This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
    It might be comforting, but if your his attorney, and you are an attorney so I'll defer to you in this, would you advise or even allow your client to testify when he wasn't legally compelled to do so? It sounds good in theory, but is that good legal advice? And, while Comey said Trump wasn't subject of any investigation then, he may be now. And, how would we know that since a special prosecutor was appointed. And, he ain't leaking!
    Those are good points, and the right ones to raise in response to my tongue in cheek suggestion that our Commander in Chief set the record straight. So, given that we know he isn't going to answer any questions, why doesn't he just start acting like a leader, put down the twitter, muzzle his lawyer, and stop talking about legal stuff? His own party is begging him to. If he could keep his yap shut for 24 consecutive hours, this whole thing might be history now. I'm not certain of that, but I think his almost daily tweets claiming that the investigation is a fraud and a hoax have only served to make people more suspicious.

All you have to do is look at Trump's history to see that telling the truth is not one of his hobbies. And his lies aren't even clever ones, or told for good reason. They are stupid, easily disproven lies told for selfish and petty reasons. You can look at the deposition in the O'Brien case and see what I am talking about. Under oath, pinned down by a competent attorney, he admits that pretty much all of his legend is bullshit. (Examples...when he says he owns 50% of something, he may only own 30%, but it feels like 50% to him. When he says he gets paid a million dollars for something, it may only be $400,000, but he counts the 'publicity' as the other $600,000. He never borrowed any money from his dad, but it may have been a very, very small loan, but it may have been $9 million. When he says somebody he doesn't like is being investigated for a crime, it doesn't mean they are, it just means it is possible that they might be. Etc.)

I've deposed a lot of people who were lying their asses off, and I've cross-examined a lot of weasels on the stand, but Trump is a different sort of guy all the way around.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
      Those are good points, and the right ones to raise in response to my tongue in cheek suggestion that our Commander in Chief set the record straight. So, given that we know he isn't going to answer any questions, why doesn't he just start acting like a leader, put down the twitter, muzzle his lawyer, and stop talking about legal stuff? His own party is begging him to. If he could keep his yap shut for 24 consecutive hours, this whole thing might be history now. I'm not certain of that, but I think his almost daily tweets claiming that the investigation is a fraud and a hoax have only served to make people more suspicious.

All you have to do is look at Trump's history to see that telling the truth is not one of his hobbies. And his lies aren't even clever ones, or told for good reason. They are stupid, easily disproven lies told for selfish and petty reasons. You can look at the deposition in the O'Brien case and see what I am talking about. Under oath, pinned down by a competent attorney, he admits that pretty much all of his legend is bullshit. (Examples...when he says he owns 50% of something, he may only own 30%, but it feels like 50% to him. When he says he gets paid a million dollars for something, it may only be $400,000, but he counts the 'publicity' as the other $600,000. He never borrowed any money from his dad, but it may have been a very, very small loan, but it may have been $9 million. When he says somebody he doesn't like is being investigated for a crime, it doesn't mean they are, it just means it is possible that they might be. Etc.)

I've deposed a lot of people who were lying their asses off, and I've cross-examined a lot of weasels on the stand, but Trump is a different sort of guy all the way around.
      Ok, now we're in agreement.
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Ok, now we're in agreement.
        By the way, whatever happened to some of the more ardent liberals on this board? Eldiablo, Bhob, etc.?
        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

By the way, whatever happened to some of the more ardent liberals on this board? Eldiablo, Bhob, etc.?
          They are now all in internment camps. Which is why I've been on the run.
          “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Meanwhile, at exactly almost the same point in his presidency, scandal erupts:

hqdefault.jpg
            “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
              Meanwhile, at exactly almost the same point in his presidency, scandal erupts:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]955[/ATTACH]
              "exactly almost"? What the fuck is that?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                "exactly almost"? What the fuck is that?
                Might could?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

And, Trump said today he would testify under oath. No wonder four big firms turned him down for representation. Yikes, he's a terrible client.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Yikes, he's a terrible client.
                    Which is shocking, because he's such a great President and businessman.
                    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• I guess I should have said, he's exactly almost a great President and businessman.
                      -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I'm still here, but why should I bother with pig wrestling?
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

And, Trump said today he would testify under oath. No wonder four big firms turned him down for representation. Yikes, he's a terrible client.
                          Yes, he will testify under oath just after he releases his tax returns, and just before his investigative team gets back from Hawaii with that Obama birth certificate information.

On a different topic, does anyone have a theory on why Trump is being coy about the tapes? Why, when asked if there are tapes does he say he'll be answering that 'in a fairly short period of time'? Why not now? He raised the issue. And why does he say the reporters will be disappointed? Is he trying to say that the tapes will show that Comey is lying? What is to be gained by waiting? His agenda is being delayed. It seems that if he could stop this by releasing the tapes he would do it right now.
                          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            I'm still here, but why should I bother with pig wrestling?
                            Hmmm, but, this was your answer!

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Yes, he will testify under oath just after he releases his tax returns, and just before his investigative team gets back from Hawaii with that Obama birth certificate information.

On a different topic, does anyone have a theory on why Trump is being coy about the tapes? Why, when asked if there are tapes does he say he'll be answering that 'in a fairly short period of time'? Why not now? He raised the issue. And why does he say the reporters will be disappointed? Is he trying to say that the tapes will show that Comey is lying? What is to be gained by waiting? His agenda is being delayed. It seems that if he could stop this by releasing the tapes he would do it right now.
                              It's a bluff. I'm sure his thinking is why should I play my cards until I absolutely have to. At which time he won't have any cards to play. That's all I can guess. There are no tapes and if there are, he's in the process of losing them.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

It's a bluff. I'm sure his thinking is why should I play my cards until I absolutely have to. At which time he won't have any cards to play.
                                he'd be better off not playing cards at all. If he'd just shut his mouth (and little fingers) most everything would blow over a lot faster.
                                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X