No announcement yet.

Britain is looking to leave the EU.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CNN calls it: Britain votes to leave the EU. Markets will be ugly tomorrow.

Comment

The CIA's insidious plan for Europe is finally unraveling and it is a beautiful thing to witness!

Comment

Plot twist ... Scotland voted decisively to Remain in the UK, and have announced they will be having a new referendum on Independence within the next 2 years (with or without the consent of Westminster)

So the small minded nationalist xenophobic British people who voted to Leave, also just voted to break up the United Kingdom (probably). Losing membership of the EU was a huge issue in last years independence vote.

It gets more and more hilarious.
        Last edited by johnnya24; 06-24-2016, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump held a press conference this morning in Scotland, and said one cursory comment on it ("I wish everybody a lot of luck, I think that it's purely historic and what's happening is historic,") before spending the next 15 minutes talking about his new golf course.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Plot twist ... Scotland voted decisively to Remain in the UK, and have announced they will be having a new referendum on Independence within the next 2 years (with or without the consent of Westminster)

So the small minded nationalist xenophobic British people who voted to Leave, also just voted to break up the United Kingdom (probably). Losing membership of the EU was a huge issue in last years independence vote.

It gets more and more hilarious.
            Ireland also wants a vote on reunification.... so maybe they're gone too. Dogs and cats living together!

10 years from now we might have a unified Ireland, plus independent Scotland (hell, maybe even Wales?) in the EU but England sitting it out. Whoops.

Comment

Not often do you see such a monumental act of defiance that simultaneously rocks Langley, Basel (home of the BIS) and Brussels. I didn't think the Brits originally had it in them, but the EU was destined to fail with so many relatively unproductive southern members. Best to get out of the arrangement before the burden grows even further.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump held a press conference this morning in Scotland, and said one cursory comment on it ("I wish everybody a lot of luck, I think that it's purely historic and what's happening is historic,") before spending the next 15 minutes talking about his new golf course.

Uh, I get you hate Trump, but this is BS. Specifically, his statement:

"Statement Regarding British Referendum on E.U. Membership

The people of the United Kingdom have exercised the sacred right of all free peoples. They have declared their independence from the European Union, and have voted to reassert control over their own politics, borders and economy. A Trump Administration pledges to strengthen our ties with a free and independent Britain, deepening our bonds in commerce, culture and mutual defense. The whole world is more peaceful and stable when our two countries – and our two peoples – are united together, as they will be under a Trump Administration.

Come November, the American people will have the chance to re-declare their independence. Americans will have a chance to vote for trade, immigration and foreign policies that put our citizens first. They will have the chance to reject today’s rule by the global elite, and to embrace real change that delivers a government of, by and for the people. I hope America is watching, it will soon be time to believe in America again."

I'll also note the Trump campaign commented almost immediately after the election was called.

Contrast that to the time it took for Hillary's campaign to even comment, and the corresponding depth of their initial statement.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  Uh, I get you hate Trump, but this is BS. Specifically, his statement:

"Statement Regarding British Referendum on E.U. Membership

The people of the United Kingdom have exercised the sacred right of all free peoples. They have declared their independence from the European Union, and have voted to reassert control over their own politics, borders and economy. A Trump Administration pledges to strengthen our ties with a free and independent Britain, deepening our bonds in commerce, culture and mutual defense. The whole world is more peaceful and stable when our two countries – and our two peoples – are united together, as they will be under a Trump Administration.

Come November, the American people will have the chance to re-declare their independence. Americans will have a chance to vote for trade, immigration and foreign policies that put our citizens first. They will have the chance to reject today’s rule by the global elite, and to embrace real change that delivers a government of, by and for the people. I hope America is watching, it will soon be time to believe in America again."

I'll also note the Trump campaign commented almost immediately after the election was called.

Contrast that to the time it took for Hillary's campaign to even comment, and the corresponding depth of their initial statement.
                  It's not BS, Chance:

Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, discusses renovations to his golf course in Scotland, before weighing in on the Brexit.

At the 34 second mark, an exasperated Chris Cuomo says that Trump "hasn't even mentioned Brexit yet after being up at the podium for over 5 minutes, only talking about his golf course and his other business ventures."

An incredulous John Avlon remarks "this is insane. The presumptive Republican nominee has the world watching, and he's giving a hard-sell on his golf course." David Gregory is shown shaking his head.

Comment

Let the greedy hypocrites squirm today as another beleaguered host abandons them.

Last edited by ; 06-24-2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Ireland also wants a vote on reunification.... so maybe they're gone too. Dogs and cats living together!

10 years from now we might have a unified Ireland, plus independent Scotland (hell, maybe even Wales?) in the EU but England sitting it out. Whoops.
                        We may have read the same article, it mentioned the Republic of Ireland possibly returning to the commonwealth someday. http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-34823437.html
                        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

"The whole world is reeling after a milestone referendum in Britain to leave the European Union. And although leaders of the campaign to exit Europe are crowing over their victory, it seems many Britons may not even know what they had actually voted for.

Awakening to a stock market plunge and a precipitous decline in the value of the pound that Britain hasn't seen in more than 30 years, voters now face a series of economic shocks that analysts say will only worsen before they improve. The consequences of the leave vote will be felt worldwide, even here in the United States, and some British voters say they now regret casting a ballot in favor of Brexit."

Comment

"voters now face a series of economic shocks that analysts say will only worsen before they improve."

The important part is that they improve. As in many things in life, sometimes you have to take some steps back to move forward.
                            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              it seems many Britons may not even know what they had actually voted for.

]
                              Wow, just the ACA.

Good, bad, or indifferent, this is a crazy world development that only shows how far apart sides are on many, many issues.

We live in a time where compromise does not exist.
                              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

well, goodbye David Cameron, welcome Boris Johnson.

While Johnson has been saying today that there's no rush, the EU is telling the UK to hurry up & get this over with; it's like the guy who told his girlfriend that yes, he's been sleeping around & doesn't want to be involved anymore but hey, why can't we still live together for a while, there's no rush ...

Here's an interesting breakdown of how the UK voted ...

needless to say, today young brits are pretty upset.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X