Basketball Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
    Eliminate keepers and then trades won't be an issue.
    That is how this league was originally set up, but the majority of the league wanted to switch to a keeper format.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Personally not interested in a non-keeper league. Put much too much thinking into assembling a decent set of Keepers to work toward title #4 in 8 yrs!

Comment

Eliminate the veto provision and it won't be an issue either.

I agree with Riff, there has been a fair amount of effort put in by people to assemble a good core of keepers to choose from, and that shouldn't be eliminated because of a couple of strange incidents. I have seen NO evidence of collusion in this league, and dropping the veto provision isn't going to be an issue, IMO.

So I'll take over and run the thing, let me know if you wish to stay or if the new standard is a deal breaker. We have a couple of folks already interested in taking over franchises, so I don't think filling the league will be an issue.

The one thing that I WILL be a nagging asshole about is participation, I would fully expect everyone to check in a minimum of once a week. And that is throughout the WHOLE season...it's not fair to those who are fighting for money spots to lose out because some team was abandoned 2 weeks into the season. If you can't commit to that, tell us now and we'll find replacements.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post

I agree with Riff, there has been a fair amount of effort put in by people to assemble a good core of keepers to choose from, and that shouldn't be eliminated because of a couple of strange incidents. I have seen NO evidence of collusion in this league, and dropping the veto provision isn't going to be an issue, IMO.

So I'll take over and run the thing, let me know if you wish to stay or if the new standard is a deal breaker. We have a couple of folks already interested in taking over franchises, so I don't think filling the league will be an issue.

The one thing that I WILL be a nagging asshole about is participation, I would fully expect everyone to check in a minimum of once a week. And that is throughout the WHOLE season...it's not fair to those who are fighting for money spots to lose out because some team was abandoned 2 weeks into the season. If you can't commit to that, tell us now and we'll find replacements.
          Paul. Shame that he has wigged out on participation for two years now.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
            Paul. Shame that he has wigged out on participation for two years now.
            Yeah, and Brian as well...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post

I agree with everything proposed above and am happy to play.

Comment

• Still curious - can keepers be traded in the offseason?

New questions:

Can we trade picks?

Comment -

Would be good to have draft order decided before keeper declaration. But also a window to wheel and deal if my 2nd question above is a go.

Comment

• Alright, sounds fair, let's start a new thread after the playoffs and see who's in and who's out. At that point we can decide on Simon's questions and move the league forward.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                  X