Basketball Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    If the system was as biased as you claim, there is no way.

J
    It's an inconsequential deal involving 2 of the parties who believe in vetos as a means of handicapping other teams. Without you and JimBob to add your veto votes in, pretty sure that it'll sail through unopposed...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      It's an inconsequential deal involving 2 of the parties who believe in vetos as a means of handicapping other teams. Without you and JimBob to add your veto votes in, pretty sure that it'll sail through unopposed...
      I did not vote against your deal and I do not believe using vetoes for competitive advantage, so that is a double fail.

However, in the interest of fairplay, feel free to vote how you think I would.

J
      Last edited by onejayhawk; 12-05-2013, 10:59 PM.
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I did not vote against your deal and I do not believe using vetoes for competitive advantage, so that is a double fail.

J
        No, I'll vote, or not, the way I feel is correct...use your own vote if you don't think your deal is fair.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm not sure why you not only feel the need to garner negative attention towards yourself, but also to include my team name in the process. Grow up pal; THIS IS A GAME. You obviously aren't having fun, why even check your team?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moccasin View Post
            I'm not sure why you not only feel the need to garner negative attention towards yourself, but also to include my team name in the process. Grow up pal; THIS IS A GAME. You obviously aren't having fun, why even check your team?
            I include you in the process because I know for a fact that you were involved in the veto process...and it's my belief that it was for nothing more than your own competitive advantage. And don't forget that J was the one who brought it up, not me. As far as fun? I'm having the time of my life...you?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

J
              And yet this is your post from earlier in the thread...where lies the truth?

The KD is why vetos exist. That one is indefensible on its face. Everything one one side might justify a 4th round graded player. KD is worth 4-5 4th round players. Yours is closer, but not close. I have not voted against it, but I will when I get off work. Once a trade is vetoed, something significant needs to change. Putting the exact trade up is not appropriate.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

And yet this is your post from earlier in the thread...where lies the truth?
                I love that you quote things that prove my point. Try reading through everything again.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I love that you quote things that prove my point. Try reading through everything again.

J
                  Yes, because saying I have not voted against it, but I will when I get off work is so unclear. Either you voted against it, or you abstained...which is it? Do you do what you say you'll do or not?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Yes, because saying I have not voted against it, but I will when I get off work is so unclear. Either you voted against it, or you abstained...which is it? Do you do what you say you'll do or not?
                    Again, read the posts. You are citing the 2nd time through.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Again, read the posts. You are citing the 2nd time through.

J
                      I have, and I've quoted your own words...if you deny them, better check who's got access to your account. A veto is a veto is a veto...doesn't matter when, you cast a vote, own it.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I have, and I've quoted your own words...if you deny them, better check who's got access to your account. A veto is a veto is a veto...doesn't matter when, you cast a vote, own it.
                        LOL

Own that you got vetoed without my vote.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

LOL

Own that you got vetoed without my vote.

J
                          So in other words, you just confirm what we already knew...what you put into print isn't necessarily the truth. Got it...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

So in other words, you just confirm what we already knew...what you put into print isn't necessarily the truth. Got it...
                            Just backwards. Keep working. It may come to you eventually.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Just backwards. Keep working. It may come to you eventually.

J
                              No, it's doubtful that it'll come to me, as I really can't fathom your particular brand of "logic". I have this odd problem of still believing that what people post is what they mean...silly of me, I know. Now, if you have some sort of explanation that doesn't involve cryptography, go ahead and post it...otherwise, I'm not getting pulled any further into this particular tarbaby.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• I did post what I meant. Your trade was vetoed. I did not vote. This was before your got into the spitting contest with moccasin by reposting the trade. Do not project your opinion. Read the actual words.

I give you silly.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X