Supreme Court of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Funny how Feinstein didn’t release something of this importance then, no? ‘Cause a rapist must be just fine for an appellate chair, I guess.
    First of all, my understanding is that she didn't have the allegation until July 30, 2018, a few weeks after Trump nominated him for the Supreme Court. Second, my understanding is that Dr. Ford urged Sen. Feinstein to keep her identity confidential. You're throwing a "funny how..." out there that doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
      Doesn’t he already have a lifetime appointment at his current job? If we are too believe her, should he not also be removed from that job?
      I don't know. I think there's a different threshold of evidence/proof for voting 'yes' or 'no' to a Supreme Court appointment, versue impeaching a sitting appellate court judge. I think the threshold for impeachment would and should be higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        I don't know. I think there's a different threshold of evidence/proof for voting 'yes' or 'no' to a Supreme Court appointment, versue impeaching a sitting appellate court judge. I think the threshold for impeachment would and should be higher.
        That would seem to lend itself to a lot of suspect accusations in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
          That would seem to lend itself to a lot of suspect accusations in the future.
          I haven't argued they should just assume the allegation to be true. I think there should be a hearing, and they should assess the credibility of the allegation given the witness testimony and any other supporting evidence.

Comment

• Some credit is due to the President, here, who is advocating for a hearing, speaking respectfully about the accuser, and not remotely suggesting that the allegation should be ignored or dismissed out of hand because of how long ago it occurred, or because of Kavanaugh's age (or alcohol impairment) per the alleged incident.

White House aides who steeled themselves for what President Donald Trump would say when he finally addressed the sexual assault allegation against his Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh were quietly stunned when Trump said the process should be followed and the accuser should be heard.

Comment

Some credit is due to the President, here, who is advocating for a hearing, speaking respectfully about the accuser, and not remotely suggesting that the allegation should be ignored or dismissed out of hand because of how long ago it occurred, or because of Kavanaugh's age (or alcohol impairment) per the alleged incident.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/20/polit...ser/index.html
              His reaction does surprise me in a good way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                I would have bet good money he would have tweeted something negative about her by now. Color me surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Your condescension is pretty over the top. Not worthy of response.
                  People say my worst trait is that I am condescending...that means I talk down to people.
                  Last edited by Lurker765; 09-20-2018, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    put a mic in front of him and his true colors come out. I knew he wouldn't be able to help give in to the impulse to criticize Ford and praise and feel sorry for Kavanaugh.

Comment

Some credit is due to the President, here, who is advocating for a hearing, speaking respectfully about the accuser, and not remotely suggesting that the allegation should be ignored or dismissed out of hand because of how long ago it occurred, or because of Kavanaugh's age (or alcohol impairment) per the alleged incident.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/20/polit...ser/index.html
                      Trump's not an idiot. He just plays one on Twitter.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        Trump's not an idiot. He just plays one on Twitter.

J
                        The fact that you believe Trump is intelligent is fitting your level of delusion.

The guy who ordered Assad killed on a whim, then forgot about it... that's your genius. Okay.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• im-donald-j-trump-the-j-stands-for-genius-30078664.jpg

Trump!
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• A "huge mistake" he still had pinned to his profile this morning. This, from the President of the Ethics and Public Policy Center.

He's taking the snowjob that Orrin Hatch's office wants out there and running with it. Should be forced to resign and I hope the classmate sues the f**k out of him. If this was a flaming pile of crap, why is the right so quick to push this through and coming up with weak counters such as 65 signatures of something that didn't pass a sniff test, or a doppleganger theory now floating out there with coordination from Hatch's office?

Truth will set you free, but the rush to get this through feels too much like there's another shoe out there ready to drop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

A "huge mistake" he still had pinned to his profile this morning. This, from the President of the Ethics and Public Policy Center.

He's taking the snowjob that Orrin Hatch's office wants out there and running with it. Should be forced to resign and I hope the classmate sues the f**k out of him. If this was a flaming pile of crap, why is the right so quick to push this through and coming up with weak counters such as 65 signatures of something that didn't pass a sniff test, or a doppleganger theory now floating out there with coordination from Hatch's office?

Truth will set you free, but the rush to get this through feels too much like there's another shoe out there ready to drop.
                              Honest question. So who is this guy and why should I care what he wrote on tweeter?

Edited to add: never mind. I did the research. Just another guy promoting a wild conspiracy theory. That’s happening a lot on both sides of this issue. Did ya see the one about a “friend” of Prof Ford who posted the damning Facebook post swearing she knew about this right after it happened. Turns out she really doesn’t know the Professor very well and now says she heard a rumor but no names and has now deleted the post and recanted!
                              Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 09-21-2018, 10:29 AM.
                              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Fox News ran it this morning.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X