This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Legalize. We can deal with the impact on healthcare as part of the bigger disaster that is ACA.

J
    I have not problem with the legalization of marijuana and other drugs. Taking the mystique of it away may actually help us. Also, the tax money gained could be applied as the states see fit.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
      I have not problem with the legalization of marijuana and other drugs. Taking the mystique of it away may actually help us. Also, the tax money gained could be applied as the states see fit.
      The impact on the healthcare system is substantial. Taxes should go in that direction. Offsetting is the impact on law enforcement. Drugs are behind the majority of violent crime, particularly street violence.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Dude. Get a grip. If Trump Jr. is the big news, they got nada.

A Limbaughism is going around today. It's subtle, but there is a point. In Washington everything gets run through a standard binary filter. It's Democrat/Republican (or Liberal/Conservative) because that is the way things are set up. Usually, this is workable. However, there is a new dichotomy at play--Trump/Beltway Bureaucracy. It tends to express as Trump vs Democrats, but sometimes you can roll about half the Republicans in as well. If you look for the signs, meaning not the 24/7 Russia coverage, the administrations war on the Agency/Administration culture is hot.

Check the EPA, for example. Climate science is effectively disavowed. Climate scientists have been removed. Any rules to regulate carbon dioxide or methane are under review. Rules governing the reach of the Agency are being revised down. The budget was submitted with a 31% cut. Similar things are occurring in Education, Justice, HUD, State, and Interior.

Legalize. We can deal with the impact on healthcare as part of the bigger disaster that is ACA.

J
        You and Rush are seriously behind the curve. For at least five months Bannon has been talking about deconstruction of the administrative state, and what is going on at the EPA and the State Department are Exhibits "A" and "B". The sad thing is that by attempting to destroy the infrastructure of government, Bannon is undermining the rule of law. His reputation as a Leninist is proving to be more than a rumor.

This is even more of an issue during the term of a rogue executive who feels no constitutional restraints and is without regard for our system of checks and balances.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Dude. Get a grip. If Trump Jr. is the big news, they got nada.

J
          There will be criminal charges.

Ultimately, nobody will go to jail except, perhaps, Mike Flynn.

There will be pardons.

Trump Jr. will be among those pardoned.

Manafort will leave the country, never to return.

Ivanka will leave Kusher to seek solace in the arms of a simple country lawyer from Arkansas, who will firmly, but gently, reject her due to the fact that he is happily married.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
            You and Rush are seriously behind the curve. For at least five months Bannon has been talking about deconstruction of the administrative state, and what is going on at the EPA and the State Department are Exhibits "A" and "B". The sad thing is that by attempting to destroy the infrastructure of government, Bannon is undermining the rule of law. His reputation as a Leninist is proving to be more than a rumor.

This is even more of an issue during the term of a rogue executive who feels no constitutional restraints and is without regard for our system of checks and balances.
            Don't worry Obama's shade government is ready to step in.
            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
              Don't worry Obama's shade government is ready to step in.
              He's been following Trump around from what I hear..... LOL
              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Is it too early for Hillary to start chanting Lock him up?

Comment

There will be criminal charges.

There will be pardons.

Trump Jr. will be among those pardoned.

Manafort will leave the country, never to return.

Ivanka will leave Kusher to seek solace in the arms of a simple country lawyer from Arkansas, who will firmly, but gently, reject her due to the fact that he is happily married.
                  classic.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Hey onejay, can you help me with this? I just read this interview with Trump and I don't know what I should take literally vs figuratively. Can you break it down for me? TIA.

On the border wall:

Q You were joking about solar, right?

THE PRESIDENT: No, not joking, no. There is a chance that we can do a solar wall. We have major companies looking at that. Look, there’s no better place for solar than the Mexico border — the southern border. And there is a very good chance we can do a solar wall, which would actually look good. But there is a very good chance we could do a solar wall.

One of the things with the wall is you need transparency. You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can’t see through that wall — so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what’s on the other side of the wall.

And I’ll give you an example. As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don’t see them — they hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It’s over. As crazy as that sounds, you need transparency through that wall. But we have some incredible designs.

But we are seriously looking at a solar wall. And remember this, it’s a 2,000 mile border, but you don’t need 2,000 miles of wall because you have a lot of natural barriers. You have mountains. You have some rivers that are violent and vicious. You have some areas that are so far away that you don’t really have people crossing. So you don’t need that. But you’ll need anywhere from 700 to 900 miles.

Plus we have some wall that’s already up that we’re already fixing. You know, we’ve already started the wall because we’re fixing large portions of wall right now. We’re taking wall that was good but it’s in very bad shape, and we’re making it new. We’re fixing it. It’s already started. So we’ve actually, in the true sense — you know, there’s no reason to take it down or ***. So in a true sense, we’ve already started the wall.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      Hey onejay, can you help me with this? I just read this interview with Trump and I don't know what I should take literally vs figuratively. Can you break it down for me? TIA.
                      I think the part about the rivers being vicious was figurative.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        I think the part about the rivers being vicious was figurative.
                        No, no, no...rivers can be fucking assholes man!
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          Hey onejay, can you help me with this? I just read this interview with Trump and I don't know what I should take literally vs figuratively. Can you break it down for me? TIA.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Just remember, this man is the President of the United States...

WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Wednesday that he never would have appointed Attorney General Jeff Sessions had he known Mr. Sessions would recuse himself from overseeing the Russia investigation that has dogged his presidency, calling the decision “very unfair to the president.”

In a remarkable public break with one of his earliest political supporters, Mr. Trump complained that Mr. Sessions’s decision ultimately led to the appointment of a special counsel that should not have happened. “Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else,” Mr. Trump said.

In a wide-ranging interview with The New York Times, the president also accused James B. Comey, the F.B.I. director he fired in May, of trying to leverage a dossier of compromising material to keep his job. Mr. Trump criticized both the acting F.B.I. director who has been filling in since Mr. Comey’s dismissal and the deputy attorney general who recommended it. And he took on Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel now leading the investigation into Russian meddling in last year’s election.

Mr. Trump said Mr. Mueller was running an office rife with conflicts of interest and warned investigators against delving into matters too far afield from Russia. Mr. Trump never said he would order the Justice Department to fire Mr. Mueller, nor would he outline circumstances under which he might do so. But he left open the possibility as he expressed deep grievance over an investigation that has taken a political toll in the six months since he took office.

But the president repeated that he did not know about his son’s meeting at the time and added that he did not need the Russians to provide damaging information about Mrs. Clinton.

“There wasn’t much I could say about Hillary Clinton that was worse than what I was already saying,” he said. “Unless somebody said that she shot somebody in the back, there wasn’t much I could add to my repertoire.”
                            The president also said in an interview that Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel, would cross a red line if he delved into Trump family finances unrelated to Russia.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Comment

• Just for clarification sake - Dont the House and Senate actually pass legislation? Thats what makes them the Legislative Branch isnt it?

The Executive Branch has the power of affirmation or veto.

#schoolhouserock #morefakenews

Comment

Working...
                                X