This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great speech I gave tonight!
    #Make the People That Voted for Me Great Again!

Comment

• Was hoping to read some outrage about Trump committing us to more troops in Afghanistan for an indeterminate time. In a year of bad decisions, this is the worst IMO, but I guess others feel differently. Seems like a bigger issue than some of the other things I see posted about him, but I guess we've become numb to this stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
        Was hoping to read some outrage about Trump committing us to more troops in Afghanistan for an indeterminate time. In a year of bad decisions, this is the worst IMO, but I guess others feel differently. Seems like a bigger issue than some of the other things I see posted about him, but I guess we've become numb to this stuff.
        Numbness is definitely something that everyone is dealing with, myself included ... every day there's another outrage, another crisis ... it's hard to tell when something happens that really matters. Up here we've been inundated with articles & editorial re: Trump's threat to just cancel nafta, & what that would mean.

But having said that, I too was expecting more concern about this, but I guess, like everything else, it's political: in the past the ones calling the loudest for getting out of Afghanistan were on the right; now they're supporting the POTUS so they're relatively quiet; the left generally supported intervention, so they can't really complain too loudly either ... so I'm not sure where the outrage would come from.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Well, he's at it again...for no apparent reason, he just pardoned Joe Arpaio from Arizona, who was convicted of criminal contempt for ignoring the orders of a Judge (a fine example for a law enforcement official). The interesting thing is that Arpaio hadn't even been sentenced yet...leads one to imagine what he'll do with his pardon powers if/when the Russian investigation moves into the criminal stage. AND, Trump didn't even have the balls to do it when he was in Phoenix...a Chicken Hawk indeed.

He also issued some more executive orders that will cut into National Parks protection, and signed a directive ordering the Pentagon to ban Transgender recruits.

Solid day for the President...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            He also issued some more executive orders that will cut into National Parks protection, and signed a directive ordering the Pentagon to ban Transgender recruits.

Solid day for the President...
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• It's like he feeds on negative press and he was upset the hurricane was getting more of it today, so he decided to throw as much out there as possible today to get back on top of the hate-watch list.

Comment

• North Korea fires a missile OVER Japan, WaPo reports that Trump lawyer was in direct contact with a Kremlin official regarding a Moscow Trump Tower, which Trump had previously denied. And on the lighter side...

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump Aug 27

HISTORIC rainfall in Houston, and all over Texas. Floods are unprecedented, and more rain coming. Spirit of the people is incredible.Thanks!
                Megan Amram‏ @meganamram Aug 27

2016: Trump is playing the long game, he will rise to the level of the office if he wins the election

2017: okay he just thanked a hurricane

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• And of course Trump can't admit he was wrong to roll back Obama's flood regulations, which would ensure any money spent know to rebuild would go to structures able to withstand future damage (ensure might be a strong word, given how our weather patterns have gotten more and more extreme as global climate change gets worse--the top is wobbling pretty hard now). His admin defends doing away with such regualtions, which he did Aug 15th: http://www.newsweek.com/trump-revoke...y-texas-656050

This despite the fact that many climate scientists say things are likely to continue to get more extreme, and that terms like 100 year storms have no meaning any more. And despite the fact that even fiscal conservatives have called the rollback of building regulations foolish, as all it will accomplish long term is much more waste and expenditures as we will have to rebuild yet again structures not properly built to withstand flood damage.

I know regulations can be annoying, and many times they slow things down and are not implemented efficiently, but the solution is to make them more effective, not do away with them.

Comment

• Trump uses Houston as a stage to attack the media...again. uses Houston and the people of Texas as a stage to sell the hat he was wearing. Profits NOT to Hurricane relief, but instead to his 2020 campaign fund.

And oh yeah, North Korea sets off what appears to be a Hydrogen Bomb test, trump responds by saying all options are on the table, but then blames SOUTH Korea for not being forceful enough with their northern cousins. Also tells SK that he wants to renegotiate trade deal with them...good time to piss off your strategic partner in an unstable region.

Every day this guy sinks further and further away from reality...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      I know regulations can be annoying, and many times they slow things down and are not implemented efficiently, but the solution is to make them more effective, not do away with them.
                      Not when all you care about is rich white men getting a bigger piece of the pie.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I've decided that I no longer want a new wall, but I will renovate the old wall. And to go along with this, we will have a new show on HGTV called "The Wall: Flip or Flop." Ratings!

Comment

• I thought I read somewhere that Trump was working with Dems to get DACA figured out....
                          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                            I thought I read somewhere that Trump was working with Dems to get DACA figured out....
                            yep then nope - just look for info from the white house on Wednesday - then different info on Thursday or info from week before or that other time or the other time

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                              yep then nope - just look for info from the white house on Wednesday - then different info on Thursday or info from week before or that other time or the other time
                              BG gives him the benefit of the doubt, like when he refused to condemn the Nazis because both sides were committing violence. Sorry, not gonna let that pass.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                BG gives him the benefit of the doubt, like when he refused to condemn the Nazis because both sides were committing violence. Sorry, not gonna let that pass.
                                I dont either

Comment

Working...
                                X