This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    he'd be better off not playing cards at all. If he'd just shut his mouth (and little fingers) most everything would blow over a lot faster.
    Agreed. Where are the strong people around him who are supposed to give him this advice. He won't allow those types around him.
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
      Agreed. Where are the strong people around him who are supposed to give him this advice. He won't allow those types around him.
      There are plenty of them around him, he just doesn't listen to them unless they agree with his already formed opinion. Look at the mess with Qatar, he had no idea that Qatar is an important US ally in that region, but just blindly blundered ahead based on talk from the Saudis...now he's had to backtrack once he actually learned the facts that the US has a huge base in Doha...well.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
        Yes, he will testify under oath just after he releases his tax returns, and just before his investigative team gets back from Hawaii with that Obama birth certificate information.

On a different topic, does anyone have a theory on why Trump is being coy about the tapes? Why, when asked if there are tapes does he say he'll be answering that 'in a fairly short period of time'? Why not now? He raised the issue. And why does he say the reporters will be disappointed? Is he trying to say that the tapes will show that Comey is lying? What is to be gained by waiting? His agenda is being delayed. It seems that if he could stop this by releasing the tapes he would do it right now.
        He'll never testify. He'll do the same thing he's done with his taxes. He will say he was advised by Counsel to not testify, but "I really want to so it's unfair that I can't!"
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
          He'll never testify. He'll do the same thing he's done with his taxes. He will say he was advised by Counsel to not testify, but "I really want to so it's unfair that I can't!"
          He's the absolute worst con man ever, it might have worked with some Rubes or those looking to curry favor, but in the real world, his act is weak and predictable and sad.

If there ARE tapes, they will be required to be produced ala Watergate. He can only stand behind executive privilege so long before he's impeached.

BUt I agree, there's NO way he testifies under oath. None because he CAN be prosecuted for Perjury, and there's no way he tells the truth, No way.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            He's the absolute worst con man ever, it might have worked with some Rubes or those looking to curry favor, but in the real world, his act is weak and predictable and sad.
            He's the f'in president of the united states... it can't be that weak.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Honest to Christ, at some point it'd be easier to name Trump associates who DON'T have Russian ties...

The hard-charging New York lawyer President Trump chose to represent him in the Russia investigation has prominent clients with ties to the Kremlin, a striking pick for a president trying to escape the persistent cloud that has trailed his administration.

Marc E. Kasowitz’s clients include Oleg Deripaska, a Russian oligarch who is close to President Vladimir Putin and has done business with Trump’s former campaign manager. Kasowitz also represents Sberbank, Russia’s largest state-owned bank, U.S. court records show.

Kasowitz has represented one of Deripaska’s companies for years in a civil lawsuit in New York and was scheduled to argue on the company’s behalf May 25, two days after news broke that Trump had hired him, court records show. A different lawyer in Kasowitz’s firm showed up in court instead, avoiding a scenario that would have highlighted Kasowitz’s extensive work for high-profile Russian clients.

Kasowitz, whose scrappy style in the courtroom mirrors Trump’s approach to politics, represented Trump in various matters for more than a decade before he took on either Deripaska’s company or Sberbank, according to one of Kasowitz’s partners in the firm.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                He's the f'in president of the united states... it can't be that weak.
                You ever go to a High School where the DBag football player who called band members "fag"in the hallway gets elected BMOC?

This is that at a National level, his goon friends just stand by and chuckle because their either too stupid or too scared to contradict the guy.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

You ever go to a High School where the DBag football player who called band members "fag"in the hallway gets elected BMOC?

This is that at a National level, his goon friends just stand by and chuckle because their either too stupid or too scared to contradict the guy.
                  I think the point Mr. Heyelander was making is that it is hard to label Donald Trump as a poor com man if he conned enough people to become elected the "leader of the free world".
                  --------------------------------------
                  You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
                    I think the point Mr. Heyelander was making is that it is hard to label Donald Trump as a poor com man if he conned enough people to become elected the "leader of the free world".
                    I suppose I've known a higher caliber of con men in my day.

I mean anyone can talk a girl with an 80 IQ and bad eyes into the sack, or find ones who want to get back at their recently Ex'd boyfriend.

You CAN fool some of the people all the time, but those folks are pretty damn stupid.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I mean anyone can talk a girl with an 80 IQ and bad eyes into the sack, or find ones who want to get back at their recently Ex'd boyfriend.
                      Well my IQ may be 80 but I have good eyes !

Comment

• Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
                        Well my IQ may be 80 but I have good eyes !
                        I also believe Donald Trump is a strong-man and dictator, but he can't get anything accomplished and will not last another year ! I know it seems contradictory, but that's just what I believe !

Comment

I suppose I've known a higher caliber of con men in my day.
                          I guess they just lacked ambition then.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

plus they had extra small hands
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Trump is obvious, he's not subtle, real grifters you don't see coming until it's too late. I've met my share of en during my careers in the Gaming industry and to a different extent, show biz.

To add, most of these people are in it for the money, trump does everything for notoriety, it's like he gets off on getting over on people and the world knowing it. So now when he's trying to be coy about it, he comes off like an amature.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Senator Ted Cruz said is best during the campaign...a rare moment of passion and honesty:

"This man is a pathological liar. He doesn't know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth. And he had a pattern that I think is straight out of a psychology textbook. His response is to accuse everybody else of lying. He accuses everybody on that debate stage of lying, and it's simply a mindless yell. Whatever he does, he accuses everyone else of doing.

The man cannot tell the truth, but he combines it with being a narcissist. A narcissist at a level I don’t think this country has ever seen. Donald Trump is such a narcissist, that Barack Obama looks at him and goes, ‘Dude, what’s your problem?’ Everything in Donald’s world is about Donald.

And he combines being a pathological liar, and I say pathological because I actually think Donald—if you hooked him up to a lie-detector pass, he could say one thing in the morning, one thing at noon, and one thing in the evening, all contradictory, and he'd pass the lie-detector test each time. Whatever lie he’s telling, at that minute he believes it, but the man is utterly a moron."

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X