This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    Spartacus wanted universal healthcare....
    LOL. I tip my hat to you sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      How did I ever convey that? To consider someone who actively engage in actions that target the US a threat is vastly different that just saying, we don;t like what you do so therefore you're a threat.

I also believe you're contradicting yourself.

WE are trying to remove Assad BECAUSE he's a threat and the Russians are keeping him in power, thus they are supporting a threat to US.
      If GITH were still around he'd be absolutely horrified that Trump is giving in to the Russians and letting Assad continue to threaten us. I find the "news" on this to be pretty disturbing...are we supposed to continue to support a civil war that has had horrific impacts on the people of Syria just so that we can show Russia who is boss ? Curious what others think about this.

The CIA program to train and arm moderate rebels was never going to tip the balance in Syria’s civil war. At best, it was a lifeline to a shrinking constituency.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        If GITH were still around he'd be absolutely horrified that Trump is giving in to the Russians and letting Assad continue to threaten us. I find the "news" on this to be pretty disturbing...are we supposed to continue to support a civil war that has had horrific impacts on the people of Syria just so that we can show Russia who is boss ? Curious what others think about this.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/20/politi...rogram-russia/
        it's what he does....he capitulates to Russia at their whim. Although to be fair, Obama took a lot of heat when he instituted the program, and it never was very effective. But the point remains that he is, and will remain, Putin's puppet.

On another note, Trump is already beginning the cover-up. The WaPo has a breaking story:

Trump lawyers exploring pardoning powers and ways to undercut the Russia investigation, people familiar with the effort say

With special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s Russia investigation continuing to widen, President Trump’s lawyers are working to both corral the probe and question the propriety of his work. They are actively building a case against what they believe to be Mueller’s conflicts of interest and are discussing the president’s authority to grant pardons. Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one person.
        Remember, it's almost never the actual crime, it's the coverup...Watergate was "a 2 bit break-in", but the coverup took down an administration.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          it's what he does....he capitulates to Russia at their whim. Although to be fair, Obama took a lot of heat when he instituted the program, and it never was very effective. But the point remains that he is, and will remain, Putin's puppet.

So you think we should continue to fund rebels and try to unseat Assad ? Or is this just an good opportunity to take another shot at Trump and promote the Russian puppet theory ?
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            I know both parties blow. But the GOP blows so much more..so so much more...so so so much more.
            Keep repeating it. Eventually, you might believe it. By then, it might even be true.

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Remember, it's almost never the actual crime, it's the coverup...Watergate was "a 2 bit break-in", but the coverup took down an administration.
            Except if your name is Clinton. Then it's both, but you skate anyway.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              So you think we should continue to fund rebels and try to unseat Assad ? Or is this just an good opportunity to take another shot at Trump and promote the Russian puppet theory ?
              I think that with each passing day, the "theory" of Trump being a Russian puppet becomes a little more reality. You don't discuss pardoning your family, staff, and possibly yourself, without some knowledge that they'll eventually find that smoking gun. And why not just let the program drift away into nothingness, like so many covert activities have?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Keep repeating it. Eventually, you might believe it. By then, it might even be true.

Except if your name is Clinton. Then it's both, but you skate anyway.

J
                You are the greatest troll in the history of the Internet!
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Spicey, we hardly knew ye!
                  If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                    Spicey, we hardly knew ye!
                    Not piquant enough. Nor as meaty as Fleischer.

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Thanks, but I've encountered Doig. I know better.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      Thanks, but I've encountered Doig. I know better.

J
                      Can we all at least agree Onejay is the greatest Active troll ?
                      --------------------------------------
                      You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
                        Oh yeah, OJ is undoubtedly the Troll King at this point.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          Oh yeah, OJ is undoubtedly the Troll King at this point.
                          But GITH had the projection onto others going (a la Trump) which definitely made him particularly effective.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            But GITH had the projection onto others going (a la Trump) which definitely made him particularly effective.
                            Yes, he was the lone voice of morality in a sea of ethically inferior beings. The superciliousness has gone down a lot around here lately. I miss it.

Quick, someone tell me that I morally compromised myself by supporting Trump's opponent in the general, and that Trump's election was not the fault of die hard Sanders' supporters who would not follow Sanders' lead in backing HRC against the worse alternative, but those weak willed souls who accepted the corrupt system as is, without the courage to stand up for righteousness, even if it means watching the world burn. That courage will lead to a new Eden rising from the ashes! You're welcome world!

All that was missing from his parting speech was a request from a higher power to forgive us, for we knew now what we do. I await his inevitable resurrection.
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-22-2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Ahhh, I still have a soft spot for Doig...we had our up and downs, and our battles too. But in the end, he was truly a passionate believer in what he said. Some days he'd get all discombobulated and screw himself into the ground, and other days, he'd be spot on. I do wish that he'd reconsider and come back...the place is missing a lot of spark without him, IMO.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
                                Some are born to greatness. Some have it thrust upon them. I have to understudy an actor. It says more about the level of activity than anything else.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X