2014-2015 Highball Commentary Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
    Is there a cost? If not, I wouldn't mind joining in. Been a bit since I've played Fantasy Basketball.
    The way we've been running it, it's 20 bucks entry if you want to, nada if you don't. Be happy to have you...we played with 11 teams one year, no big deal if IIRC. Let me know an email address so I can send you an invite to the league.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

So if I don't put money in, I can't win money at the end? I'm cool with that...I wouldn't bet on me in fantasy basketball!
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
        So if I don't put money in, I can't win money at the end? I'm cool with that...I wouldn't bet on me in fantasy basketball!
        Correct...no money in, no money out. So PM me an email address so I can send you an invite...

LOL...man, you're good! Invite sent!

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Dispersal draft results...

1.01 Andy James Harden SG.SF, Oklahoma (will be 2nd rounder)
          1.02 Rick Michael Carter Williams PG, Phliadelphia (will be 6th rounder)
          1.03 Kemba Walker PG, Charlotte (will be 3rd rounder)
          1.04 Klay Thompson SG/SF, Golden State (will be 7th rounder)
          Last edited by Hornsby; 10-06-2014, 04:53 PM.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I turned on the "Keepers" button of the Yahoo website. Please mark your keepers on your team page. I set a deadline of Friday, October 10 (midnight that morning, so late Thursday night), but we can change that if necessary.

Comment

done. that second choice was kind of depressing.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                I turned on the "Keepers" button of the Yahoo website. Please mark your keepers on your team page. I set a deadline of Friday, October 10 (midnight that morning, so late Thursday night), but we can change that if necessary.
                Thanks good sir, much appreciated.

I sent a message to Lindsay...she's at work after running the Twin Cities Marathon yesterday. So she's suffering...LOL. Pick should be up sometime this AM though.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I would like the draft order to be established prior to setting my keepers. Is this possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                    I would like the draft order to be established prior to setting my keepers. Is this possible?
                    I'm surprised we have to do this supplemental/dispersal draft without knowing the draft order for the main draft.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Do we have the number of teams finalized? Is it 11 or 12 ?

Comment

Do we have the number of teams finalized? Is it 11 or 12 ?
                        11...we simply have to move ahead at this point, and we did 11 a couple of years ago, so it's no big deal, IMO.

And Pogues, we're doing it this way because we'll all be on the same page when we stat the draft. But if IIRC, we've always declared keepers before knowing the draft order, so this is really no different.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

The reason I ask for pre keeper draft order, and i'll be straight up: Derrick Rose.

Keeper late in the 3rd? Maybe. Early in the 3rd? Not totally sure. I need to make a choice and information (read: draft order) is power.

Keeping Rose vs a wingnut like Sanders or a later rounder like Harris is a significant decision for me. My first keeper is a no brainer ...

edit (this is me (still) working on not being passive aggressive say it as I think it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                            The reason I ask for pre keeper draft order, and i'll be straight up: Derrick Rose.

Keeper late in the 3rd? Maybe. Early in the 3rd? Not totally sure. I need to make a choice and information (read: draft order) is power.

Keeping Rose vs a wingnut like Sanders or a later rounder like Harris is a significant decision for me. My first keeper is a no brainer ...

edit (this is me (still) working on not being passive aggressive say it as I think it!)
                            Understood...being that this league never had a written constitution, we're always flying by the seat of our pants. So some things are just not going to please everyone...sorry. Ya takes your chances and ya rolls the dice...

BTW, just to reiterate...it's a 20 dollar entry fee, but only if you want money back at the end of the season. No money in, no money back,even if you finish 1st.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

OK. I "finalized" the league on Yahoo with 11 teams. So if we want, we can set the draft order today. The 11 teams in the league are:

Piney Boy
                              OaklandA's
                              Preachers
                              Bert's Ballers
                              Minimum Eightpeat
                              Big Tymers
                              TBD (Andy)
                              Judex's Jumpers
                              Lindsey's Team
                              Scott's Team
                              Preacher Pogues

If there are two league members online today, the first can randomize the 11 teams and PM them to me, and the second can randomize the numbers from 1-11. I'll be around all day to collect them.

Comment

OK. I "finalized" the league on Yahoo with 11 teams. So if we want, we can set the draft order today. The 11 teams in the league are:

Piney Boy
                                OaklandA's
                                Preachers
                                Bert's Ballers
                                Minimum Eightpeat
                                Big Tymers
                                TBD (Andy)
                                Judex's Jumpers
                                Lindsey's Team
                                Scott's Team
                                Preacher Pogues

If there are two league members online today, the first can randomize the 11 teams and PM them to me, and the second can randomize the numbers from 1-11. I'll be around all day to collect them.
                                Sounds good to me Oak...anything i need to do to help? Or has someone already stepped up?

BTW, Scott will be making his choice soon...and then it's on to Pogues for 2...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X