RJ Highball 2013-2014 Draft Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    Does someone have access to the standings from last year? I'd love to try to figure out what kind of totals I need in each category.
    Best in class Yahoo Mail, breaking local, national and global news, finance, sports, music, movies... You get more out of the web, you get more out of life.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
      The usual way to randomize the draft order is to have Person #1 send the names in random order to Person #3, and have Person #2 send the numbers from 1-12 in random order to Person #3. Person #3 then puts the two lists together and posts them. That way, all three can verify their part of the result, and there is no question about the fairness.
      Several of these are available. http://www.fftoolbox.com/draft_order_generator.cfm

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

guys there are a bunch of randomizers on the net that you can plug in the names. For one of my baseball drafts last year, I plugged the names into this randomizer, recorded it with my webcam, then posted the video on youtube to unveil the draft order.

http://www.random.org/lists/

Comment

Isn't this the draft order?

1- Piney Boy
          2- Jude Blado
          3- mjl
          4- moccasin
          5- ryno
          6- joncarlos
          7- onejayhawk
          8- pjs24
          9- B-Fly
          10- Oakland A's
          11- Riff Raff
          12- Hornsby

Comment

Originally posted by Moccasin View Post
            Isn't this the draft order?

1- Piney Boy
            2- Jude Blado
            3- mjl
            4- moccasin
            5- ryno
            6- joncarlos
            7- onejayhawk
            8- pjs24
            9- B-Fly
            10- Oakland A's
            11- Riff Raff
            12- Hornsby
            I don't know. It looks like we're not certain we trust the randomness of the draft order that was posted. Should we just re-run it fresh?

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              I don't know. It looks like we're not certain we trust the randomness of the draft order that was posted. Should we just re-run it fresh?

I'm good either way; I just like to know sooner rather than later so I can do my own practice drafts knowing where I will be picking.

Comment

I think we need to wait for Piney Boy to check back in. While I am certainly not questioning the integrity of him or Hammer, I think it's always best for a league to have a truly impartial and transparent way to set the draft order.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
                  I think it's always best for a league to have a truly impartial and transparent way to set the draft order.
                  Agreed.

Comment

Whatever. Someone else take over then. I am done running this.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

PB has always done a great job running this league; why is his method of configuring the draft order being questioned now? If someone wants to offer me a trade to move up to #4 I'll consider it.

Comment

Frankly, the issue for me wasn't the way that the draft order was chosen, rather the confusing way that it was posted. I don't care if we stick with what we have, but clarity WAS needed. If we want to re-draw, that doesn't matter to me either.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I am cool with the order and with PB as commish. If he truly wants to step down, I nominate Amit.

Regardless, lets get started.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

OK, so let's just stick with the original order that PB posted.

1 - Piney Boy
                            2 - Jude Baldo
                            3 - mjl
                            4 - moccasin
                            5 - ryno
                            6 - joncarlos
                            7 - onejayhawk
                            8 - pjs24
                            9 - B-Fly
                            10 - Oakland A's
                            11 - Riff Raff
                            12 - Hornsby
                            Last edited by OaklandA's; 10-11-2013, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Fine by me.

Next year I would like to see a double blind draft order.

PB - please don't stop being commish. We all respect you and your efforts.

Comment

I will finish out the year as commish. Next year we will need to pick someone else. I am hitting bed now. I will start a new draft thread tomorrow.
                                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Working...
                                X