Supreme Court of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    So Trump is publicly mocking and shaming victims with thousands of lunatic Trump fanatics wildly laughing at her... and you're bringing popcorn. Millions of victims will be gutted, and further mocked and shamed into silence, and you celebrate. Sick and twisted.

I'm feeling sick over the obvious sham FBI investigation. Ramirez gave her witness info to the FBI and they never contacted the witnesses.

So revel in this atrocity, you morally bankrupt partisan hack. Bring your popcorn.
    This is not good for RJ.

You also lose credibility as soon as you start to name call.

Chancellor is one of the best posters we have, regardless of whether or not we agree with him.

He doesn't need me to defend him, but I want to.

Oh, and I always thought the popcorn was showing interest in watching not celebration.

I am more angered by your constant name calling and adding to the downfall of RJ than any topic that is discussed here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      This is not good for RJ.

I am more angered by your constant name calling and adding to the downfall of RJ than any topic that is discussed here.
      100% agree. Can’t make a point without using ‘vile’ or ‘disgusting’

Comment

• If it becomes clear that Collins, Flake and Murkowski are Yay's I bet Hietkamp and Machin go too. Though Manchin really doesn't have to he is pretty safe in his seat, HH is in trouble with polling trends so maybe she just hopes a Yay vote keeps some R's away from the voting booth.

In the end this process is a disappointment to me. Ignoring the investigation Kavanaugh took the tone of a political operative with his opening remarks and temperment during the Q&A was not that of someone who should sit on the highest court. Add that to a mountain of obvious little lies (boof, devils triagne, FFFF, etc) and this should not be the kind of man that sits on the Supreme Court.

Republicans control the House, Senate and White House, so a conservative it has to be, but plowing Kavanaugh through is nothing more than an F U to about half the country. We are no better than we were during the Anita Hill era. My only hope is that this leads to some R's staynig home now that they will have their court majority in place and the Democrats can win the house by a good margin. The senate was never likely even at their best it was 1/3 at 538 and now it is more like 1/4 so I doubt that happens. Hold as many of those red state seats as possible and gear up for 2020.

Comment

This is not good for RJ.

You also lose credibility as soon as you start to name call.

Chancellor is one of the best posters we have, regardless of whether or not we agree with him.

He doesn't need me to defend him, but I want to.

Oh, and I always thought the popcorn was showing interest in watching not celebration.

You think Chacellor celebrating assault victims rage/pain is totally kosher, but me calling him "morally bankrupt" is tearing this place apart. Okay.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
            If it becomes clear that Collins, Flake and Murkowski are Yay's I bet Hietkamp and Machin go too. Though Manchin really doesn't have to he is pretty safe in his seat, HH is in trouble with polling trends so maybe she just hopes a Yay vote keeps some R's away from the voting booth.

In the end this process is a disappointment to me. Ignoring the investigation Kavanaugh took the tone of a political operative with his opening remarks and temperment during the Q&A was not that of someone who should sit on the highest court. Add that to a mountain of obvious little lies (boof, devils triagne, FFFF, etc) and this should not be the kind of man that sits on the Supreme Court.

Republicans control the House, Senate and White House, so a conservative it has to be, but plowing Kavanaugh through is nothing more than an F U to about half the country. We are no better than we were during the Anita Hill era. My only hope is that this leads to some R's staynig home now that they will have their court majority in place and the Democrats can win the house by a good margin. The senate was never likely even at their best it was 1/3 at 538 and now it is more like 1/4 so I doubt that happens. Hold as many of those red state seats as possible and gear up for 2020.
            If Manchin knows the GOP has 50 votes, I think he comes along for the ride. Trump is very popular in WV—no need to give his opponent an opening. I think Heitkamp is done either way—the polls are trending against her. She might vote no and just go down with the ship.
            It would get real interesting if Flake and Murkowski vote no though. Real interesting.
            Also, got to give a shout out to McCaskell for being really bad at politics. She said she was a no vote before she needed to. If the GOP gets to 50, she either has to walk that back somehow or take a hit in a very tight race with a yes vote. Smart play was would have been to say nothing until she knew what the on-the-fence Republicans announced their intentions.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
              If it becomes clear that Collins, Flake and Murkowski are Yay's I bet Hietkamp and Machin go too. Though Manchin really doesn't have to he is pretty safe in his seat, HH is in trouble with polling trends so maybe she just hopes a Yay vote keeps some R's away from the voting booth.

Well stated.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                100% agree. Can’t make a point without using ‘vile’ or ‘disgusting’
                I've never called you these names because you've never posted vile or disgusting crap. If you did, I would.

Comment

I interpreted it as celebration and/or amusement at Democratic/liberal despair over the likely outcome, but chancellor can correct me if I'm wrong. Chancellor's a really smart guy and a great debater, but I do find that he is prone to treat "the left" with broad mockery and contempt, which is going to draw responses like Teenwolf's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                    I've never called you these names because you've never posted vile or disgusting crap. If you did, I would.
                    Regardless of who you are directing your insults at, I think it detracts from the room and from the discussion when you respond using aggressive and derisive words and phrases. You are overly emotional and insulting in these threads and so I have come to ignore most of what you write. BFly and I strenuously disagree about Robert Menendez. He has never insulted me, nor have I ever insulted him about it. There’s a lesson in there for you if you wish to hear it.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      I interpreted it as celebration and/or amusement at Democratic/liberal despair over the likely outcome, but chancellor can correct me if I'm wrong. Chancellor's a really smart guy and a great debater, but I do find that he is prone to treat "the left" with broad mockery and contempt, which is going to draw responses like Teenwolf's.
                      He's not alone.

Trump and his supporters find community by rejoicing in the suffering of those they hate and fear.

The cruelty of the Trump administration’s policies, and the ritual rhetorical flaying of his targets before his supporters, are intimately connected.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                        Regardless of who you are directing your insults at, I think it detracts from the room and from the discussion when you respond using aggressive and derisive words and phrases. You are overly emotional and insulting in these threads and so I have come to ignore most of what you write. BFly and I strenuously disagree about Robert Menendez. He has never insulted me, nor have I ever insulted him about it. There’s a lesson in there for you if you wish to hear it.
                        B-fly has never in the years that I have seen him here ever used an inflammatory insult. To my recollection he has always been the "sanest" voice of reason.

TW on the other hand pretty much goes to with the tried and true "label them or accuse them of something" so as to diminish and deflect from the conversation. Telling them they deserve to be punched seems to have worked for him in the past also.
                        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                          Thanks. I dislike being a pariah around here, where even those who agree with me find my tone too abrasive. I wish I had more of a reasonable and disaffected personality. This particular issue of assault victims being mocked has been a trying one for me, and I apologize for my foaming at the mouth inability to hold back.

I'm most concerned with victims who are suffering. If I'm made to suffer, the inflicting party deserves suffering in return. I just wish you all didn't have to watch me flail and lose my mind over it. I really should have taken an RJ vacation when the whole issue came up.

Comment

Bernie, I would appreciate the link.

It is not that I do not believe you (I do). I am wanting to show it to one of my righty friends. He has a tendency to jump on things he wants to hear and take them as gospel. He is very intelligent but sometimes jumps before checking facts.
                            Lindsey Graham said that "One’s crazy as a loon, I don’t believe the other one."

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                              Lindsey Graham said that "One’s crazy as a loon, I don’t believe the other one."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.6b23183812c0
                              Since we're all here out of a shared love for Baseball, before I post what I was going to post, I extend to you my sympathies on your loss. I'm hoping I won't experience that feeling for a little while!

But, this is exactly the article I was thinking. I inadvertently ascribed the "crazier than a loon" to Sen. Grassley, when in fact it was Sen. Graham. In any case, thanks for finding this OA's. Hope this helps, Gregg, to dispel the non-sense conspiracy theories of many on the right. Sadly, it probably won't. But hey, at least we all know that the world is flat!
                              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Heitkamp is a no.
                                The intrigue continues

Comment

Working...
                                X