Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• politics is stupid. there's a real world out there besides our petty minds.

ps. hitler would've been elected anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      Two ways to look at it:
      this is how CNN looked at it:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Delicious.. <a href="https://t.co/IXX19DJo7K">pic.twitter.com/IXX19DJo7K</a></p>&mdash; Jim Levy (@TexasJew) <a href="https://twitter.com/TexasJew/status/877348096270716929">June 21, 2017</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Here is a comment I saw from a website I frequent that has been following this for quite a while. It's a very Pro-Bernie/Anti Clinton site as will be obvious from the comment, so it is just one perspective.
        Ossoff’s loss is a loss for the Clintonites, and therefore a win for Democrats, if (and only if) it loosens the Establishment’s death grip on the Party apparatus which, if the Party is concerned with survival, it should. Ossoff’s race was the do-over for 2016 that Clintonites sought: Like the post-convention Clinton campaign, Ossoff’s lavishly funded campaign appealed to wealthy, educated, suburban Republicans, especially women, and ran a technocratic (documentary filmmaker, staffer) candidate with a vacuous message. Ossoff even turned to the right, first running on “Make Trump furious,” then pivoting to run against government waste (!). When will Democrats learn that Republicans prefer real Republicans to fake ones? Oh, and of course Ossoff kicked the left: Never, ever #MedicareForAll. So the Clintonites got their do-over, and they lost. They did the same thing. Did they get a different result? No.
        As you can imagine, this is a topic i've been following for a while and all I can say is, what's happening right now in the progressive movement is reflected here. Bernie supporters blame Clinton supporters and vice versa for the General loss, they won't budge from their platforms and even the top leaders are split. bernie has come out with a new wave of criticism toward the party and it's leadership and the party and it's leaders seem to see no need to do anything differently. Yes they made inroads in traditionally Red contests, but they should have won GA, the MT seat was decided before the body slam, but even after it happened, the Dem response was muddled.

As has been noted here, the Dems have many more seats up in the senate that the Reps 23-8 I believe. If the Progressives don't do something to come together before then, this could be their undoing. They HAVE to win back the majority in the senate to allow themselves some kind of leverage which means out of 31 races, they have to win 25, I'm pretty sure that get's them to 51 (nuclear option is our friend now). But it's going to be a struggle, as you've seen here, Lucky and I used to be good friends with similar takes on things, but over time have retreated to our corners and even though we've made multiple attempts to "bury the hatchet" it's not going to happen. We both epitomise what each of us think is wrong with the other's position and as I monitor boards for both centrist Dems and berniecrats, I can tell you--Our exchanges in here are mild compared to some of those folks.

Both sides are dug in, demanding the other side relent. Which is not going to happen.

And though it may be a defeat for the centrists and a victory for the Sandernistas ( which we can debate, I don't see it that clearly one way or another), it ultimately signals that as easy as it should be to regain the senate and make strides in the house in 2018, it won;t be as easy as it should be and might actually fail.

It's a difficult time to be a progressive right now because our battle is now on 2 fronts, and that's never an easy fight.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I typically don't care about stuff like this, but seriously, driving your golf cart on the green?!?!? IMPEACH NOW!!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">President Trump driving his golf cart all over the green is the most Trump thing ever <br><br>(via MikeNFrank/Twitter) <a href="https://t.co/UWuIcCIOnT">pic.twitter.com/UWuIcCIOnT</a></p>&mdash; Sports Illustrated (@SInow) <a href="https://twitter.com/SInow/status/877908744344129536">June 22, 2017</a></blockquote>
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            I typically don't care about stuff like this, but seriously, driving your golf cart on the green?!?!? IMPEACH NOW!!!!
            I think I heard someone saying "here, gopher, gopher, gopher"....
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• The Great Cheezus had some beauts last night in Iowa...said that he had a great crowd for something that wasn't a campaign rally. Except it was set up by his campaign people and BILLED as a campaign rally. Told the Iowans that he wouldn't let them get sucked into the wind energy trap because some days the wind just doesn't blow...apparently he's not familiar with the concept of storage batteries. Said that the "Wall" is now going to have solar panels on it, making it cheaper for the Mexicans to pay for it.

And today, he had to admit that he really doesn't have any tapes of the Comey conversations...like a crappy poker player being called on his bluff.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

As has been noted here, the Dems have many more seats up in the senate that the Reps 23-8 I believe. If the Progressives don't do something to come together before then, this could be their undoing. They HAVE to win back the majority in the senate to allow themselves some kind of leverage which means out of 31 races, they have to win 25, I'm pretty sure that get's them to 51 (nuclear option is our friend now). But it's going to be a struggle, as you've seen here, Lucky and I used to be good friends with similar takes on things, but over time have retreated to our corners and even though we've made multiple attempts to "bury the hatchet" it's not going to happen. We both epitomise what each of us think is wrong with the other's position and as I monitor boards for both centrist Dems and berniecrats, I can tell you--Our exchanges in here are mild compared to some of those folks.

Both sides are dug in, demanding the other side relent. Which is not going to happen.

I agree the Sanders/Clinton wings of the party do not like each other. At all. It's hard for me to really say how many of the Dems fall into either of these groups and how many are just Democrats and don't really care...but I do think it is a problem that isn't going to go away by ignoring it and just complaining about Donald Trump.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I typically don't care about stuff like this, but seriously, driving your golf cart on the green?!?!? IMPEACH NOW!!!!
                  One more reason for me to hate the man.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">President Trump driving his golf cart all over the green is the most Trump thing ever <br><br>(via MikeNFrank/Twitter) <a href="https://t.co/UWuIcCIOnT">pic.twitter.com/UWuIcCIOnT</a></p>— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) <a href="https://twitter.com/SInow/status/877908744344129536">June 22, 2017</a></blockquote>
                    Back off, herbflake! The reason I know he is right and you are wrong is that he is still the President!

In any event, apart from this photograph and several eye witnesses, there is no concrete evidence that he drove on that green. Fake news!
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">President Trump driving his golf cart all over the green is the most Trump thing ever <br><br>(via MikeNFrank/Twitter) <a href="https://t.co/UWuIcCIOnT">pic.twitter.com/UWuIcCIOnT</a></p>— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) <a href="https://twitter.com/SInow/status/877908744344129536">June 22, 2017</a></blockquote>
                      The mantra, WWAAD, what would an asshole do?, fits the man every time.

Comment

• It's my course, I can drive wherever I want! I even drove over that loser's ball!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                          Back off, herbflake! The reason I know he is right and you are wrong is that he is still the President!

In any event, apart from this photograph and several eye witnesses, there is no concrete evidence that he drove on that green. Fake news!
                          Get off my lawn!!!
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Could we get Trump to play Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield) in a remake? Who would play Judge Smails (Ted Knight)? Chuck Schumer is the obvious pick, but Dick Durbin is more to type. I can't decide on Comey or Mueller to play Carl Spackler (Bill Murray). The real problem is Chevy Chase. There is no one remotely like Ty Webb in Washington.

J
                            Last edited by onejayhawk; 06-23-2017, 11:32 AM.
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              Could we get Trump to play Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield) in a remake? Who would play Judge Smails (Ted Knight)? Chuck Schumer is the obvious pick, but Dick Durbin is more to type. I can't decide on Comey or Mueller to play Carl Spackler (Bill Murray). The real problem is Chevy Chase. There is no one remotely like Ty Webb in Washington.

J
                              Poor Donnie, just can't get no respect.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• He plays to it too.

How is the Supreme Court's decision to take the travel ban case and release the stays in the interim sitting? It is being touted as a big win for the White House by the likes of CNN and CNBC.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X