This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

Drop the largest non nuclear bomb in history in Afghanistan.
    Small hands...
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• At some point we have to:
      1. stop being the police for the world and
      2. stop trying to spread democracy by force.

But hey Im just a silly Libertarian.
      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
        At some point we have to:
        1. stop being the police for the world and
        2. stop trying to spread democracy by force.

But hey Im just a silly Libertarian.
        I agree and will add

Placing a higher value on an American life over others.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I agree and will add

Placing a higher value on an American life over others.
          Good God - did someone hack your login?? LOL -- we agree on more things every day!
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• and how do you feel about the US protecting its economic interests abroad? are you guys okay with paying an extra couple of bucks per gallon at the gas pump if the US pulls out of the Mideast & it goes to crap?
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              and how do you feel about the US protecting its economic interests abroad? are you guys okay with paying an extra couple of bucks per gallon at the gas pump if the US pulls out of the Mideast & it goes to crap?
              Of course there is a concern about the economic piece - but that speaks to a bigger issue. In the year 2017 we should no longer be dependent of the Middle East for the one resource that they have. Seriously, if we become independent of their fuel - we have no need to put up with any of their shit. We would no longer have to be allies of countries with some of the worlds worst human rights issues. So yes I would pay an extra buck for that - plus that money would be spent at home on projects that benefit the people here. Maybe we could put that dollar to fixing the infrastructure.

Oh and there is the part about the US still having an excess of oil in reserve, so yeah. The Middle East has already gone to crap by the way.

Comment

and how do you feel about the US protecting its economic interests abroad? are you guys okay with paying an extra couple of bucks per gallon at the gas pump if the US pulls out of the Mideast & it goes to crap?
                We'll just steal your tar sands
                --------------------------------------
                You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
                  We'll just steal your tar sands
                  actually you're already buying it (Canada sends more than 3X the amount of oil to the US as compared to Saudi Arabia); our folks in Alberta thank you for it.

BTW, they prefer they're called oil sands ... to keep the environmentalists away ...
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• It appears unclear whether the President was involved in the decision to drop the MOAB. He won't say, and neither will Sean Spicer. Where does the buck stop?
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

I'm ok in protecting assets as long as it doesn't incur a human cost.

I abhor profit over people.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                        It appears unclear whether the President was involved in the decision to drop the MOAB. He won't say, and neither will Sean Spicer. Where does the buck stop?
                        All bucks go to Trump.............

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I am not a conspiracy theorist but due to the fact that trump and his staff consistently lie, how can we really be sure what is ever really going. Especially with huge issues like foreign policy.

Comment

• Everything is fine, we're definitely not trying to find some front to have a war on.

The U.S. is prepared to launch a preemptive strike with conventional weapons against North Korea should officials become convinced that North Korea is about to follow through with a nuclear weapons test, multiple senior U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News.

North Korea has warned that a "big event" is near, and U.S. officials say signs point to a nuclear test that could come as early as this weekend.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                              Everything is fine, we're definitely not trying to find some front to have a war on.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-...uclear-n746366
                              Springtime for Trumpler.............

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I still maintain that this is all a dog and pony show for North Korea. A show of force, and a fairly strong disregard for who and what may be collateral damage. It also may be a way to really startle China and try to make them get more involved with keeping NK restrained.

I don't think that wagging your dick is a particularly sound strategy, but I'm not surprised to see it coming from the Trump camp.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X