This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    This guy is like Barry Bonds in his 73 homer year. Every time you think there is just no way he can keep the pace of insanity, he just ups his production. I think we need to required AEE testing for the White House. There is just no way he can keep making history at such a pace without artificial absurdity enhancers. In fact, I am increasing coming to believe that his entire presidency is the horrible side effect of a Douglas Adams' infinite improbability drive usage.
    Or, it's evidence that there's a glitch in the matrix.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I've never been plwoed on aprico9t soju, with a few exceptions.
      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
        I've never been plwoed on aprico9t soju, with a few exceptions.
        Careful, the war on drugs is back so prohibition might not be far behind.

Comment

• And from Spicey:

“I think he’s a little dismayed, as well as a lot of people that we come out here and try to do everything we can to provide you and the American people, with what he’s doing on their behalf, what he’s doing to keep the nation safe, what he’s doing to grow jobs and yet, we see time and time again an attempt to parse every little word and make it a game of gotcha,” Spicer said. “There is where there is a lot of dismay.”

Yeah, I know that witnesses on the stand tend to get a little dismayed when you start pinning them down on their vague, self-serving, unverified bullsh*t. Spicer doesn't know how easy he has it...he isn't under oath, and he can always turn and run out the back door - at least for now.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
            And from Spicey:

“I think he’s a little dismayed, as well as a lot of people that we come out here and try to do everything we can to provide you and the American people, with what he’s doing on their behalf, what he’s doing to keep the nation safe, what he’s doing to grow jobs and yet, we see time and time again an attempt to parse every little word and make it a game of gotcha,” Spicer said. “There is where there is a lot of dismay.”

Yeah, I know that witnesses on the stand tend to get a little dismayed when you start pinning them down on their vague, self-serving, unverified bullsh*t. Spicer doesn't know how easy he has it...he isn't under oath, and he can always turn and run out the back door - at least for now.
            Or hide in the bushes...

After Spicer spent several minutes hidden in the bushes behind these sets, Janet Montesi, an executive assistant in the press office, emerged and told reporters that Spicer would answer some questions, as long as he was not filmed doing so. Spicer then emerged.

“Just turn the lights off. Turn the lights off,” he ordered. “We’ll take care of this…. Can you just turn that light off?”

Spicer got his wish and was soon standing in near darkness between two tall hedges, with more than a dozen reporters closely gathered around him. For 10 minutes, he responded to a flurry of questions, vacillating between light-hearted asides and clear frustration with getting the same questions over and over again.
            The chief spokesperson for the president of the United States hid in the bushes, only to emerge after journalists agreed to talk to him in "near darkness."
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• My boss graduated from Liberty University today, so I she had the "honor" to listen to Trump give his first commencement speech of his Presidency.

"In America, we don't worship the government, we worship God."

“It is why our currency proudly declares, ‘In God We Trust,'” Trump continued. “And it is why we proudly proclaim that we are one nation, under God, every time we say the Pledge of Allegiance.”

Ugh.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                My boss graduated from Liberty University today, so I she had the "honor" to listen to Trump give his first commencement speech of his Presidency.

“It is why our currency proudly declares, ‘In God We Trust,'” Trump continued. “And it is why we proudly proclaim that we are one nation, under God, every time we say the Pledge of Allegiance.”

Ugh.
                well it is a Christian university with a Jerry Fallwell library. So this really shouldn't be shocking
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Panderer in Chief

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                    My boss graduated from Liberty University today, so I she had the "honor" to listen to Trump give his first commencement speech of his Presidency.

Ugh.
                    I don't say "under God" when I recite the pledge of allegience, because I'm a traditionalist
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      I don't say "under God" when I recite the pledge of allegience, because I'm a traditionalist
                      me too - and I say it everyday with my 8th graders - when they ask I explain

Comment

• May 10, 2017 Quinnipiac poll:

Name the first word that comes to mind when you hear "President Donald Trump." [words under 5 responses not counted]

idiot 39
                        incompetent 31
                        liar 30
                        leader 25
                        unqualified 25
                        president 22
                        strong 21
                        businessman 18
                        ignorant 16
                        egotistical 15
                        asshole 13
                        stupid 13
                        arrogant 12
                        trying 12
                        bully 11
                        business 11
                        narcissist 11
                        successful 11
                        disgusting 10
                        great 10
                        clown 9
                        dishonest 9
                        racist 9
                        American 8
                        bigot 8
                        good 8
                        money 8
                        smart 8
                        buffoon 7
                        con-man 7
                        crazy 7
                        different 7
                        disaster 7
                        rich 7
                        despicable 6
                        dictator 6
                        aggressive 5
                        blowhard 5
                        decisive 5
                        embarrassment 5
                        evil 5
                        greedy 5
                        inexperienced 5
                        mental 5
                        negotiator 5
                        patriotism 5

Comment

• Just trying to help my buds!

"President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said Trump’s decision to do so endangers cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and the National Security Agency.

“This is code-word information,” said a U.S. official familiar with the matter, using terminology that refers to one of the highest classification levels used by American spy agencies. Trump “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”

Comment

• More Rope More Rope!!
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by President Donald J. Chump View Post

“This is code-word information,” said a U.S. official familiar with the matter, using terminology that refers to one of the highest classification levels used by American spy agencies. Trump “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”
                              Because Russia IS Trumps greatest ally...

I know that the GOP leadership is spineless, and essentially owned by the power brokers, but at some point don't the 1% have to say, "Jesus, enough already, stop!".
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by President Donald J. Chump View Post
                                Just trying to help my buds!

"President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said Trump’s decision to do so endangers cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and the National Security Agency.

We must find out who is the source of this information will be the rallying cry of the white house and republican congress - remember party over country at all costs no matter how devastating

Comment

Working...
                                X