• Show
Clear All

• he can't stop talking and offending

Tuesday
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/15/read...onference.html

Thursday
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/17/u...=top-news&_r=0

Comment

• GOP senators turning their backs on Trump (finally). Sen. Corker publicly questioned his competence and Sen. Scott says he has no moral authority.

At what point does the entire GOP just say, let's get him out and we'll be better off with Pence?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        GOP senators turning their backs on Trump (finally). Sen. Corker publicly questioned his competence and Sen. Scott says he has no moral authority.

At what point does the entire GOP just say, let's get him out and we'll be better off with Pence?
        When his poll numbers endanger them and not a second sooner.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          I agree 100%. But what point is that? His approval rating sits at 34%, the lowest level for a president during his first summer in office. I think if they oust him before the '18 midterms, the GOP may stand a good chance of retaining their advantages. I can't see how he helps them at all.

Comment

GOP senators turning their backs on Trump (finally). Sen. Corker publicly questioned his competence and Sen. Scott says he has no moral authority.

Trust me, you do NOT want Pence in office, he's just a slicker version of Trump. Check out his record while Governor of Indiana...it ain't pretty.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Trust me, you do NOT want Pence in office, he's just a slicker version of Trump. Check out his record while Governor of Indiana...it ain't pretty.
              I agree but I dont want Trump more (I think)

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                I agree but I dont want Trump more (I think)
                Yeah, Evil or eviler! I'll take evil! Plus, we have no choice! Pence or bust!

Comment

Yeah, Evil or eviler! I'll take evil! Plus, we have no choice! Pence or bust!
                  Can't agree...people might look at the boring administration that Pence would run as a welcome thing. But he's going to do exactly what Trump was doing, gutting the EPA, denying climate change, rolling back rights as much as he can. And because he'd look like a saint compared to Trump, I think that people would get complacent again and forget what the GOP was doing before Trump got where he is now.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Pence is potentially more dangerous as he would actually get awful stuff passed through and he has a record of doing some awful stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      Pence is potentially more dangerous as he would actually get awful stuff passed through and he has a record of doing some awful stuff.
                      Hopefully he doesn't get in before the Dems take back the House. But getting the nuclear codes out of Trump's control is in the best interest of humanity.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• In my fever nightmare, it turns out that Pence is the evil Svengali behind the whole Russian hack, and that Trump is his puppet. Trump winds up the fall guy because of all of his corrupt business dealings with Putin's cronies. Trump resigns, declaring victory over fake news, and Pence takes over. Then I wake up screaming "Nooo!!" into the darkness.

Of course, Pence may not escape this too easily. His claims of no knowledge regarding Mike Flynn only hold up against Fox-style questioning. It seems to me he is hoping to run out the Trump clock without screwing himself even worse...don't say crazy Trump stuff, but back him up enough to satisfy the base.

I never thought I would say this, but President Paul Ryan doesn't sound that bad right now.
                        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          <iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hnpILIIo9ek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Bannon canned

Comment

Bannon canned
                              well, he did last 11 scaramucchis.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Alan Dershowitz

I'm expecting to see Alan Dershowitz formally join the Trump legal team any day now, based upon his most recent comments.
                                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Working...
                                X