Highball Scoring Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    You confuse me. Both of those are arguments against your position.

J
    Then how do you know what my position is?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Then how do you know what my position is?
      I think that getting, say Wiggins in the middle of the season for someone who's a 2nd rounder can be construed as reasonable, as long as it helps my team in the future. With a keeper league, you need to be concerned about the future of your team, IMO.
      Out of the Hornsby's mouth, so to speak.

I have no problem trading to get a keeper, like Wiggins, so long as the trade is reasonable given you could not. As soon as you bring up "the future of your team" red lights should flash.

J
      Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-23-2014, 08:33 AM.
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Out of the Hornsby's mouth, so to speak.

I have no problem trading to get a keeper, like Wiggins, so long as the trade is reasonable given you could not. As soon as you bring up "the future of your team" red lights should flash.

J
        I'm curious as to why? Do you not like to play in keeper leagues? IMO, they can keep owners interested long after their teams may be out of contention...otherwise, you can end up with a league where people stop being active halfway through. And that can affect standings more than a perceived bad trade might.

BTW, hearing no comments about adding Andy, I'm going to send him an invitation to the league...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

It destabilizes the race too much.

I thought that was clear. This is not like baseball where there is a little depth to absorb the hit.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

It destabilizes the race too much.

I thought that was clear. This is not like baseball where there is a little depth to absorb the hit.

J
            Not everything that you say has clarity to it J, but let's move on...hopefully, the missing guys will check in soon and we can resolve a few of these issues.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

If we are not drafting by Friday I'm out.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Half of the league hasn't even truly checked in (Yahoo, RJ).

You are out BEFORE the pre-season if a draft is not done by end of week? Seriously?

I have NO interest in drafting prior to the pre-season even starting. Heck, RFA still have time to sign.

Goodbye J, if you must attempt to force a ludicrous draft date deadline. I have no interest or time to be ready by weeks end.

F**king stupid.

Comment

If we are not drafting by Friday I'm out.

J
                  Seriously, I agree with Simon...this would be akin to drafting either a football team before training camp starts, or a baseball team before before spring training. The NBA season opens October 28th, more than a month away...we have plenty of time.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Reminder you might have to hit B-Fly up on Facebook to remind him to come back and join.

As for Paul he has not been active the past few years in the league. Do we move on? I can text him if we still want him in.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                      Reminder you might have to hit B-Fly up on Facebook to remind him to come back and join.

As for Paul he has not been active the past few years in the league. Do we move on? I can text him if we still want him in.
                      Go ahead and text him to see if he's interested, but remember that he's not active in the league once about a month goes by, so maybe we should mover on? I've shot Fly a PM and i'll see what I can get on facebook. Jude is good to go, and hopefully the rest of the guys will be as well.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Fine I'll just drop now.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Fine I'll just drop now.

J
                          Don't let the door hit you in the ass...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I've got a person from work lined up, she's kicking ass and taking names in our work FF league if nobody has an issue playing against a woman...I promise that she won't whine as much as most of the guys here have.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Hey Piney, is it a randomly chosen draft? And keepers after the 3rd round? My old memory is failing me...

And guys, do we want to have a mini draft for the keepers from the 2 teams that have dropped to this point? We may have to replace a few more if we don't get confirmations in the next several days...keep some folks in mind just in case.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I've got a person from work lined up, she's kicking ass and taking names in our work FF league if nobody has an issue playing against a woman...I promise that she won't whine as much as most of the guys here have.
                                As we're down one and a few folks who don't go much beyond drafting - perhaps a call out in the Sports Bar (or even the Baseball or Football forums - if Jason is OK with it) could help us find some interested owners?

Comment

Working...
                                X