Supreme Court of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    The fact that you believe one example of anything is enough to prove anything about such a broad topic as immigration is staggeringly simplistic thinking.

If you were a US senator, you'd be the guy holding up a snowball in Congress. I bring up statistics of ALL immigrants. You bring up 1 highly flawed example. This isn't a debate. Anecdotes are garbage. Bring stats that can disprove my point! I say this because you can't do it!
    You get points for rabble rousing. I love how you can look at one thoroughly rotted apple and tell me the whole barrel is fine. Kudos.

Also, in case you didn't notice, I favor open borders. I just want to know who comes across. It's also kind of important that someone that gets thrown out, stays out.

BTW Since you are a big fan of fact checkers, you must love Project Veritas. More Kudos.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Also, you keep harping on the fact that Trump is an open book in terms of his positions. That is not the same thing as saying he is honest. One can be very clear about one's desires, and lie to achieve them. That is what Trump does, constantly. That isn't an admirable trait, though you seem to think it is.
    For a politician, that is exactly what it is.

Serious, how is a politician keeping promises not admirable? That one I truly do not understand.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 11-04-2018, 08:50 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

Serious, how is a politician keeping promises not admirable? That one I truly do not understand.

J
      It is not admirable when said politician stokes the worst impulses of his voting base with half-truths and blatant lies, scapegoating the media, law enforcement, and anyone else who stands in his way, saying that he alone can save them from invading hordes, and that the anyone who opposes him is the enemy, to be feared, hated, murdered. It is not admirable when the promises kept are Trojan horses for bad policies that will eventually hurt those that voted for him, and those who did not.

Also, have you forgotten all of the promises he has not kept? Where is that wall of his? Where is the healthcare reform he promised? Where is the elimination of the common core he ran on? Where is the infrastructure spending people on both sides hoped he'd follow through on? Is he saving these things for his second term, or will you admit he throws a lot against the wall, and ends up choosing to pursue the ones most politically practical and expedient? If so, how does that make him special as a politician?

Littler broken promises--he promised not to take vacations, he promised to release his tax returns, he promised to sue all of the women making sexual assault allegations against him. He says lots of things. Mostly to see how his crowds react. He is reactionary, not a visionary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        It is not admirable when said politician stokes the worst impulses of his voting base with half-truths and blatant lies, scapegoating the media, law enforcement, and anyone else who stands in his way, saying that he alone can save them from invading hordes, and that the anyone who opposes him is the enemy, to be feared, hated, murdered. It is not admirable when the promises kept are Trojan horses for bad policies that will eventually hurt those that voted for him, and those who did not.

Also, have you forgotten all of the promises he has not kept? Where is that wall of his? Where is the healthcare reform he promised? Where is the elimination of the common core he ran on? Where is the infrastructure spending people on both sides hoped he'd follow through on? Is he saving these things for his second term, or will you admit he throws a lot against the wall, and ends up choosing to pursue the ones most politically practical and expedient? If so, how does that make him special as a politician?

Littler broken promises--he promised not to take vacations, he promised to release his tax returns, he promised to sue all of the women making sexual assault allegations against him. He says lots of things. Mostly to see how his crowds react. He is reactionary, not a visionary.
        If you are trying to make the case that Trump did not follow through on his campaign promises, there is no hope so long as you remain in denial. Facts are not making it through to your consciousness.

Regardless, enough of this threadjacking. This should be in a Trump thread, not one for SCOTUS.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

If you are trying to make the case that Trump did not follow through on his campaign promises, there is no hope so long as you remain in denial. Facts are not making it through to your consciousness.

Regardless, enough of this threadjacking. This should be in a Trump thread, not one for SCOTUS.

J
          Okay Back to his campaign promises- Building a wall AND HAVING MEXICO PAY FOR IT. How is that being KEPT?

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
            Okay Back to his campaign promises- Building a wall AND HAVING MEXICO PAY FOR IT. How is that being KEPT?
            well, it is a fact that some of what was said was a promise & was a commitment to be taken literally, while other things that were said were to be taken figuratively & we were supposed look for the hidden message behind the statement, and that everyone was supposed to examine each statement to determine which one it is, and to flexible in the interpretation because messages could flip back & forth between "take this literally" and "I don't really mean this but I suppose I stand behind the sentiment that is somewhere inside this message".

edit: we keep waiting for the wall on the US-Canadian border ... when are you guys gonna get going on that one???
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

J
              what?

Comment

• RBG took a scary fall and is in the hospital with three broken ribs. I hope she's okay. I wish she could retire but I know there's no way she'll do so before the 2020 election unless she has absolutely no other choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  RBG took a scary fall and is in the hospital with three broken ribs. I hope she's okay. I wish she could retire but I know there's no way she'll do so before the 2020 election unless she has absolutely no other choice.
                  Is this the part where those of us who are not liberals are suppose to spew vile wishes and hateful things about her? Because were this a conservative Judge, we'd likely be hearing such things from some on the left or in Foreign Countries!

Here's what I will say: I truly do wish her a speedy and complete recovery.
                  I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                    Is this the part where those of us who are not liberals are suppose to spew vile wishes and hateful things about her? Because were this a conservative Judge, we'd likely be hearing such things from some on the left or in Foreign Countries!

Here's what I will say: I truly do wish her a speedy and complete recovery.
                    Actually, coming in here and suggesting that those of us on "the left" or from foreign countries would be spewing vile wishes and hateful things about a sick or injured conservative judge is almost as bad as coming in here and doing so regarding Justice Ginsburg. No, I would not celebrate injury, illness or death of someone I dislike politically, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      Actually, coming in here and suggesting that those of us on "the left" or from foreign countries would be spewing vile wishes and hateful things about a sick or injured conservative judge is almost as bad as coming in here and doing so regarding Justice Ginsburg. No, I would not celebrate injury, illness or death of someone I dislike politically, either.
                      I'm sorry that you took that personally, but I am tired of reading such drivel from others. It was a response to you, not at you.
                      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I'm sorry that you took that personally, but I am tired of reading such drivel from others. It was a response to you, not at you.
                        It's a great tactic to say something awful and then say "oh I only said that because I'm tired of others saying similar things". Gimme a break.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          It's a great tactic to say something awful and then say "oh I only said that because I'm tired of others saying similar things". Gimme a break.
                          I went fishing and look what I caught! Coming from one of the bigger flamethrowers, this is rich!

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• I suspect Thomas will step down this summer, while Trump is still the President. Hopefully he is the first. Ginsberg is a two-time cancer survivor, though this trip may not be related.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I went fishing and look what I caught! Coming from one of the bigger flamethrowers, this is rich!
                              You and nots should spend some time together on the lakes. You'd set records!
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                You and nots should spend some time together on the lakes. You'd set records!
                                I can't speak for nots (but if you move the s to the front you get snot!) but I'm all about "catch and release".

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X