Hockey's back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frae View Post
    Great weekend for the Pens, a 5-1 win over the Devils. 3 3rd period goals gave the Pens a comfortable win. Then today the Pens beat the Caps 6-3 and put the Caps firmly in last place in the east with a 2-6 record and 5 total points, ouch. Ovi - Crosby is not even a conversation right now, what happened to that guy?
    I was wondering the same thing while watching the game.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I am enjoying watching the Caps looking so bad almost as much as I am enjoying the Pens 5 game winning streak. No complaints right now, hopefully they keep it rolling, big home and home this weekend with the Devils.

Comment

After a lousy start the Rangers are 6-2 in their last 8 games and seem to be clicking on everything except the power play but anyone who knows the Rangers knows that's par for the course.

I went to the game last night and while they squandered a three goal lead in the third period including two goals in the last two minutes they came away with a shootout win. Check out this pass by Rick Nash. It was a real joy to watch live.

I couldn't get the video to embed.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Blackhawks one point away from breaking the Ducks record of most points to start a season. Hossa and Seabrook should be back tonight so that should help. It would be a remarkable accomplishment, especially considering they played 10 out of their first 12 games on the road.

As a Hawk fan (I am also a Ranger fan) I am a little concerned about them peaking too early though. They have the firepower to score with anyone, but don't know if I trust Crawford/Emery to continue their stellar play in net in a big spot.

Comment

Flyers go up 4-1 in the 1st and then...

4 unanswered goals in the 2nd and 3rd and the Flyers are still on the outside looking in for the playoffs.

On another note, what the Hawks are doing is amazing. That is one amazing start to a season.

Comment

Did anyone watch the Pens-Bruins game tonight? What a great last 7 minutes as a Pens fan. They had put so much pressure on and only gave up 15 shots all game, but it looked like they would not break through. Luckily they did and once they got one, two more quickly followed. Great moment for Sutter, he had his 1st great Pens moment against Philly wiped out on a late goal, this time he got 2 out of the 3 including the game winner. Tonight was fun, I only got the local coverage so no idea what the NBCS channel had to say, but how could they not have been excited.

Go Pens!

Comment

Rangers, Flyers and Capitals are on the outside of the playoffs looking in and the Pens have now won 7 games in a row. I may be just talking to myself here, but that Crosby guy looks pretty good this year, up to 47 points to lead the league. The guy in 2nd? His linemate Chris Kunitz with 39.

Comment

A Rangers - Bruins sweep this weekend for the Pens. 9 wins in a row now!

Comment

12 wins in a row now for the Pens and the Flyers are in a free fall.

Comment

The Pens beat the Canadiens 1-0 in the type of game that shows me that this team is really getting it. 13 wins in a row now and in the last 9 games they have given up only 9 goals. With Morrow and Murray coming in it should only make the team better. So far so good, but while this streak is fun it does not mean much in the long run. With these trades and the way Sid is playing the only thing that matters is the playoffs.

Comment

You guys still reading this? Penguins get Iginla for two nobody prospects and a first round pick this year that will be between 28th and 30th. The Pens are certainly all in on the cup this year and anything less will be a disappointment.

In other news the Flyers are in 2nd to last in the conference. A good Flyers joke...

Rhianna should really start dating the flyers, because they don't beat anybody.

Let's go Pens!

Comment

Well the jaw injury to Sid is unfortunate. On the bright side there is no one with any knowledge saying anything about a concussion. On the downside even though his jaw is not wired shut he is going to have a hard time maintaining his weight and strength and be ready in 4 weeks for the playoffs.

From the weekend the Pens got another shutout and their defense has been great. Malkin, Neal, and Iginla will be a great line. Sutter will have to step up and center the 2nd line. They have such a big lead right now I would doubt that they lose the 1 seed in the East, but without Sid it will be a bit more difficult. Anyway, 15 wins in a row still and only 2 away from the record that the Pens currently hold.

Comment

The Flyers missed the playoffs That feels really good to type. Now onto the teams that are in the playoffs. Anything can happen in the playoffs in hockey and I expect it will. I will be surprised if the Pens lose the Isles though, but it could happen if Fleury has a meltdown. With Ovi having picked his game up the last month I would enjoy seeing another Pens - Cap series down the line. Anyway I'll take, the Pens in 6, Caps in 6, Bruins in 7 and the Rangers in 7. Enjoy the games guys!

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                              The Flyers missed the playoffs That feels really good to type. Now onto the teams that are in the playoffs. Anything can happen in the playoffs in hockey and I expect it will. I will be surprised if the Pens lose the Isles though, but it could happen if Fleury has a meltdown. With Ovi having picked his game up the last month I would enjoy seeing another Pens - Cap series down the line. Anyway I'll take, the Pens in 6, Caps in 6, Bruins in 7 and the Rangers in 7. Enjoy the games guys!
                              Caps are playing the Rangers in the first round, they both can't win.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X