Supreme Court of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post

Although I do struggle to see how how a 53 YO professional can have assets as low as he apparently does. What does a Federal Judge make anyway? Another quick quote from Kavanaugh...
    Year District Judges Circuit Judges Associate Justices Chief Justice 2024 $243,300 $257,900 $298,500 $312,200 2023 $232,600 $246,600 $285,400 $298,500 2022 $223,400 $236,900 $274,200 $286,700 2021 $218,600 $231,800 $268,300 $280,500 2020 $216,400 $229,500 $265,600 $277,700 2019 $210,900 $223,700 $258,900 $270,700 2018 $208,000 $220,600 $255,300 $267,000 2017 $205,100

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Yeah, it still amazes me how big HP has gotten and how people still gravitate to it even though the majority of their content is created by unpaid, unvetted people with little to no credentials. And the site is more about clickbait than anything else. I guess it is all about SEO in terms of what sources get views.
      Vox is similar and I see links to them regularly here.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        Vox is similar and I see links to them regularly here.
        Vox is not similar to HuffPost. HuffPost is tabloidy news curation and occasional opiniony original content. Vox is certainly liberal-leaning, but is much, much more thoughtful and cogent analysis. And it doesn't pretend to be news. It's subjective analysis pretty clearly presented as such.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          Vox is not similar to HuffPost. HuffPost is tabloidy news curation and occasional opiniony original content. Vox is certainly liberal-leaning, but is much, much more thoughtful and cogent analysis. And it doesn't pretend to be news. It's subjective analysis pretty clearly presented as such.
          So you’re saying that us (quasi-)conservatives have reason to be somewhat skeptical or even dismissive of Vox? As I read your posts referencing Vox, You've often presented thier writing/reporting as middle of the road objective and should be taken as such. Maybe I’ve misread you. I’ve found Vox to be similar to HP but without the rage and trumpphobia. That said, I read Vox occasionally, but with the understanding that it’s lean is left.
          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
            So you’re saying that us (quasi-)conservatives have reason to be dismissive of Vox? As I read your posts referencing Vox, You've often presented thier writing/reporting as middle of the road objective and should be taken as such. Maybe I’ve misread you.
            No, I don't think I've presented their writing as middle-of-the-road-objective. I've presented it as thorough and thoughtful.

Comment

No, I don't think I've presented their writing as middle-of-the-road-objective. I've presented it as thorough and thoughtful.
              I’ll accept that and say that I have misread you.
              I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

maybe I dont understand lefty "news" websites but they seem very similar to me. Not exact copies of each other but close enough to be put in the same bucket.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I’ve found Vox to be similar to HP but without the rage and trumpphobia. That said, I read Vox occasionally, but with the understanding that it’s lean is left.
                  CNN is lean left. Vox/HP are very left. I'll agree with you about Vox having less rage/TDS.

Comment

maybe I dont understand lefty "news" websites but they seem very similar to me. Not exact copies of each other but close enough to be put in the same bucket.
                    I view HuffPo as somewhat the flip side of Drudge Report. I view Vox as maybe more the flip side of the Daily Wire, but I give Vox more credit than the Daily Wire because other than Ben Shapiro himself, who is often cogent and thoughtful, the Vox writers are generally far more cogent and thoughtful and absolutely more thorough in their research and analysis than the vast majority of writers on Daily Wire.

Comment

Wait, does this sound familiar? Some people only expose themselves to sites that support their own views and it further hardens thier view! Not saying B-Fly is this, but I’ve heard this for years about Fox News watchers but you rarely hear it about MSNBc watchers or HP, Vox, Politico readers. The punch line of an old joke: If the foo shits.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

You presented it a liberal-leaning but objective, which is being kind. Sort of like taking Fox as fair-and-balanced.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          You presented it a liberal-leaning but objective, which is being kind. Sort of like taking Fox as fair-and-balanced.

J
                          I don't think I said "objective", but I can't run a search on Vox because it's too short. Saying something leans to one perspective but is objective is an oxymoron, no? I don't think I would do that, but everyone makes mistakes.

Comment

• Vox is clearly left, doesn't pretend otherwise, and provides quality reporting, opinion, and analysis from that perspective. If you believe that the best way to achieve politically balanced thought is to engage the best thinkers and the best arguments from each side, then Vox is a good choice from the progressive side. They're OK with me.
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Wait, does this sound familiar? Some people only expose themselves to sites that support their own views and it further hardens thier view! Not saying B-Fly is this, but I’ve heard this for years about Fox News watchers but you rarely hear it about MSNBc watchers or HP, Vox, Politico readers. The punch line of an old joke: If the foo shits.
                              last I checked, which admittedly has been a while, MSDNC was at least as far left as Fox is right.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                                Vox is clearly left, doesn't pretend otherwise, and provides quality reporting, opinion, and analysis from that perspective. If you believe that the best way to achieve politically balanced thought is to engage the best thinkers and the best arguments from each side, then Vox is a good choice from the progressive side. They're OK with me.
                                so what would you recommend as a similar source from the conservative side? I generally only check Drudge so I'm mostly exposed to garbage.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X