This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMT -
    I just honestly thought I saw something in the last day where Trump was meeting with more Dems in order to try and get them to facilitate getting this cleaned up. You know those pesky executive orders can cause plenty of problems in all sorts of ways.

Must not be fake news http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/13/politi...ump/index.html

I guess this thread is only for beating the guy up ---- sorry if I havent jumped in on the bandwagon of beating the dead horse with a huge stick thread. You guys do a good enough job without me adding to it. It seems bringing up a subject for discussion isnt worth it, because I dont beat the dead horse as much as you all.

For the record, if we can figure out how to untangle this mess lets do it. There are plenty of good kids that are here because their parents brought them here. If they want a pathway to citizenship - then figure it out.

As to the statement that I wouldnt condemn Nazi's.... This is patently false and your an ass for implying that I am sympathetic to any type of "white power" organization!

NAZI's are assholes and I never refused to condemn them. I just hold people from both sides of the aisle to the same standard. Kind of like how the DHS considers both the KKK and Antifa as domestic terror organizations. Hey if you choose to only look at one side of the coin - thats fine. Just dont lump me in with the KKK or Nazi's - I have no time for their bullshit as I do for Antifa's.

I want to live in a nation where people are not judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. Some guy named Martin Luther King said something pretty similar. It sounded good, so I thought I would copy it. Seems way better than treating whole groups of people one way based upon how some other idiot acts.

Have a great day my old friends.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• BG, for the record, 'him' in my comment was Trump as he is the one who refused to condemn Nazis. And I seem to recall you getting nauseous because I was unwilling to lump Antifa in with Nazis. Now, I can fully understand not supporting Antifa for their methods, but they're not even in the same ballpark as the Nazis and equivocating the two groups just emboldens the Nazis IMO by saying 'see, both sides are wrong'. You know who else used violence to oppose Nazis? American WWII Veterans. And no, I'm not saying Antifa should be held in the same regard as WWII Vets, but they're a hell of a lot closer to the Vets than they are to the Nazis.

As for crediting Trump for doing something good, I'll wait until he actually does. Until, then, fuck him...and the Nazis he empowers.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• With all the destructive hurricanes -- which, by the way, were really much smaller than those in the 1930s, OK, and were absolutely not caused by climate change, which is a Chinese hoax, OK -- all that's going on in North Korea, the fact there were many, many, many bad people on both sides in Charlottesville -- where, by the way, I own the nation's largest winery -- and an attack in London today by loser terrorists, the biggest problem facing us is a so-called reporter on loser ESPN, who puts on boring sports and has lost millions and millions of subscribers, hurt my feelings and I'm shutting down the government until they fire her. Apologize!

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          BG, for the record, 'him' in my comment was Trump as he is the one who refused to condemn Nazis. And I seem to recall you getting nauseous because I was unwilling to lump Antifa in with Nazis. Now, I can fully understand not supporting Antifa for their methods, but they're not even in the same ballpark as the Nazis and equivocating the two groups just emboldens the Nazis IMO by saying 'see, both sides are wrong'. You know who else used violence to oppose Nazis? American WWII Veterans. And no, I'm not saying Antifa should be held in the same regard as WWII Vets, but they're a hell of a lot closer to the Vets than they are to the Nazis.

As for crediting Trump for doing something good, I'll wait until he actually does. Until, then, fuck him...and the Nazis he empowers.
          This.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Yes, the President of the United States re-tweeted a meme of him hitting Hillary Clinton with a golf ball, which was originally posted by someone named "fuctupmind."

Thank you, Donald Drumpf, for making the United States the laughingstock of the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Yes, the President of the United States re-tweeted a meme of him hitting Hillary Clinton with a golf ball, which was originally posted by someone named "fuctupmind."

Thank you, Donald Drumpf, for making the United States the laughingstock of the world.
              Well, think about it. Trump lives to celebrate 'wins'. Against whom can he claim a win during the last year? Even with the general election win over HRC he has felt the need to embellish, calling it one of the greatest Electoral College wins ever, when it was clearly not, and claiming he would have won the popular vote total if not for illegal votes cast.

He is fixated on her, and will probably remain that way unless and until he finds someone new to gloat over. Given his progress thus far, this doesn't seem likely to happen soon.
              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• well, based on this speech to the UN, if you planned on buying up some stocks in the US military better rush, they'll be climbing fast.

edit: the US delegation to the UN is looking particularly enthusiastic with its president addressing the UN!

Last edited by TranaGreg; 09-19-2017, 09:48 AM.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Trump's willingness to engage in brinkmanship on multiple fronts at the same time is scary, and I think potentially dilutes the effectiveness of his over-the-top rhetoric for each case. If he didn't have such a history of hyperbolic bluster, I'd have some hope that he very tough talk might prove somewhat effective with North Korea, but I fear that they might think he is engaging in the same verbal games they do, and things may continue to escalate. It also is very concerning to me that he used language similar to what they use in referring to us, stating that we would "totally destroy North Korea." When you make such proclamations, you must be very careful not to sound like the evil threat the other side makes you out to be. A benevolent super power, which is what we project ourselves to be, does not engage in war to "totally destroy" a country. He should have emphasized that the greatest victims of Kim Jun Un's dictatorship are his own people, and that a war would be with the government and not the people of North Korea. But more so than any other country on the planet, the people of N. Korea are isolated and brainwashed, so it probably would not have mattered. Still, I have no doubt that the state-run media of North Korea will run that speech, where Trump threatens to destroy them all, time and time again as a way to solidify Un's support and control--fear of utter destruction is about the only thing he can use to make his people overlook the hunger and oppression of their day-to-day lives.
                  Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-19-2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    well, based on this speech to the UN, if you planned on buying up some stocks in the US military better rush, they'll be climbing fast.
                    I bought Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, and the iShares Aerospace Defense ETF a few months back. Go Drumpf go!

Comment

• Anyone want to guess the chances of the Graham-Cassidy health care passing? Looks like it is gaining alot of steam but like all the others it will take away health care from millions, crush planned parenthood, etc. Very few (1 or 2?) Republican Senators seem inclined to let the process play out, actually get a CBO score, have any real conversations on it and do things like they should (shocking, I know!).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Anyone want to guess the chances of the Graham-Cassidy health care passing? Looks like it is gaining alot of steam but like all the others it will take away health care from millions, crush planned parenthood, etc. Very few (1 or 2?) Republican Senators seem inclined to let the process play out, actually get a CBO score, have any real conversations on it and do things like they should (shocking, I know!).
                        I'd guess it's about a 20% chance to pass. Rand Paul has already said he's voting no, so they can only lose one more. I don't think 2 of the three no votes last time (Collins, Murkowski, McCain) will be swayed by latest effort, but who knows. McCain gave himself an out once AZ Governor Douche voiced his support.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          I'd guess it's about a 20% chance to pass. Rand Paul has already said he's voting no, so they can only lose one more. I don't think 2 of the three no votes last time (Collins, Murkowski, McCain) will be swayed by latest effort, but who knows. McCain gave himself an out once AZ Governor Douche voiced his support.
                          Thanks DMT! More Republican Governors are coming out against it, Insurers are coming out against it strongly and Obama spoke about it today. But unfortunately some senators believe it is more important to uphold a campaign promise as opposed to the health of their constituents (http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...6d8d2a22a1a049) so it's still alive and looking like a vote will happen next week.

Comment

• I'm President and Stephen Curry is not! Wahhhhh!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/911572182060453893">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                            Last edited by President Donald J. Chump; 09-23-2017, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by President Donald J. Chump View Post
                              I'm President and Stephen Curry is not! Wahhhhh!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team.Stephen Curry is hesitating,therefore invitation is withdrawn!</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/911572182060453893">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>
                              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                              LOL...Curry didn't hesitate at all, he was very clear in his intentions, and the statement that he wanted to make.

“My views haven’t changed at all. I don’t know if anybody’s changed. But that’s where I stand right now,” Curry said on Friday during the Warriors’ media day at their practice facility. “I don’t want to go. That’s my nucleus of my belief.”

Curry provided plenty of thoughts, though, on why he will voice his objections about visiting the White House.

“Basically the things he said and the things he hasn’t said at the right times, we won’t stand for it,” Curry said. “By acting and not going, hopefully that will inspire some change when it comes to what we tolerate in this country and what’s accepted and what we turn a blind eye to.”

Curry then brought up former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick kneeling during the national anthem as a way to protest police brutality toward minorities. Curry also mentioned Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett, who said he experienced racial profiling in Las Vegas following the Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor fight after having a gun drawn on him.

“We’re trying to do what we can using our platform and using our opportunities to shed light on that,” Curry said. “That’s where I stand on it. I don’t think us not going to the White House will miraculously make everything better. But that’s my opportunity to voice that.”
                              The decision seemed fairly obvious in Stephen Curry’s mind, as the Warriors’ star player has remained vocally critical over President Trump regarding his policies and his rhetoric.

And then the Idiot in Chief basically told the NFL owners to disregard the 1st amendment, AND mocked efforts to make the game safer.

Regarding anthem protests, Trump said: “Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now, out, he’s fired. He’s FIRED!’ You know, some owner is gonna do that. He’s gonna say, ‘That guy disrespects our flag; he’s fired.’ And that owner, they don’t know it. They don’t know it. They’re friends of mine, many of them. They don’t know it. They’ll be the most popular person, for a week. They’ll be the most popular person in this country.”

Regarding his nostalgia for the dangerous hits that college and pro football have been trying to take out of the game, Trump said: “Today if you hit too hard—15 yards! Throw him out of the game! They had that last week. I watched for a couple of minutes. Two guys, just really, beautiful tackle. Boom, 15 yards! The referee gets on television—his wife is sitting at home, she’s so proud of him. They’re ruining the game! They’re ruining the game. That’s what they want to do. They want to hit. They want to hit! It is hurting the game.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I always say - when he says anything it is always to advance the Trump brand

these battles against the warriors and the NFL dont seem consistent with his normal slant - something seems even more amiss than his "normal" - and that is especially disconcerting.

He did however go to a rally of supporters in Alabama last night and that got him fired up - rally, supporters, Alabama UGH
                                Last edited by swampdragon; 09-23-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X