Supreme Court of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nots View Post
    People playing politics with this (looking at you Dianne Feinstein) make me sick.
    So Chuck Grassley was given a letter with 6 discrediting witnesses that Kavanaugh covered up another judges sexual assaults... in July. Any blame going to Grassley?
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      So Chuck Grassley was given a letter with 6 discrediting witnesses that Kavanaugh covered up another judges sexual assaults... in July. Any blame going to Grassley?
      Was he the only one that was given the letter?
      Irregardless, if Feinstein wanted to get to the bottom of this, she would have asked the FBI to investigate in July, not throw a bomb one week before the vote and then say there isn’t enough time for a proper investigation.

Comment

• In terms of the long game, if Kavanaugh is confirmed and SCOTUS does overturn Roe v Wade, that will end the Republican party.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I honestly cant see Roe v Wade being overturned.
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
            Was he the only one that was given the letter?
            I would assume that he showed the letter to Mitch McConnell. Again, McConnell didn't want to put up Kavanaugh initially, saying he wouldn't make it through hearings, so I'm just trying to work my back from that point.

Not sure who else was aware, I'd need to re-read the article I found it in. I'm positive about Grassley in July though.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
              I honestly cant see Roe v Wade being overturned.
              Why? They'll have the clear majority.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• "the letter" refers to the claims of Kavanaugh knowing info about a discredited judge, not the allegations of this woman in the eye of this storm.

spoiler alert on Roe v Wade: even if the case went before SCOTUS (questionable), and even if Kavanaugh voted to overturn (even more questionable), Roberts would be the 5th vote to maintain status quo. he tipped his hand in the Obamacare case.

I realize that common-sense analysis isn't going to get out the vote or raise funds, so you will continue to hear otherwise until the cows come home. but it's just political theater.
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Dude, read chance's response. You're always so quick to assume I'm attacking you, not sure why.
                  LOL. You said "you guys," and I was one of the two guys who just spoke out against delaying the vote.

OK, fine, you meant "chancellor and some other guys."

So, what is the credible evidence that Brett Kavanaugh is an obvious scumbag?
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Why? I dont have a 2 pager on this - other than saying I dont think they will. I dont think they would want to set a precedence that in one time women are granted the ability to choose for themselves - and then take that ability away.

I just dont think they will.

That genie is out of the bottle, and trying to or forcing it back into the bottle would likley cause more harm than good.

Justices are there to make rulings on American Law - not push a religious moral opinion on the citizenry.
                    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      I disagree. If the GOP caves into this re-run of Kafka's The Trial and sacrifices a man of whose innocence is of little doubt, they're morally lower than Trump. At this point, McConnell simply needs to ram this to a vote as quickly as possible. If the Left wants political war, the solution is not to surrender but rather to win.
                      Chance, once again you nailed it. This is just another stall tactic, it’s the four corners offense of judicial hearings and partisanship. I’m not the least bit surprised that the Dem are pulling this kind of wild Hail Mary.

I don’t think anyone should be dismissive of her claims, but after this long memories change. What does an FBI investigation reveal after 35 years? It just stymies and obfuscates the process further. The Dems seem to forget that this is an indirect result of thier waiver of rules on judiciary appointments. Yes, I understand that there were “reasons”, such as the GOP being difficult in getting appointments through, and that while Biden didn’t go as far as the SC appointments, you do reap what you sow.

Is there anything other than she said, he said and he said? There is no evidence besides There is no blue dress. The only person who purportedly “was there” says he doesn’t recall a thing like that happening. Am I surprised, nope. So what does an investigation reveal? Are there other women lining up to make similar claims? Aggressive behavior usually isn’t a one off event.
                      Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 09-19-2018, 04:11 PM.
                      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        Ugh, you guys defending Kavanaugh make me sick. There's little doubt this guy is a scumbag. Encouraging his rushed confirmation is just inexcusable.
                        More partisan hyperbole. There’s actually a significant number of citizens who disagree with your opinion. But you be you.
                        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                          I honestly cant see Roe v Wade being overturned.
                          Never gonna happen.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            "the letter" refers to the claims of Kavanaugh knowing info about a discredited judge, not the allegations of this woman in the eye of this storm.

spoiler alert on Roe v Wade: even if the case went before SCOTUS (questionable), and even if Kavanaugh voted to overturn (even more questionable), Roberts would be the 5th vote to maintain status quo. he tipped his hand in the Obamacare case.

I realize that common-sense analysis isn't going to get out the vote or raise funds, so you will continue to hear otherwise until the cows come home. but it's just political theater.
                            I thought I made it clear that the 6 discrediting witnesses were from another case of sexual abuse in which he supposedly covered up said abuses.

Here's an answer on who knew about it months ago. Interesting.

"He also mailed copies of the letter to Sens. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., and Reps. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., Jim Sensenbrenner, R-Wisc., Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., and Ted Lieu, D-Calif., he said, but can’t be sure that they received them."

Seems like a lot of folks knew this was coming. Gee, I wonder if that's a motivating factor to rushing the confirmation through?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                              Never gonna happen.
                              Bernie - do you mean that Roe V Wade will be overturned? Curious why you think this?

Comment

• Is there anything other than she said, he said and he said? There is no evidence besides There is no blue dress. The only person who purportedly “was there” says he doesnÂ’t recall a thing like that happening. Am I surprised, nope. So what does an investigation reveal? Are there other women lining up to make similar claims? Aggressive behavior usually isnÂ’t a one off event.
                                Yes, there are other witnesses. Her therapist and her husband would be 2 credible witnesses. Judge wrote in previous books about this time in his life being consistently blackout drunk and that's the witness you believe. What a joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X