Supreme Court of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    You were making the argument that criticizing mith's post as racist was legitimate. Unbelievable you cant see the inference that he's racist.
    Nope.

You are seeing what you want to see. You are not seeing what I intended.

I take the time to give you my honest answer and you don't accept it. Not much I can do about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Nope.

You are seeing what you want to see. You are not seeing what I intended.

I take the time to give you my honest answer and you don't accept it. Not much I can do about that.
      You're saying "if the assumption that Chancellor made about mith's post were true, then it would be racist." You're using chancellor's INCORRECT assumption to come to a conclusion without recognizing the false nature of the claim itself.

Are we in agreement on that?
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        You're saying "if the assumption that Chancellor made about mith's post were true, then it would be racist." You're using chancellor's INCORRECT assumption to come to a conclusion without recognizing the false nature of the claim itself.

Are we in agreement on that?
        It's not a false claim. Mith did say what Mith said. The racial slur may have been unintended, but it is there.

Here's a similar situation. Years ago I was working a receiving dock. The driver asked to borrow my knife to cut some shrink wrap. My boss happened to be standing nearby. She told the driver he should use his own knife. He responded, "Just because I'm Hispanic, I'm supposed to always have a knife?" I had taken her to mean he should bring his own tools. Which of us was right?

J
        Last edited by onejayhawk; 10-09-2018, 10:25 AM.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          It's not a false claim. Mith did say what Mith said. The racial slur may have been unintended, but it is there.

J
          Stop making claims without posting evidence! Show your work!
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• For the record, Gregg was just pointing out the "natives are drunks so criticizing Alaskans is racist" connection for me, not necessarily endorsing it. I still think it's ridiculous but only chance and 1J are making that claim.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              For the record, Gregg was just pointing out the "natives are drunks so criticizing Alaskans is racist" connection for me, not necessarily endorsing it. I still think it's ridiculous but only chance and 1J are making that claim.
              I'm not claiming, "natives are drunks so criticizing Alaskans is racist." Where do you get that?

Even if you worded it correctly, ie "criticizing native Alaskans as drunks is racist." it would not be what I said.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

Here's a similar situation. Years ago I was working a receiving dock. The driver asked to borrow my knife to cut some shrink wrap. My boss happened to be standing nearby. She told the driver he should use his own knife. He responded, "Just because I'm Hispanic, I'm supposed to always have a knife?" I had taken her to mean he should bring his own tools. Which of us was right?

J
                Where I come from, every male above the age of ten would have a pocket knife in his pocket at all times. Just like he would have a billfold.
                If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                  Where I come from, every male above the age of ten would have a pocket knife in his pocket at all times. Just like he would have a billfold.
                  They are no longer allowed in schools. Hell - kids have been suspended for plastic knives...
                  It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                  Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                    They are no longer allowed in schools. Hell - kids have been suspended for plastic knives...
                    Some are even suspended for eating a slice of pizza into the shape of a gun or knife. We react to extreme circumstances that we are unwilling to deal with in a serious and practical way with zero tolerance policies that make little sense and do nothing to protect ourselves and our children.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Some are even suspended for eating a slice of pizza into the shape of a gun or knife. We react to extreme circumstances that we are unwilling to deal with in a serious and practical way with zero tolerance policies that make little sense and do nothing to protect ourselves and our children.
                      And now you and I agree on something.....
                      It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                      Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                        So, I know I’m late to this party, but I wish you all a belated but very happy Indigenous Peoples’ Day.
                        Dia de la Raza here in SF
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                          And now you and I agree on something.....
                          This does not surprise me, as I'd hope most would see the absurdity of suspending 6 year olds for making a gun shape out of pizza, but I know we do disagree on what the serious and practical solutions to these issues would be .

Comment

• "Asked specifically about, for example, a Democrat-led House committee’s subpoenaing Trump’s tax returns — traditionally made public by presidential candidates to reassure voters that no financial entanglements would divide an elected official’s loyalties or otherwise compromise him or her — Newt Gingrich replied in a matter-of-fact manner that the effort would end in the lap of the Supreme Court, adding:

‘And we’ll see whether or not the Kavanaugh fight was worth it.’

So there you have it. Sure, it's only an opinion, but Newt was once up for a top cabinet spot and surely was consulted on the Kavanaugh deal. It was all about Trump, and for Trump. Anyone who thought Kavanaugh, who once said a sitting president could not be indicted, was chosen for anything else is wearing Trump-Colored Glasses. Sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              "Asked specifically about, for example, a Democrat-led House committee’s subpoenaing Trump’s tax returns — traditionally made public by presidential candidates to reassure voters that no financial entanglements would divide an elected official’s loyalties or otherwise compromise him or her — Newt Gingrich replied in a matter-of-fact manner that the effort would end in the lap of the Supreme Court, adding:

‘And we’ll see whether or not the Kavanaugh fight was worth it.’

So there you have it. Sure, it's only an opinion, but Newt was once up for a top cabinet spot and surely was consulted on the Kavanaugh deal. It was all about Trump, and for Trump. Anyone who thought Kavanaugh, who once said a sitting president could not be indicted, was chosen for anything else is wearing Trump-Colored Glasses. Sad.
                              The way I read that is, all the liberal justices will vote against Trump for political reasons so lets see if the fight was worth it.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Don't be silly. The reason was likely an unspoken agreement that Kennedy would step down if he could name his successor. Kavanaugh would have made the list anyway, but Kennedy pushed him to the top.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X