This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    I still maintain that this is all a dog and pony show for North Korea. A show of force, and a fairly strong disregard for who and what may be collateral damage. It also may be a way to really startle China and try to make them get more involved with keeping NK restrained.

I don't think that wagging your dick is a particularly sound strategy, but I'm not surprised to see it coming from the Trump camp.
    While I agree the Syrian missile strike was as you state, but with the MOAB being dropped in Afghanistan, I'm thinking he actually has the balls to preemptively strike N korea and lacks the brain to realize what a mistake that'd be for the country (though it'd be excellent for the military industrial complex)
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      and how do you feel about the US protecting its economic interests abroad? are you guys okay with paying an extra couple of bucks per gallon at the gas pump if the US pulls out of the Mideast & it goes to crap?
      the best thing the US could do is become complete independent of middle east oil, I believe we are pretty close right now
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        the best thing the US could do is become complete independent of middle east oil, I believe we are pretty close right now
        Energy independence is just a matter of priority now. We don't need middle east oil or the Canadian tar sands. Our natural gas and oil reserves are massive, but we haven't been producing them because middle east oil has been dirt cheap. The producers there, apparently, have made it cheap to 1) keep us from continuing to exploit our shale, 2) for some, raise needed cash, and 3) continue to delay our development of alternative energy sources.

We have all we need to bridge to clean energy if we will muster the courage to do it. Hell, I remember paying $5 a gallon for gas, and now we squeal when it goes up twenty cents. I don't just want self-driving cars, I want my self-driving car to run on broccoli.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• The house I bought has solar panels on it.

Just my minimizing my carbon footprint.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• And the white house visitor list is now private.

More information about white house activities goes away

Comment

• I just saw this by Newt about Steve Bannon:

“Bannon is a brilliant pirate who has had a huge impact,” said former House speaker Newt Gingrich, a Trump supporter. “But White Houses, in the end, are like the U.S. Navy — corporate structures and very hard on pirates.”

I'm almost sure he meant that corporate structures are very hard on pirates.
              If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• I'm giddy to watch what happens when they bounce Bannon.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  And the white house visitor list is now private.

More information about white house activities goes away
                  TBF, Obama wasn't 100% on the up & up with it either. It was more of a gesture than anything else. That said, some percentage is better than 0%

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                    I'm giddy to watch what happens when they bounce Bannon.
                    Don't get too far ahead... I think he'll be moved more to the background but I'd bet that he's still part of the "team"
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                      I'm giddy to watch what happens when they bounce Bannon.
                      You could be right, and I agree it'll be ugly if he's unceremoniously dumped. But if they work out an agreement that involves a pile of cash, it could be pretty tame.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        You could be right, and I agree it'll be ugly if he's unceremoniously dumped. But if they work out an agreement that involves a pile of cash, it could be pretty tame.
                        There's a great article on Politico about a possible Bannon firing, and the steps he might take. It doesn't sound pretty at all...I'm not sure cash would calm that raging ego.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          There's a great article on Politico about a possible Bannon firing, and the steps he might take. It doesn't sound pretty at all...I'm not sure cash would calm that raging ego.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...eitbart-215026
                          Yeah I read that when it came out along with some related material regarding the shitstorm Bannon could bring down on Trump should he be ousted.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• A little off topic...

You know, if it wasn't all to feed the ego of a ruthless, psychotic dictator, that North Korean parade might have been pretty cool.

I'm just saying. With all the precision marching, and the girl soldiers with the rifles hot-footing it, and all the music and colors. It was "Busby Berkeley meets The Empire Strikes Back". Plus the jets flying in formation and all the big trucks. And the gold statue of Lenin. And ooh, the dudes in the popeye suits with the rifles in the blue trucks looking up at the sky and being perfectly still. It was like a great propaganda film from the 40s.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sometimes Breaking News comes at exactly the perfect moment: <a href="https://t.co/0SNczBHCzU">pic.twitter.com/0SNczBHCzU</a></p>&mdash; Melissa Jo Peltier (@MelissaJPeltier) <a href="https://twitter.com/MelissaJPeltier/status/854017013714489346">April 17, 2017</a></blockquote>
                              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                LOL, you would know more than me. He doesn't really register out east.
                                Steve on a mission again

Comment

Working...
                                X