Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's just another example of the solid, sober judgement of our President. Talking to the Russian Ambassador and their Foreign Minister at the recent WH meeting. NY Times reporting...

The Times, citing a report on the meeting a source read to them, said that Trump told the Russians: “I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job ... I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.” The president also reportedly said: “I’m not under investigation.”
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Here's just another example of the solid, sober judgement of our President. Talking to the Russian Ambassador and their Foreign Minister at the recent WH meeting. NY Times reporting...
      Shit's gonna happen, might take a while, but he won't finish his term............Avatar bet anyone?
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        Shit's gonna happen, might take a while, but he won't finish his term............Avatar bet anyone?
        Not a chance...

The problem is that Pence might not be as outwardly crazy as Trump, he's probably a LOT more conservative. Some of the things that he attempted to do in Indiana are borderline crazy, IMO. And he MIGHT just be able to pull the GOP back together enough to make 2018 midterms more of a horse race than they look like they were shaping up to be.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I would, except I'd want to lose that bet so bad....I don't think it will happen, but man, do I hope it does. And I know Pence may even be worse in some ways, but I still want to see it happen.

Comment

• Again, I believe if Trump goes down, he's taking everyone he can with him. Pence, if he lied about anything-Knew about any wrong doing, would be at risk as well.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• If Trump goes down for Russia, he takes Pence and Ryan with him.....President Hatch picks Romney as his VP is my bet
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Once again, Trump proves to be a lying sack of crap. He campaigned on protecting Medicare, and now this, his 1st major budget proposal, he want to slash it...Courtesy WaPo.

President Trump’s first major budget proposal, which he is expected to roll out on Tuesday, would follow through on a bill passed by House Republicans to cut more than $800 billion over 10 years from Medicaid, people familiar with the planning said. That change could cut off benefits to roughly 10 million low-income people in the next decade, the Congressional Budget Office has estimated.

The White House also will call for changes to anti-poverty programs that would give states new power to limit benefits and impose work requirements, people familiar with the planning said.
                That's the way to go you coward, on the backs of the poor...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Once again, Trump proves to be a lying sack of crap. He campaigned on protecting Medicare, and now this, his 1st major budget proposal, he want to slash it...Courtesy WaPo.

That's the way to go you coward, on the backs of the poor...
                  It is deplorable and expected--when he asked folks what they had to lose by supporting him, this is one of many answers.

However, a point of clarification--did Trump actually promise to protect Medicaid, which is what this is about, or Medicare, which is what you mentioned? I recall him being careful not to piss off seniors with Medicare cuts, but I don't recall if he made similar claims about Medicaid.

It is a noteworthy distinction, because I believe his base associates Medicare as being earned by years of work for seniors, mostly. However, many of them are gleeful in taking away benefits from the poor, who they feel haven't worked hard enough and are living off the hard work of others. Nevermind the idea that helping the poor is a greater good than wasting 10s of billions on utterly useless military hardware contracted by backroom deals to make the uber rich richers. So, him cutting Medicaid and raising the defense budget actually helps him with most of his base.
                  Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-21-2017, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    It is deplorable and expected--when he asked folks what they had to lose by supporting him, this is one of many answers.

However, a point of clarification--did Trump actually promise to protect Medicaid, which is what this is about, or Medicare, which is what you mentioned? I recall him being careful not to piss off seniors with Medicare cuts, but I don't recall if he made similar claims about Medicaid.

It is a noteworthy distinction, because I believe his base associates Medicare as being earned by years of work for seniors, mostly. However, many of them are gleeful in taking away benefits from the poor, who they feel haven't worked hard enough and are living off the hard work of others. Nevermind the idea that helping the poor is a greater good than wasting 10s of billions on utterly useless military hardware contracted by backroom deals to make the uber rich richers. So, him cutting Medicaid and raising the defense budget actually helps him with most of his base.
                    Right...my mistake. Bad on my part...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Right...my mistake. Bad on my part...
                      Trump promised that he would not cut Medicare or Medicaid. Even though he is on record (and video) making this pledge, numerous people have come forward and questioned whether he actually said he wouldn't cut Medicaid.
                      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• So I am curious about this.....

For the last 20+ years we have had Presidents tell us they would do this or not that and protect this or not that..............

Why is this any different? Why now is there such moral outrage? Is it finally that you want the President to be truthful or you want this one to be?

Never in the 8 years of the Obama administration has there ever been so much gnashing of teeth and playing gotcha. Even those who didnt get to keep their own doctors made due and found alternatives.
                        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                          So I am curious about this.....

For the last 20+ years we have had Presidents tell us they would do this or not that and protect this or not that..............

Why is this any different? Why now is there such moral outrage? Is it finally that you want the President to be truthful or you want this one to be?

Never in the 8 years of the Obama administration has there ever been so much gnashing of teeth and playing gotcha. Even those who didnt get to keep their own doctors made due and found alternatives.
                          Ugh, again with the relativism from the 'independent'. Trump is a lying sack of shit who has zero experience and zero willingness to learn a new skill.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Ugh, again with the relativism from the 'independent'. Trump is a lying sack of shit who has zero experience and zero willingness to learn a new skill.
                            This isnt relativism. I am stating that factually we have been lied to over and over again by our President. Bush, Clinton, Bush II, Obama.....

so why is Trump lying or doing something that he didnt "promise" any different?

rel·a·tiv·ism

noun
                            the doctrine that knowledge, truth, and morality exist in relation to culture, society, or historical context, and are not absolute.

Ive actually been pretty consistent in my calling out both parties for the last decade. It seems there are many that are not being consistent and that the truth is relative related to their candidate. I am no fan of Pres Trump, as I was no fan of either Obama, or Bush I or II, or Clinton for that matter. At least I have been consistent.
                            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

So I am curious about this.....

It's very simple...the intent is to enrich a few people at the expense of the poorest of the poor. Look at all that he's proposing to do to education, to social programs, to the environment. It goes on and on...and THAT'S certainly worthy of outrage.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

This isnt relativism. I am stating that factually we have been lied to over and over again by our President. Bush, Clinton, Bush II, Obama.....

so why is Trump lying or doing something that he didnt "promise" any different?

rel·a·tiv·ism

noun
                                the doctrine that knowledge, truth, and morality exist in relation to culture, society, or historical context, and are not absolute.

Ive actually been pretty consistent in my calling out both parties for the last decade. It seems there are many that are not being consistent and that the truth is relative related to their candidate. I am no fan of Pres Trump, as I was no fan of either Obama, or Bush I or II, or Clinton for that matter. At least I have been consistent.
                                Numerous sources have documented that Trump has lied way more often and way more blatantly than any other politician in history. By repeatedly defending him and saying 'all politicians lie', you are normalizing his extremism. You can say you don't support him all you want, but by normalizing his behavior while criticizing his critics, you are implicitly supporting him.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X