don't attack first, and neither does North Korea, so we don't go to war.

You are afraid of option 1, which will cost us lives and money, and lead to war, so you want to take option 2, which will cost us lives and money and lead to war. Option 3 is the only logical choice we have. It is the only choice that prevents war and suffering. It is extremely likely that if we don't attack them, they won't attack us. It is absurd to think that they would launch a nuclear missile toward us just for shits and giggles, unless you think the entire regime is hell bent on committing suicide. They are not developing nukes to attack us, they are developing nukes to prevent us from attacking them. This is not Hitler's Germany. There can be no Hitler's Germany in a world where multiple countries have nukes. No one is going to try to destroy or take over America, at least not with military might. If.when we get brought down, it will be through subtler means, like espionage, sabotage, cyber-warfare, etc, and North Korea is far down the threat list for stuff like that.

BTW, if you think that North Korea is willing to bring out nukes in a military conflict, then you must know he has them now and could use them on South Korea in a conflict. You are saying in attacking him now, "better they get nuked for certain now than us maybe getting nuked in the future."
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-12-2017, 01:00 PM.

Comment

There are three basic scenarios possible here.

1. North Korea attacks us first and we go to war.
        2. We attack North Korea first and we go to war.
        3. We don't attack first, and neither does North Korea, so we don't go to war.

You are afraid of option 1, which will cost us lives and money, and lead to war, so you want to take option 2, which will cost us lives and money and lead to war. Option 3 is the only logical choice we have. It is the only choice that prevents war and suffering. It is extremely likely that if we don't attack them, they won't attack us. It is absurd to think that they would launch a nuclear missile toward us just for shits and giggles, unless you think the entire regime is hell bent on committing suicide. They are not developing nukes to attack us, they are developing nukes to prevent us from attacking them. This is not Hitler's Germany. There can be no Hitler's Germany in a world where multiple countries have nukes. No one is going to try to destroy or take over America, at least not with military might. If.when we get brought down, it will be through subtler means, like espionage, sabotage, cyber-warfare, etc, and North Korea is far down the threat list for stuff like that.

BTW, if you think that North Korea is willing to bring out nukes in a military conflict, then you must know he has them now and could use them on South Korea in a conflict. You are saying in attacking him now, "better they get nuked for certain now than us maybe getting nuked in the future."
        Never said I wanted to go to war.

I can admit that I dont know of any good options. But I do know that I dont want Kim to have the ability to nuke us.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• I dont believe anyone is advocating dropping a nuke on NK or anyone for that matter.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• I know this wont happen, but if I were prez, I'd meet/call Obama, Bush, and both Clintons just to get their thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
              I dont believe anyone is advocating dropping a nuke on NK or anyone for that matter.
              i never suggested you are anyone said that. Of course, we would not do that. We would be outcasts in the international community. Using nukes is a big taboo. But that would not stop N. Korea from using them on S. Korea if we force their hand. Cornered rat and all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                Never said I wanted to go to war.

I can admit that I dont know of any good options. But I do know that I dont want Kim to have the ability to nuke us.
                I know you don't want to go to war, but I get the sense that you and many others see it as the only way of stopping N. Korea from getting long range missiles, which you fear they would use on us without provocation.

Comment

I know you don't want to go to war, but I get the sense that you and many others see it as the only way of stopping N. Korea from getting long range missiles, which you fear they would use on us without provocation.
                  Some people are crazy. I'd trust you and BG with nukes. I wouldnt trust GITH with them. Make sense?

I'd very much prefer a diplomatic solution but didnt we try that for 8 years of O?

Comment

i never suggested you are anyone said that. Of course, we would not do that. We would be outcasts in the international community. Using nukes is a big taboo. But that would not stop N. Korea from using them on S. Korea if we force their hand. Cornered rat and all that.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

I think you seemed to imply that we are thinking that we want them nuked before he nukes us.....

I dont!
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I think you seemed to imply that we are thinking that we want them nuked before he nukes us.....

I dont!
                      I did not mean imply that, but perhaps I could have been clear. I meant that if we attack North Korea, and they know their end is inevitable, they may--and to be clear, that is the ONLY way I see them EVER using nukes--at that point, unleash nukes on South Korea. The "they" in my quotes referred to South Korea, not North Korea. Us attacking North Korea means we are okay with the strong possibility it will mean S. Korea gets nuked, rather than the very remote possibility we might get nuked in the future.
                      Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-12-2017, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• My apologies if I read that wrong.

I would like to find some type of diplomatic option here, but again what do we get out of the deal? Is not being the bully a big enough prize?

Comment

My apologies if I read that wrong.

I would like to find some type of diplomatic option here, but again what do we get out of the deal? Is not being the bully a big enough prize?
                          Since everyone seems to think we are getting nuked, maybe not getting nuked would be something we could get out of the deal. Just a thought.
                          --------------------------------------
                          You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

My apologies if I read that wrong.

We get not condemning thousands to die. We get not costing us trillions of dollars. We get not further destablizing any already unstable world, creating more enemies to attack us in the only way enemies can when they are flies and we are a bear--through terrorism and small attacks from rogue elements. That is our new enemy, not actual states. We should worry more about those attacks than nuclear strikes. They are a more real threat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve
                              Just when I was re-considering my decision to come back, Mandy says something awesome!
                              Mandy's no dummy.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve
                                Just when I was re-considering my decision to come back, Mandy says something awesome!
                                I'm glad Mandy saved the day. The world needs more Steve in it, not less! Every time I see your otter icon, it makes me smile.

Comment

Working...
                                X