Mike Browns gone after 1-4 start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Looks like Phil has had enough of the Circus, unless they gave him everything that he wanted, and more. I'm sure the Lakers are going to like playing for D'Antoni, I'm just not convinced that they're going to have a lot of success (relatively speaking) playing that style of ball.
    If it wasn't for Stern and some bad luck, D'Antoni may have a ring and his system vindicated.

Comment

Has the "Bring Phil Back" chant started in Staples center yet? What an F'ing mess...give up 40 to the Magic in the 4th. And Pau is the scapegoat, but they were leading by one when he went to the bench and never returned...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Has the "Bring Phil Back" chant started in Staples center yet? What an F'ing mess...give up 40 to the Magic in the 4th. And Pau is the scapegoat, but they were leading by one when he went to the bench and never returned...
        They have the wrong personnel so they'll probably trade Pau. Jalen Rose has had some nice insight on playing for D'Antoni from his one year with the Suns. He likes him as a coach when it comes to offense but that's about it.

Oh and it would take a lot to bring Phil back. Apparently Jim Buss hates him because he hasn't proposed to Jeanie.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
          They have the wrong personnel so they'll probably trade Pau. Jalen Rose has had some nice insight on playing for D'Antoni from his one year with the Suns. He likes him as a coach when it comes to offense but that's about it.

Oh and it would take a lot to bring Phil back. Apparently Jim Buss hates him because he hasn't proposed to Jeanie.
          Oh, I knew that when they hired D'Antoni...the Lakers are simply too old for his style of ball to be effective for 48 minutes. Add in the fact that they're now openly sniping at each other and it's going to be hilarious to watch. Frankly, I would be fine with the T-Wolves getting Pau for Williams at this point, since it's pretty apparent that Adelman doesn't like Williams and has no intention of ever giving him consistent minutes.

BTW, ever going to think about my RJEL trade offer?
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Oh, I knew that when they hired D'Antoni...the Lakers are simply too old for his style of ball to be effective for 48 minutes. Add in the fact that they're now openly sniping at each other and it's going to be hilarious to watch. Frankly, I would be fine with the T-Wolves getting Pau for Williams at this point, since it's pretty apparent that Adelman doesn't like Williams and has no intention of ever giving him consistent minutes.

BTW, ever going to think about my RJEL trade offer?
            Sorry man, it's finals time and I triage my tasks and I've put the counter offer on the back burner.

Comment

So when does D'Antoni get canned?

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                So when does D'Antoni get canned?
                What are their options at this point? I assume the bridge to Phil Jackson is far too burned. In any event, even if they thought there was another option, my guess is that D'Antoni will at least be given an opportunity to turn things around upon Steve Nash's return.

Comment

Laker fans in LA are in utter shell-shock right now and it's so awesome to watch. Feels great wearing my Warriors cap.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    A mess? Lol, sure. They have two of the best players in the entire game, one of whom is the kind of franchise player that can allow you to contend for a decade.

I'd rather have Dwight Howard than all those picks combined.
                    Still standing by that? Remember that Howard isn't signed beyond this year.

Latest: Earl Clark starting over Pau Gasol. Given their personnel, I don't think the Lakers could have chosen a worse coach than D'Antoni.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                      Still standing by that? Remember that Howard isn't signed beyond this year.

Latest: Earl Clark starting over Pau Gasol. Given their personnel, I don't think the Lakers could have chosen a worse coach than D'Antoni.
                      It is hard not to enjoy their struggles, given all the success the Lakers have had over the years, to see them add Howard and Nash and have everyone talking about the Lakers over the Thunder out west. I'm not counting them out of a run to an 8th seed just yet, but they can't say "wait until ______ comes back healthy" anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        It is hard not to enjoy their struggles, given all the success the Lakers have had over the years, to see them add Howard and Nash and have everyone talking about the Lakers over the Thunder out west. I'm not counting them out of a run to an 8th seed just yet, but they can't say "wait until ______ comes back healthy" anymore.
                        Haven't done the math, but I heard Jalen Rose say they'll have to play .700 ball the rest of the way to get that 8th seed. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that scenario prior to this season.

Comment

They have to start looking at dealing Howard immediately. From everything I've read, he doesn't want to be in LA and won't sign there long-term. Do you really let him walk and get nothing in return after everything you gave up to acquire him? They need to admit this season is a bust, get the best deal they can, and start looking ahead. Otherwise, this franchise will be crippled for years. Even if they go on a huge run and get the 8 seed, they'll get run out of the playoffs in the first round by OKC. People keep waiting for something to click with this team -- it's not happening. No, they're not this bad, but they're also not good. Trade Howard and salvage what you can from this disaster of a season.

Comment

Can they please also trade Nash so us Laker haters can root for him again?
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                              They have to start looking at dealing Howard immediately. From everything I've read, he doesn't want to be in LA and won't sign there long-term. Do you really let him walk and get nothing in return after everything you gave up to acquire him? They need to admit this season is a bust, get the best deal they can, and start looking ahead. Otherwise, this franchise will be crippled for years. Even if they go on a huge run and get the 8 seed, they'll get run out of the playoffs in the first round by OKC. People keep waiting for something to click with this team -- it's not happening. No, they're not this bad, but they're also not good. Trade Howard and salvage what you can from this disaster of a season.
                              Maybe they'd rather just have the cap space next year. Would they be willing and able to bring back Bynum?

Comment

granted it was only 1 game, but look at the numbers Pau put up in 20 mins off the bench last nite. Plus Earl Clark is playing well too. Then again...they lost. But hey, it helps the fantasy numbers, and I just picked up Clark

Comment

Working...
                                X