Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you choose that to believe, when you disregard so much. It seems to be cherry picking.

Don't get me wrong, his supporters would love to see a triple fence of razor wire, but they are willing to accept significant improvement on the issue. Trump is delivering that.

The two I know love the "smoke and stink" as well. They are tired of being bullied by a the same people that are so rabidly against Trump. They like the push back and love that CNN fell flat on its collective face.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      So you choose that to believe, when you disregard so much. It seems to be cherry picking.

Don't get me wrong, his supporters would love to see a triple fence of razor wire, but they are willing to accept significant improvement on the issue. Trump is delivering that.

The two I know love the "smoke and stink" as well. They are tired of being bullied by a the same people that are so rabidly against Trump. They like the push back and love that CNN fell flat on its collective face.

J
      If you're stupid and someone calls you stupid--it's not bullying--it's speaking the truth.

If you take it as bullying, maybe you're too stupid to know the difference.

You seem to miss the fact--you can't bully a POS.

Any bigot is fair game.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So you choose that to believe, when you disregard so much. It seems to be cherry picking.

J
        Yes, those poor little white hetero males, always being victimized. Boo-fuckin-hoo.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Any bigot is fair game.
          You are now fair game. Got it.

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Yes, those poor little white hetero males, always being victimized. Boo-fuckin-hoo.
          I can see why anyone with a shred of sympathy is beating a track to your door.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I said you would not consider some of it as progress, but he cannot be accused of doing nothing.

The pro-Trump guys I know, both of them, consider the wall promise to be well on the way to completion. They never expected an actual wall. What they expected is to treat the border and immigration law with respect and proper enforcement. Not a literal wall, but serious steps in that direction. The mistake is to take Trump literally but not seriously. It's extremely easy, but it is still a mistake.

@revo Come get me. We can go and rub sticks together for him.

J
            I'm still hoping you will tell me how he has redefined American foreign policy, since he is now in the midst of the foreign policy makers and shakers. Do we have a North Korea policy other than 'we hope that China will make a heavy move'? How about Russia? Someone going to move heavy for us there? It looks to be a battle of wits when Trump goes in against Putin, and I'm afraid our guy is basically unarmed. No plan is a bad plan. Or maybe he just plans to declare victory and explain it to us later via twitter. I heard one trumpette suggest just that. Slug it out in secret, then twitter a big success.

Will he give back the compounds? What will he get in returns? An admission that Putin hacked our elections? A promise not to touch them again?

What will Trump do with Germany?

Will he get around to appointing people to serve South Korea, or just let China take care of that, too.

Come on, trumpies, let's talk foreign policy.
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

You are now fair game. Got it.

I can see why anyone with a shred of sympathy is beating a track to your door.

J
              I am proud to be a bigot of bigots. Please feel free to stand next to me and announce to the world that I am intolerant of racists, misogynists, homophobes, islamobhobes and thier ilk.

Shame me for my bigotry, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                I am proud to be a bigot of bigots. Please feel free to stand next to me and announce to the world that I am intolerant of racists, misogynists, homophobes, islamobhobes and thier ilk.

Shame me for my bigotry, please.
                Tough. You are doing such a good job yourself.

Still, it takes guts to acknowledge blatant hypocrisy in oneself. Kudos.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                  I'm still hoping you will tell me how he has redefined American foreign policy, since he is now in the midst of the foreign policy makers and shakers. Do we have a North Korea policy other than 'we hope that China will make a heavy move'? How about Russia? Someone going to move heavy for us there? It looks to be a battle of wits when Trump goes in against Putin, and I'm afraid our guy is basically unarmed. No plan is a bad plan. Or maybe he just plans to declare victory and explain it to us later via twitter. I heard one trumpette suggest just that. Slug it out in secret, then twitter a big success.

Will he give back the compounds? What will he get in returns? An admission that Putin hacked our elections? A promise not to touch them again?

What will Trump do with Germany?

Will he get around to appointing people to serve South Korea, or just let China take care of that, too.

Come on, trumpies, let's talk foreign policy.

Trump's foreign policy with every nation in two words: wing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Trump's foreign policy with every nation in two words: wing it.
                    no no, he's got a plan, just watch

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pZOF9q5fzfs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Trump and the intricate attention to detail strike again. They forgot to book a Hotel for the G-20 Summit...DOH!

Donald Trump has reportedly had trouble getting a hotel room for the upcoming G20 summit in Hamburg, Germany.

His team apparently waited too long to book accommodations for the President and his travelling staff and were told none of the major hotels had vacancies, Buzzfeed reported.

The local newspaper Hamburger Abendblatt reported that the Four Seasons had to turn him away as they were full.

READ MORE
                      Watch Donald Trump speak ahead of G20 summit
                      In an ironic twist for the hotel chain owner, every luxury hotel in town seemed to be booked up. There do not appear to be any Trump-owned properties in the northern German city.

Buzzfeed did some digging and found that King Salman of Saudi Arabia and his massive entourage are staying at the Four Seasons as well two other high-end hotels.

Russian President Vladimir Putin is staying at the Park Hyatt and German Chancellor Angela Merkel will make camp at the Atlantic Kempinski with India and Canada.

However, the Hamburg government's Senate House will reportedly host him, while staff will likely stay at the US Consulate there.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Trump and the intricate attention to detail strike again. They forgot to book a Hotel for the G-20 Summit...DOH!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7827166.html

Or, you could recognize a fairly strong speech he made today in Poland, but go with that instead. Instead of throwing him a bone for finally doing something Presidential, we (me included) are all so prone to finding the negatives to focus upon. He's generally an embarrassment but your disdain is more reasonable if you occasionally admit that he wasn't a dip sj!t on the world stage today. He very strongly stated that the US will honor Article 5, you know, the Article everyone ripped him for speaking of directly in other speeches. He praised Poland and thanked them for being a strong ally. He scolded Russia for the Ukraine and said it needs to stop.

I also saw the meme floating around the interwebs showing the wife of the Polish leader leaving him hanging when he tried to shake her hand. That was funny, except that didn't happen. No wonder he fights with the press and the liberal resistance. He actually reached for her hand as she reached for FLOTUS's hand. They shook hands seconds later. Sometimes it helps to give some modicum of credit instead of banging the drum.
                        Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 07-06-2017, 09:39 PM.
                        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                          I also saw the meme floating around the interwebs showing the wife of the Polish leader leaving him hanging when he tried to shake her hand. That was funny, except that didn't happen. No wonder he fights with the press and the liberal resistance. He actually reached for her hand as she reached for FLOTUS's hand. They shook hands seconds later. Sometimes it helps to give some modicum of credit instead of banging the drum.
                          I don't think I can bring myself to give Trump credit for stepping over the very low bar we set for him, and I have concerns about the undertones of Bannon's us vs them cultural/religious war I got in his speech. However, I do 100% agree with what you say about the press's coverage of the handshake. The press is infuriating when they 1. focus on nonsense BS like who shook whose hand in an awkward fashion, or if it was a bow when Obama bent to accept a medal vs a stern nod when Trump did it. All of that is nonsense click bait distracting from things that really matter. and 2. add insult to injury by actually distorting or taking out of context the facts to fuel the click bait, which appears to be the case here.

Two of the biggest problems in the news media, to me, is the issue above about filler, fluff, click bait nonsense, and, sycophantic, highly partisan journalists who don't press politicians hard on real issues. We need more Tim Russerts these days, and less molly-coddling cheeerleaders like we see on Fox News (although Chris Wallace has been known to ask a tough question from time to time, and I have been pleasantly surprised and impressed on the rare occasions that someone like Shepherd Smith has stood up tall and criticized Trump on key issues. In general, I hope Fox moves toward more respectability now that Roger Ailes and Bill-o are gone, but it will be hard to do with Hannity as the Backpfeifengesicht of the network).
                          Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-06-2017, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• I have long been a ardent CNN watcher and their coverage since the election has been over the top terrible. I can't stand watching FOX unfair and imbalanced coverage of anything political and MSNBC is just about as bad in the other direction. I need to find a new source for my news viewing. TBT though, I didn't see the handshake meme on CNN. So maybe they rose up above the pale today. We do need some of the Tim Russert's of the bygone era back.
                            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Here is something positive from Trump.

Dr. Jerome Adams is credited with persuading then-Gov. Mike Pence to authorize syringe exchanges in the state. If confirmed, public health advocates are hopeful he'll have sway in Washington.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                                Or, you could recognize a fairly strong speech he made today in Poland, but go with that instead. Instead of throwing him a bone for finally doing something Presidential, we (me included) are all so prone to finding the negatives to focus upon. He's generally an embarrassment but your disdain is more reasonable if you occasionally admit that he wasn't a dip sj!t on the world stage today. He very strongly stated that the US will honor Article 5, you know, the Article everyone ripped him for speaking of directly in other speeches. He praised Poland and thanked them for being a strong ally. He scolded Russia for the Ukraine and said it needs to stop.

Really? We've resorted to give the man credit for not screwing up a speech? Has the bar been set that low for the President of the United States? "Well, he gave a speech to a handpicked audience and he didn't screw it up...even acknowledged that NATO is important a month after the fact." No Bernie, I'm not giving credit to him for doing a tiny part of his job in a functional manner. There's no bone for that.

As far as the handshake goes...it DID happen. She breezed right by him to shake the hand of the 1st lady as his hand was already extended. Sure she shook his hand AFTERWARDS, but it was pretty clear that she could have shaken his hand 1st. You want to see it differently, that's your right...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X