This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by President Donald J. Chump View Post
    I challenge anyone in the world to an IQ test! Even an Asian!
    I think the correct term is chinaman president chump

Comment

• Originally posted by President Donald J. Chump View Post
      I challenge anyone in the world to an IQ test! Even an Asian!
      because my IQ is huge, just huge. The largest IQ anyone has ever measured. So huge the people couldn't even measure it. And they are really smart people. Really, really smart people. And those really really smart people couldn't measure how incredibly huge my IQ was since it was the hugest they have ever seen. Just incredibly huge.

Comment

• I couldn't possibly consider Liddle' Bob Corker for Secretary of State because he was just too liddle. Countries wouldn't respect us, like they do greatly with Trump as President, if we had Shorty McShorty as a cabinet member. So I'm telling them all now that the reason why I didn't choose him, even though he would have been great, was because he was just too liddle. No other reason.

That's also why there are no Hispanics or Asians in the cabinet either.

#makeamericatallagain
        Last edited by President Donald J. Chump; 10-10-2017, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• I've maintained for a long time that Trump's election is about as vile as anything I could have imagined possible. But one thing I didn't think he was really capable of is bringing us into a another war. I thought he was an isolationist who was all bluster, and his previous criticisms of GOP war-mongering gave me hope that, at least on this issue, Trump wouldn't be the worst possible person to have in charge.

His most recent vague threats about N. Korea have concerned me, however. And this report, which indicates his disturbing lack of knowledge about how devastating our current nuclear arsenal is, and the lack of knowledge of how damaging and dangerous our nuclear arms race was, is just more evidence of how incredibly dumb we were as a country to elect someone so utterly clueless, unprepared, and incompetent to the POTUS position: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...YSc?li=BBnbcA1

He wanted to increase our nuclear weapons cash tenfold, before adults in the room had to point out how impractical and dangerous that would be. We already have over 4000 nuclear warheads, and he saw that number and said, I want 10 times that! For f*cks sake. BTW, this is allegedly the meeting that prompted Tillerson to call Trump a moron, which is like saying water is wet, but still newsworthy, I guess. Thank goodness some rational minds were in the room to explain to him our treaties on this issue, and how dumb it would be to pursue this course of action.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 10-11-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• from that article ...

... the advisers decided to continue the discussion at the Pentagon the next day in a smaller setting where the president could perhaps be more focused. “It wasn’t just the number of people. It was the idea of focus,” according to one person familiar with the discussion. The thinking was: “Maybe we need to slow down a little and explain the whole world” from a big-picture perspective, this person said
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/918112884630093825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• PLEASE - Someone take his twitter away.......... or keep him off it..
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  from that article ...
                  I mean, doesn't information like that just chill you to the bone?! How the hell did we end up with this person holding the highest office in our land?! Is this really the best we as a country has to offer?! Almost every day I wonder how this guy ended up our president and wish it were a bad dream.

Trump reminds me of that frightening child from the Twilight Zone episode--the kid who did horrible things and no one in the town could say boo about it, because he'd turn them inside out or something. Trump is surrounded by people who have to guide him away from decisions that could ruin us. He isn't only a divisive, narcissistic showman. He is a dangerous person with tremendous power. He is capable of as much harm as we will allow him to commit. It is scary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    I mean, doesn't information like that just chill you to the bone?! How the hell did we end up with this person holding the highest office in our land?! Is this really the best we as a country has to offer?! Almost every day I wonder how this guy ended up our president and wish it were a bad dream.

Trump reminds me of that frightening child from the Twilight Zone episode--the kid who did horrible things and no one in the town could say boo about it, because he'd turn them inside out or something. Trump is surrounded by people who have to guide him away from decisions that could ruin us. He isn't only a divisive, narcissistic showman. He is a dangerous person with tremendous power. He is capable of as much harm as we will allow him to commit. It is scary.
                    go back to the election cycle, there were a lot of people (not just on RJ) who's position was that DC/government is broken & the whole thing needed to be burned down ... well, I guess this is what that looks like.

I remember an exchange where some people were saying that burning things down will result in a lot of people dying ... and others claiming that were okay with that.

edit: that exchange might have been on another board (not RJ), but the sentiment remains the same.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      go back to the election cycle, there were a lot of people (not just on RJ) who's position was that DC/government is broken & the whole thing needed to be burned down ... well, I guess this is what that looks like.

I remember an exchange where some people were saying that burning things down will result in a lot of people dying ... and others claiming that were okay with that.

edit: that exchange might have been on another board (not RJ), but the sentiment remains the same.
                      Yeah, I was infuriated by that general position from Hodor. I don't recall anyone else taking that stance, but he was certainly vocal about this position. It was especially frustrating for me to see that play out with some of Sanders' most ardent supporters, because I saw the exact same thing play out with peers back with Bush/Gore. I personally knew about a dozen people (grad students at the time) who voted for Nader to teach the dems a lesson. We got a multi-trillion dollar war out of that decision. I pray we don't end up with another one now.

As of this moment, not bringing us into a war is about the ONLY thing Trump has on Bush. Bush's Iraq position was devastatingly wrong, but I think it came from a sincere desire to do the right thing, influenced by warhawks like Cheney and Rumsfeld. Bush struck me as a decent, earnest person, despite his many other shortcomings, and much of the worst of his presidency seemed to come from negative influences around him. There were at least some redeeming qualities to him and his presidency. I see nothing good about Trump, and the one horrible thing I thought he might not do--start a war--I'm beginning to worry he will do. Hell, he might do it simply to improve his chances of re-election, as we have shown we don't like changing leaders while we are at war.

Comment

• I dont recall anyone advocated people dying in the process of "burning things down". Neither party has clean hands relative to war or military action. Obama was pretty big on the drone strike. I have no doubt that HRC would have been pretty hawkish also. Sanders would likely been less inclined towards being that way, but as we all know he wasnt given a real chance.
                        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                          I dont recall anyone advocated people dying in the process of "burning things down". Neither party has clean hands relative to war or military action. Obama was pretty big on the drone strike. I have no doubt that HRC would have been pretty hawkish also. Sanders would likely been less inclined towards being that way, but as we all know he wasnt given a real chance.
                          I would say "pretty big on the drone strike" does not equal "iraq war and rebuilding". one of these things is much less than the other and both of them are less than a possible korean war.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

And yet millions still believe that he is doing a great job and support his every decision.
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lurker765 View Post
                              I would say "pretty big on the drone strike" does not equal "iraq war and rebuilding". one of these things is much less than the other and both of them are less than a possible korean war.
                              According to this report Obama used drone strikes 10 times more than Bush:

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.co...ikes-than-bush
                              "There were ten times more air strikes in the covert war on terror during President Barack Obama’s presidency than under his predecessor, George W. Bush."

So Obamas war was one that did not include boots on the ground. No boots on the ground - fewer real person stories - much less press. Neither party has clean hands in the business of war.

The guy I voted for likely would not have been hawkish - as he didnt believe that the US should be the police for the world.

Comment

• what would you guys do about NK?
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X