Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when you think --He can't possibly act like a bigger dick-- he doubles down on his dickishness.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Just when you think --He can't possibly act like a bigger dick-- he doubles down on his dickishness.
      It really is amazing. Remember when Republicans would say the US lost its global luster under Obama? Lol, now countries literally make fun of us because of this clown.

Comment

• The President of the F--king United States just tweeted a video of him tackling Vince McMahon, disguised with a CNN logo, at a Wrestlemania. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the President of the F----king United States.

I'm glad this moron spent the last 8 years battering President Obama, who has more class in his fingernail than this tooljob, and now all he does is play golf, go on vacations, and tweet out nonsense when he SHOULD BE F---ING WORKING LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD.

GET TO F----KING WORK!!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          The President of the F--king United States just tweeted a video of him tackling Vince McMahon, disguised with a CNN logo, at a Wrestlemania. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the President of the F----king United States.

I'm glad this moron spent the last 8 years battering President Obama, who has more class in his fingernail than this tooljob, and now all he does is play golf, go on vacations, and tweet out nonsense when he SHOULD BE F---ING WORKING LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD.

GET TO F----KING WORK!!
          Republicans everywhere tolerate this because?

If he were a Democrat, they'd have lost their voices by now complaining about this behavior.

Even President Camacho has more class..........
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Even THIS guy would be better...............

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Republicans everywhere tolerate this because?

If he were a Democrat, they'd have lost their voices by now complaining about this behavior.

Even President Camacho has more class..........
              Many GOPers don't tolerate it and have been very vocal about it. Even a number of elected officials.

If your point is that some GOPers tolerate it, well sure. Plenty of Dems - but certainly not all - tolerated Bill Clinton getting blown by an intern in the White House, which in my point of view is a planet of crassness Trump isn't even close to orbiting yet. Your mileage may vary. Many n either party will tolerate a lot if the leader is implementing policies and people they want.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Many GOPers don't tolerate it and have been very vocal about it. Even a number of elected officials.

If your point is that some GOPers tolerate it, well sure. Plenty of Dems - but certainly not all - tolerated Bill Clinton getting blown by an intern in the White House, which in my point of view is a planet of crassness Trump isn't even close to orbiting yet. Your mileage may vary. Many n either party will tolerate a lot if the leader is implementing policies and people they want.
                With all due respect, Clinton's transgression and this bozo are light years apart. Like him or not, Clinton did his job, and did it well. Besides the SCOTUS pick (which took a nuclear option, I might add), has this guy done anything except bash the media, his predecessor, his opponent, incompetently half-ass some bills that easily get shot down despite having a congressional majority, play golf, go on vacation, and tweet?

Comment

We are pretty far apart on this, was it a transgression to have an affair while in office? absolutely, should he have lied about it? Hell no, but if you're saying Clinton's foibles in his 8 years outweigh Trumps in his first 6 months, to be polite--You're Nucking Futz.

Yes, I agree people on both sides swallow every bit of ethical outrage they've had against the opposition to see their agenda implemented. I just never thought you'd be one of them and if you're not please correct me by saying you'd rather have anyone else but Trump in office.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

And another entry in the False Equivalence Derby.

Clinton was wrong to get blown in the White House. He was wrong to lie about it. His defenders were wrong to defend him for it.

Trump is a different matter. He continues to degrade the White House. He continues to lie. He has no remorse. And his defenders condone his ongoing conduct. They enable him. "He's new to this!" "He's fighting back!" You should all be ashamed.

(A "planet of crassness Trump isn't even close to orbiting yet"? As 'crass' means 'showing no intelligence or sensitivity' and is synonymous with 'stupid, insensitive, mindless, thoughtless, ignorant, witless, oafish, boorish, asinine, coarse, gross, graceless, tasteless, tactless, clumsy, heavy-handed, and blundering', I'd put one week of Trump tweets against eight years of Bill Clinton escapades.)
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      With all due respect, Clinton's transgression and this bozo are light years apart. Like him or not, Clinton did his job, and did it well. Besides the SCOTUS pick (which took a nuclear option, I might add), has this guy done anything except bash the media, his predecessor, his opponent, incompetently half-ass some bills that easily get shot down despite having a congressional majority, play golf, go on vacation, and tweet?
                      That's not a realistic position. The fact that you present it is a backhand compliment.

What has the administration done? Tightened border security. Redefined US foreign policy. Cut a great many regulations. Ended the Paris agreement most federal support of climate change initiatives. Embarrassed CNN. Restored the pipelines. Ended the war on coal. Some of these things you may not think of as positive, but they are seen as accomplishments by his supporters. Lowest key of all is the draining of the bureaucratic swamp. Anguished cries of disenfranchised officials fill page 6. It's too early to see the impact on the economy, but the markets love him.

There are other things. He's very good at not being Hillary Clinton. Some people like that he will mix it up with anyone. Compare Bush's silent response to attacks. He's very effective at drawing attention away from things that would get other GOP Presidents criticized, eg the massive overhauls of the State Department and EPA. It isn't perfect. Like every President in memory, he's way behind on appointments. It will be interesting to watch Kate's law and the related sanctuary city bill. If passed, they will be genuine signature legislation and they have at least some bipartisan support.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        That's not a realistic position. The fact that you present it is a backhand compliment.

What has the administration done? Tightened border security. Redefined US foreign policy. Cut a great many regulations. Ended the Paris agreement most federal support of climate change initiatives. Embarrassed CNN. Restored the pipelines. Ended the war on coal. Some of these things you may not think of as positive, but they are seen as accomplishments by his supporters. Lowest key of all is the draining of the bureaucratic swamp. Anguished cries of disenfranchised officials fill page 6. It's too early to see the impact on the economy, but the markets love him.

There are other things. He's very good at not being Hillary Clinton. Some people like that he will mix it up with anyone. Compare Bush's silent response to attacks. He's very effective at drawing attention away from things that would get other GOP Presidents criticized, eg the massive overhauls of the State Department and EPA. It isn't perfect. Like every President in memory, he's way behind on appointments. It will be interesting to watch Kate's law and the related sanctuary city bill. If passed, they will be genuine signature legislation and they have at least some bipartisan support.

J
                        You talk in conclusory terms a lot. Let's get specific.

Border: We know he has done nothing so far on the big, beautiful, physical wall. Obama doubled the number of border guards. What exactly has Trump done to tighten security?

Regulations: True, Trump has made it easier for corporations to pollute streams, bribe foreign governments, and expose employees to health hazards. But what cuts has he made which really help mom and pop businesses in America...the forgotten people he claimed he was going to be working for?

The War on Coal: There are fewer than 80,000 "coal" jobs in America today, about 30,000 fewer than will be lost when J.C. Penney goes under. All those jobs are important, but they are not the glue that is holding the fabric of country together. And it is not the regulations of the Obama administration which are killing those jobs. Those jobs are dying a natural death. Cheap natural gas is killing those jobs. Mountaintop removal mining is killing those jobs. Automation is killing those jobs. Artificially propping up those jobs, to the detriment of the environment of those jobs and the economy, is certainly not a positive.

U.S. Foreign Policy: I give up. You say he has redefined it. Perhaps you can tell us, then, what it is. What is our North Korea policy? What is our policy toward Russia? Our Syrian policy? Qatar? China/Taiwan?

CNN? Mud-wrestling with a news organization just to spike up your base? You are right, I don't see that as a positive. I see that as the act of a baby-man with serious self-esteem issues who craves validation on a daily basis.

Draining the swamp: And how has he done this? He made a lot of noise about his anti-lobbying EO, but it turns out that he has given waivers to everyone. Is having Mike Flynn on staff draining the swamp? Bannon? How about the Goldman-Sachs guys? (Maybe you didn't listen to the campaign speeches...they are bad guys.) The best thing about his appointments so far is the fact that he has not gotten around to nominating very many people.

And Trump is way behind on appointments. Not even close to "every President in memory".
                        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• I hope you can afford heat, OneJay!

PORTLAND, Maine. —
                          The summer air is sizzling as the Fourth of July approaches, yet 86-year-old Richard Perkins already worries about how he's going to stay warm this winter.

President Donald Trump has proposed eliminating heating aid for low-income Americans, claiming it's no longer necessary and rife with fraud. People needn't worry about being left in the cold, he says, because utilities cannot cut off customers in the dead of winter.

But he is wrong on all counts.

The heating program provides a critical lifeline for people like Perkins, and officials close to the program don't see any widespread fraud. Guidelines for winter shutoffs by utilities vary from state to state and don't apply to heating oil, a key energy source in the bitter New England winter.

"It's beyond my thinking that anyone could be that cruel," said Perkins, a retired restaurateur who relies on the program to keep warm in Ogunquit, Maine.

People needn't worry about being left in the cold, he says, because utilities cannot cut off customers in the dead of winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                            You talk in conclusory terms a lot. Let's get specific.

Border: We know he has done nothing so far on the big, beautiful, physical wall. Obama doubled the number of border guards. What exactly has Trump done to tighten security?

Regulations: True, Trump has made it easier for corporations to pollute streams, bribe foreign governments, and expose employees to health hazards. But what cuts has he made which really help mom and pop businesses in America...the forgotten people he claimed he was going to be working for?

The War on Coal: There are fewer than 80,000 "coal" jobs in America today, about 30,000 fewer than will be lost when J.C. Penney goes under. All those jobs are important, but they are not the glue that is holding the fabric of country together. And it is not the regulations of the Obama administration which are killing those jobs. Those jobs are dying a natural death. Cheap natural gas is killing those jobs. Mountaintop removal mining is killing those jobs. Automation is killing those jobs. Artificially propping up those jobs, to the detriment of the environment of those jobs and the economy, is certainly not a positive.

U.S. Foreign Policy: I give up. You say he has redefined it. Perhaps you can tell us, then, what it is. What is our North Korea policy? What is our policy toward Russia? Our Syrian policy? Qatar? China/Taiwan?

CNN? Mud-wrestling with a news organization just to spike up your base? You are right, I don't see that as a positive. I see that as the act of a baby-man with serious self-esteem issues who craves validation on a daily basis.

Draining the swamp: And how has he done this? He made a lot of noise about his anti-lobbying EO, but it turns out that he has given waivers to everyone. Is having Mike Flynn on staff draining the swamp? Bannon? How about the Goldman-Sachs guys? (Maybe you didn't listen to the campaign speeches...they are bad guys.) The best thing about his appointments so far is the fact that he has not gotten around to nominating very many people.

And Trump is way behind on appointments. Not even close to "every President in memory".
                            I said you would not consider some of it as progress, but he cannot be accused of doing nothing.

The pro-Trump guys I know, both of them, consider the wall promise to be well on the way to completion. They never expected an actual wall. What they expected is to treat the border and immigration law with respect and proper enforcement. Not a literal wall, but serious steps in that direction. The mistake is to take Trump literally but not seriously. It's extremely easy, but it is still a mistake.

@revo Come get me. We can go and rub sticks together for him.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              I said you would not consider some of it as progress, but he cannot be accused of doing nothing.

The pro-Trump guys I know, both of them, consider the wall promise to be well on the way to completion. They never expected an actual wall. What they expected is to treat the border and immigration law with respect and proper enforcement. Not a literal wall, but serious steps in that direction. The mistake is to take Trump literally but not seriously. It's extremely easy, but it is still a mistake.

J
                              He's the Fucking President of the United States--He SHOULD be taken Literally because his WORDS mean something.

Stop, Stop, STOP making excuses for him.

I can see it now, a whole generation of kids telling their parents--Mom n Pop, don't take me literally, when I said I would do my homework before I went out I didn't mean I'd actually do All or it or Most of it, I mean if the Prez can get away with it, why can't we?

If expectations for this asshat get any lower we'll have to dig a ditch to find em.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk;2[I
                                83060]I said you would not consider some of it as progress, but he cannot be accused of doing nothing.

[/I]
                                J
                                Trump made it clear over and over again that he was talking about a literal wall, not about a figerative wall. A physical wall, not a fence and not an electronic wall. He was most specific and adamant about this. He insisted that we take him literally.

Just because someone is producing a lot of smoke and noise and stink doesn't mean they are doing something worthy of note.

Comment

Working...
                                X