Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hey, Montenegro! Outta the way, buddy! I got suits older than you, pal! Hey, I'm walking here!"
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• I'm not sure that it can get any closer to the Prez, but Son-in-Law and WH advisor Kushner is being looked at now. From WaPo Alerts...

FBI investigators are focusing on meetings held by Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and an influential White House adviser, as part of their probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and related matters, according to people familiar with the investigation. Kushner, who held meetings in December with the Russian ambassador and a banker from Moscow, is being investigated because of the extent and nature of his interactions with the Russians, the people said. An attorney for Kushner said he had "previously volunteered to share with Congress what he knows about these meetings. He will do the same if he is contacted in connection with any other inquiry."
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• What RB is referring to...this asshole is a National Embarrassment.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• What a fucking smug dick.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So now it's coming out that colluding with the Russians to influence the election is not a Federal Crime and thus cannot be brought as a criminal charge.

If this is true, what are the options?

They can still pursue Obstruction charges and possible Treason charges if that can be proven (though if colluding to influence an election isn't a crime, Treason related to those actions will be tough to prove)

If they chalk this all up to cheating or bad judgment how are the Democrats going to argue their points?
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Kind of misleading headline but seems significant.

“There is no question that we [meaning NSA] have evidence of election involvement and questionable contacts with the Russians.” Although Rogers did not cite the specific intelligence he was referring to, agency officials with direct knowledge have informed me that DIRNSA was obviously referring to a series of SIGINT reports from 2016 based on intercepts of communications between known Russian intelligence officials and key members of Trump’s campaign, in which they discussed methods of damaging Hillary Clinton.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• It just doesn't stop with these assclowns...seriously, how dumb can these people be? From WaPo news alerts...

Sergey Kislyak reported to his superiors in December that Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and adviser, asked him about setting up a secret communications channel between the transition team and the Kremlin using Russian facilities in the United States, an apparent move to shield pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports. Kushner made the proposal to Kislyak during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Kislyak’s communications with Moscow that were reviewed by U.S. officials.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Germany appears to be done with us -- https://twitter.com/NTarnopolsky/sta...09781213102080

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    Germany appears to be done with us -- https://twitter.com/NTarnopolsky/sta...09781213102080
                    This may be the worst thing that's happened in his short Presidency...the only winner in all of this are the Russians, who've been trying to break Nato for decades.

Europe "must take its fate into its own hands" faced with a western alliance divided by Brexit and Donald Trump's presidency, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Sunday.

"The times in which we could completely depend on others are on the way out. I've experienced that in the last few days," Merkel told a crowd at an election rally in Munich, southern Germany.

"We Europeans truly have to take our fate into our own hands," she added.

While Germany and Europe would strive to remain on good terms with America and Britain, "we have to fight for our own destiny", Merkel went on.
                    As a leading global news agency, AFP offers quality multimedia content in video, text, photo and graphics in six languages.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Covfefe..............Is that Kenyan or Russian?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• After seeing an infomercial at 3am on how bad global warming is, I've decided to ally with Syria to heat up the planet. If the other 189 crybabies want us back, they'll have to agree to sell Ivanka's most wonderful line of women's wear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          This may be the worst thing that's happened in his short Presidency..
                          Well, it didn't take him long to top that.

The good news is that withdrawing from the Paris Accord may be the worst thing that's happ...oh shit, what am I saying?!
                          “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                            Well, it didn't take him long to top that.

The good news is that withdrawing from the Paris Accord may be the worst thing that's happ...oh shit, what am I saying?!
                            california is going to ally with 140 nations on Climate change, and Bloomberg said he'd pay the US $15M owed around the Paris Accords....yea brains
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              california is going to ally with 140 nations on Climate change, and Bloomberg said he'd pay the US $15M owed around the Paris Accords....yea brains
                              I think this is great! Let those who can afford it go ahead. Certainly Apple, Google, etc can donate the money they wipe their asses with towards lowering global temps 0.2 degrees by 2100.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                                I think this is great! Let those who can afford it go ahead. Certainly Apple, Google, etc can donate the money they wipe their asses with towards lowering global temps 0.2 degrees by 2100.
                                Just because Trump says .2 degrees doesn't mean that is really .2 degrees.

President Donald Trump can't be counted on to give accurate information to Americans when violent acts are unfolding abroad. The latest deadly London attacks, like one in the Philippines last week, prompted ...

WHITE HOUSE, citing a study from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology: "If all member nations met their obligations, the impact on the climate would be negligible," curbing temperature rise by "less than 0.2 degrees Celsius in 2100."

THE FACTS: The co-founder of the MIT program on climate change says the administration is citing an outdated report, taken out of context. Jake Jacoby said the actual global impact of meeting targets under the Paris accord would be to curb rising temperatures by 1 degree Celsius, or 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit.

"They found a number that made the point they want to make," Jacoby said. "It's kind of a debate trick."

One degree may not sound like much, but Stefan Rahmstorf, a climate scientist at the Potsdam Institute in Germany, says, "Every tenth of a degree increases the number of unprecedented extreme weather events considerably."

Comment

Working...
                                X