RJ Highball Basketball League starting back up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
    One solution could be that new owners could keep 1-2 players from the pool of players from teams that aren't coming back. Or, if every team comes back, from the pool of players not kept from the returning teams.

The rules in this league make it so almost all of the top players cannot be kept. Keepers are kept at the round drafted the previous year, minus 3 rounds. So every player drafted in the first three rounds is automatically back in the pool. And there aren't many 4th or 5th round picks from last year who are worth giving up a 1st or 2nd round pick this year. Most of the keepers end up being in the late rounds.
    This is what I plan to do joncarlos. It is not fair for you to come in with no keepers. We allow 0-2. So someone can start the year with no keepers.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Thanks for the invite; I'm in.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
        This is what I plan to do joncarlos. It is not fair for you to come in with no keepers. We allow 0-2. So someone can start the year with no keepers.
        Agreed - JC should be able to take keepers from the remaining rosters post keeper selection.

I know I have 3 guys very worthy of keeping so JC will get one of Vasquez, Drummond or Tobias Harris at an extremely good draft slot if he wants whomever I choose to release into the pool.

Comment

Interesting....

B-Fly has not posted here on RJ since June 23rd.
          JudeBaldo has not posted here on RJ since the end of August.
          tomhobbes has not been here since Janruary.

I sent B-Fly an email about the league.
          Jude and tom I can only send pm's to.

Amit - Can you contact Jude outside of RJ? Doesn't he live in your area?
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Amit - Can you contact Jude outside of RJ? Doesn't he live in your area?
            Sure, I will contact him right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
              Agreed - JC should be able to take keepers from the remaining rosters post keeper selection.
              I'm good with that. My second keeper was also a close call.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Jude says he will definitely be back again this year. I am sure that he will check in here soon.

Comment

Jude says he will definitely be back again this year. I am sure that he will check in here soon.
                  Thank you Amit. You still want be co-commish?

Comment

Thank you Amit. You still want be co-commish?
                    Sure. I can help with entering the rosters.

Comment

Can someone remind me what "round" a keeper would be if he was undrafted and picked up of the FA pile?

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                        Can someone remind me what "round" a keeper would be if he was undrafted and picked up of the FA pile?
                        I think undrafted players can be kept at Round 15.

Comment

I think undrafted players can be kept at Round 15.
                          I thought that it was higher than that...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

There was a rule change. Undrafted players are presumed drafted in round 18, hence kept at round 15. The year before they were presumed drafted in round 16, which meant kept in round 12.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

B-Fly is back also. I messaged him on facebook and he told me he is still playing.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                There was a rule change. Undrafted players are presumed drafted in round 18, hence kept at round 15. The year before they were presumed drafted in round 16, which meant kept in round 12.

J
                                1jay is.correct. FAs are kept at rd15 so during the year they hold an 18th rd value.

everyone please post your keepers here.

2 keepers. Kept at round drafted from previous year., minus 3.

Non-drafted players kept at round 15.

You can also designate them in the Yahoo league.
                                Last edited by Piney Boy; 10-03-2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X