Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Yahoo league is up. When do we draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a big fan of the pre-draft deal for this reason: Some of us don't live by a computer during the day and miss out on any opportunity to move up or down in the draft when things like this occur. I would have loved to move up to the 3rd spot...never had a chance because it was all over and done with by the time I checked in here.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Not a big fan of the pre-draft deal for this reason: Some of us don't live by a computer during the day and miss out on any opportunity to move up or down in the draft when things like this occur. I would have loved to move up to the 3rd spot...never had a chance because it was all over and done with by the time I checked in here.
      Agree in a way. In this case I don't believe J wanted anything but a turn pick (as per a reply to someone else). In the league, when a regular season trade occurs we would have 2 days for owners to review and possibly object. But then I guess the deal would be consummated. I dunno.

Comment

Yeah, J seemed to want a turn pick more than anything else. I'm fine opening it back up to let everyone else make their draft position trade offers, but if J confirms that he would only want #1 or #11, assuming moccasin doesn't want to trade down, then I think we'll still end up in the same place.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          Yeah, J seemed to want a turn pick more than anything else. I'm fine opening it back up to let everyone else make their draft position trade offers, but if J confirms that he would only want #1 or #11, assuming moccasin doesn't want to trade down, then I think we'll still end up in the same place.
          Again, it's all fine and good, but let's not move so quickly next time...whoever it is making the deal may have been willing to do more than just swap spots. Perhaps a player or an additional pick might have been offered...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Man, I'm juiced for basketball draft and auction season. I wish we could start drafting today.

Comment

Confirming what RR and B-Fly said. The turn is something everyone likes in a snake draft. Also, this is a trade of a draft slot, not an individual pick. Plus there have been two days to post objections.

I guess I can say good bye to my planned pick. No Deron Williams. :sigh:

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                Confirming what RR and B-Fly said. The turn is something everyone likes in a snake draft. Also, this is a trade of a draft slot, not an individual pick. Plus there have been two days to post objections.

J
                LOL. So you're trying to play head games with me already, eh? I seriously doubt my 1.03 pick will be Deron Williams.

Comment

The 8th pick is still available. Looking to move-up in the odd number rounds.

Comment

J
                    Well, the turn is NOT something everyone likes in a snake draft...in fact I hate it. If I couldn't move up to get a top 5 player, I'm happy at 7, where I won't wait an eternity to draft every other round.

The point remains that we should have at least a 3 day period for objections, or disallow pre-draft deals altogether...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      LOL. So you're trying to play head games with me already, eh? I seriously doubt my 1.03 pick will be Deron Williams.
                      I guarantee mine would not have been. At #11 he's a maybe. But DW went #4 last year, and there is no way Durant makes it to #3 this year.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        The point remains that we should have at least a 3 day period for objections, or disallow pre-draft deals altogether...
                        Noted. We have one objection.

This league has a two day period on trade objections. I assume that would apply here as well.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

So far I can see we have 4 managers that have not submitted keepers here. I have not checked the league site and will do so after work today.
                          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I guarantee mine would not have been. At #11 he's a maybe. But DW went #4 last year, and there is no way Durant makes it to #3 this year.

J
                            DW, like most every PG was over-valued using a/to. KD is worth far more than DW.

Statements like this were my only real object to the B-Fly trade. I was looking forward to the J-wackiness reasoning of player value drafting right beside me Now I have to deal w/ that cursed Fly ...

Comment

If someone has a neat idea for the #2 pick I am open to ideas. Depends where you want to be I guess.

Drop me an email simon dot boyce at gmail dot com. I won't be awake for JimBobs pick. Will check in during the am unless an email hits a good spot before then.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                                DW, like most every PG was over-valued using a/to. KD is worth far more than DW.

Statements like this were my only real object to the B-Fly trade. I was looking forward to the J-wackiness reasoning of player value drafting right beside me Now I have to deal w/ that cursed Fly ...
                                You will recall I did not take DW when I had the chance. IIRC I had him ranked about #7.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X