Supreme Court of the United States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dslaw View Post
    But you have to give points to Chuck for trying. He probably figures that by mentioning Trump's legacy that Trump may actually listen and think about the proposal. Has about a 1% chance of working but that is better than a 0% chance by not phrasing it that way.
    Yeah, I don't mind that at all, because we know that nothing is more important to Trump than Trump. And if somehow he gets convinced that he's the great uniter, he's just loony enough to do something crazy.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

But you have to give points to Chuck for trying. He probably figures that by mentioning Trump's legacy that Trump may actually listen and think about the proposal. Has about a 1% chance of working but that is better than a 0% chance by not phrasing it that way.
      I agree. It is the old adage of if you don’t ask there is a 100% chance the answer is no!!
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Schumer has known Trump well for decades.

I think Trump nominating Garland would be 5th-level chess, and I'd love it - but it won't happen
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
          Trump is nothing if not erratic. WaPo is reporting that Chuckie the Shum appealed to Trump to consider Merrick Garland for the appointment. While it won't happen, how would this "heal" the divided country? How would the GOP respond?

I think this would be fascinating to watch play out.
          If Trump really wants to test his "I could shoot somebody in the street and my supporters would still support me", I also endorse this experiment. I think something like that could actually put his approval rating over 50% for a week or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            I think Trump nominating Garland would be 5th-level chess, and I'd love it - but it won't happen
            That'd be more like 5th level stupid.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              That'd be more like 5th level stupid.
              I'm not a mathematician, but I estimate approximately a negative 8 kabillion percent chance of this happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                I'm not a mathematician, but I estimate approximately a negative 8 kabillion percent chance of this happening.
                so there is a chance!

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                  so there is a chance!
                  I didn't think so, until Chancellor pointed out it would be super dumb. With that perspective, I'll agree, it could happen!

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                    so there is a chance!
                    Not in this universe. Maybe in the next one.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• More likely that Chuck saw a TV camera and had to think of something to say on the fly to get his mug on the news. I hope no small children were injured during his sprint to the bright lights

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
                        More likely that Chuck saw a TV camera and had to think of something to say on the fly to get his mug on the news. I hope no small children were injured during his sprint to the bright lights
                        Hmm, maybe he looked a little like this when he was doing it: https://media.giphy.com/media/ngUgYGL8ebUfS/giphy.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          Hmm, maybe he looked a little like this when he was doing it: https://media.giphy.com/media/ngUgYGL8ebUfS/giphy.gif
                          Two guys cut from the same cloth. Except Chucky cries a lot more i guess

Comment

• For what it may be worth, Senator Orrin Hatch is referring to the nominee using feminine pronouns.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• or Schumer saw a tv camera and remembered an idea an aid mentioned to him to get his mug in the news, and then he fired her before anyone could realize it wasn't his idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                For what it may be worth, Senator Orrin Hatch is referring to the nominee using feminine pronouns.

J
                                Loved this part of Hatch's story - "I will do everything in my power to keep politics out of the confirmation process". Maybe he should tell that to Garland. He mentions politics and the Supreme Court all started with Bork - there was a good reason Bork was denied (Watergate + stated desire to roll back civil rights decisions). He talks about the Democrats doing all this bad stuff - Bush's two nominees passed with votes of 78 & 58. Obama's two nominees passed with votes of 68 & 63. Not much of a difference. Then the Garland thing. But Orrin doesn't talk about that because R is good and D is bad. I don't know what Romney will do once in office but he can't be worse than Hatch.

Comment

Working...
                                X