Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so I come out of a long, boring morning meeting & open this thread to see what the bar's analysis of Comey's testimony is & I find ... all of this ...

anything this morning potentially heading towards obstruction of justice (dem perspective)? or this just more evidence of Trump bringing his hard-nosed business sense to the white house (repub perspective)?
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Sorry I was to busy to actually watch the Comey hearings.

Unfortunately, I wont be able to watch it, as I am spending my day pulling information for a potential arbitration matter. Its very time consuming. Trying to watch Comey and do that would not be a good thing for me to try and accomplish.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• I got to see a lot of it. Comey frustrated both sides of the equation. No obstruction of justice, but pretty clearly abuse of power. Nothing illegal that I could see.

I thought Comey sounded honest. Very calm.

Man, there is a huge difference between Senate hearings and House hearings.

Saddest thing for me was that McCain sounded like he is getting senile.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          In a list of comments that you may say about me - This may be the last one I ever expected....

Thanks Lucky!
          Hey, you have to give credit where credit is due.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            got a page number for me yet?
            The Yahoo page I linked earlier had quotes from the author of the report. If the report author says it is 1.8 degrees I will believe that is his conclusion. If it was some yahoo (like me) saying the report really says 1.8 degrees and not .2 degrees I would be a lot more skeptical and probably would not have posted that link. You said don't want to read through the report to find it so I would think the author would be a good source.

Comment

• Originally posted by dslaw View Post
              The Yahoo page I linked earlier had quotes from the author of the report. If the report author says it is 1.8 degrees I will believe that is his conclusion. If it was some yahoo (like me) saying the report really says 1.8 degrees and not .2 degrees I would be a lot more skeptical and probably would not have posted that link. You said don't want to read through the report to find it so I would think the author would be a good source.
              i was only asking for where in the 2015 report does it show 1 degree.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• I thought that Comey did fine, given the partisan nature of the questioning on both sides. There was a whole lot of "I prefer not to answer that in an open session, I'd be happy to discuss (any topic) in a closed session). Very smart guy, major hits to Trump, yet no outright accusation that he's involved. He did more than insinuate that Trump was a known liar, which was his reason for meticulously documenting the meetings. He also said that he was very concerned when Trump asked everybody else to clear the room, leaving only the two of them. He said as a former prosecutor, it really set off a lot of alarm bells.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                  McCain releases statement regarding his performance "“Maybe going forward I shouldn’t stay up late watching the Diamondbacks night games”

Comment

I got to see a lot of it. Comey frustrated both sides of the equation. No obstruction of justice, but pretty clearly abuse of power. Nothing illegal that I could see.

I thought Comey sounded honest. Very calm.

Man, there is a huge difference between Senate hearings and House hearings.

So really, nothing changes. Trump will continue to do what he does, perhaps even a bit emboldened by all of this.

Heyelander's analysis appears to be spot on.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Attorney Kasowitz didn't exactly distinguish himself today. He tried to claim that Comey had lied when saying he gave the memos to a friend after the Presidents "tape" tweet. Kasowitz said the public record, in the form of a NYT article, proves it. The lawyer got his dates wrong. The tweet was days before the article which broke the memo story.

The Predisent may want to get this guy an assistant.

Comment

• There's a lot of spinning on both sides tonight. The most unrealistic, to me, are the guys who say that even if Trump said what Comey claims, that wouldn't be trying to convince Comey to stop the investigation. "Nobody ever went to jail for hoping." "Hoping ain't telling."

Imagine you are the Director of Sales for U.S.A. Corp. After the weekly staff meeting, the President of the company tells you to stay behind and sends all the other employees out of the room. After everyone is gone, and there are just the two of you in his office, he looks you in the eye and says "You know, Mr. Wilson is a good customer. I hope one of our salesmen calls on him today."

As an employee of U.S.A. Corp. in the chain of command of the President of the company, would you feel as though you had just been told to be sure a salesman serviced that account pronto? If not, I think your time as Director of Sales would be headed for an abrupt end.

Comment

There's a lot of spinning on both sides tonight. The most unrealistic, to me, are the guys who say that even if Trump said what Comey claims, that wouldn't be trying to convince Comey to stop the investigation. "Nobody ever went to jail for hoping." "Hoping ain't telling."

Imagine you are the Director of Sales for U.S.A. Corp. After the weekly staff meeting, the President of the company tells you to stay behind and sends all the other employees out of the room. After everyone is gone, and there are just the two of you in his office, he looks you in the eye and says "You know, Mr. Wilson is a good customer. I hope one of our salesmen calls on him today."

As an employee of U.S.A. Corp. in the chain of command of the President of the company, would you feel as though you had just been told to be sure a salesman serviced that account pronto? If not, I think your time as Director of Sales would be headed for an abrupt end.
                          Thank you for Redsplaining it for me ! You took a highly complex subject and made it something a dummy can understand !
                          --------------------------------------
                          You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

There's a lot of spinning on both sides tonight. The most unrealistic, to me, are the guys who say that even if Trump said what Comey claims, that wouldn't be trying to convince Comey to stop the investigation. "Nobody ever went to jail for hoping." "Hoping ain't telling."

So if he in spirit, if not literally, told Comey to stop the investigation, what would / could the consequences be? Again, to his supporters he's just getting a firm grip on his team, demonstrating strong leadership.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              So if he in spirit, if not literally, told Comey to stop the investigation, what would / could the consequences be? Again, to his supporters he's just getting a firm grip on his team, demonstrating strong leadership.
                              I don't think there will be much in the way of consequences, at least not legally. There are some (real) legal experts who are claiming that it constituted obstruction, but I don't think so, at least not for the reason many of them are using, which is that Trump has the constitutional power to stop an investigation. But although I don't think this conversation with Comey was illegal, the firing of Comey is a little bit closer question. But again, abuse of power, probably not a crime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
                                Thank you for Redsplaining it for me ! You took a highly complex subject and made it something a dummy can understand !
                                Oh, Mandy. You keep forgetting that we have to walk some of our Trump 'non-supporters' through these issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X