2012 NBA Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
    I dunno, between the Knicks getting Ewing, the Clips getting Paul, the Hornets getting the first pick, etc.

Doesn't Stern sit on the board of the Elders of Zion?
    I don't know. We're on different committees, and everything is on a need-to-know basis. I have seen him in the cafeteria though.

Comment

No comments on the Thunder's absolute ass-whoopin of the Spurs last night? Sefolosha was a beast last night and should definitely be seeing FT minutes the rest of the series. Both teams have looked so dominant that I'm nearly certain this is going 7 games and that the Spurs will probably win at home.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        No comments on the Thunder's absolute ass-whoopin of the Spurs last night? Sefolosha was a beast last night and should definitely be seeing FT minutes the rest of the series. Both teams have looked so dominant that I'm nearly certain this is going 7 games and that the Spurs will probably win at home.
        Great answer by the Thunder in Game 3. My fear is that given the Spurs' experience and coaching, the Thunder would need three more blowouts to advance, i.e., that they wouldn't be able to win a close game in a high-pressure 4th quarter.

Comment

Thunder/Spurs game four: Both teams will be killing themselves to kill each other. This is going to be an amazing game.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            I don't know. We're on different committees, and everything is on a need-to-know basis. I have seen him in the cafeteria though.
            LOL!!! We REALLY need the bowing smiley back.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
              WOW JUST ****ING WOW. When I use to play organized basketball my buddy who was our player-coach was the world's biggest Spurs and Timmy fan so we appropriately ran the Spurs motion offense.

So I know what it should look like, but hot damn to see it played at the NBA level against a very good team in OKC. It gives me goose bumps. The execution is awesome.

Vintage Jordan would need to join OKC for them to have a chance.

You're correct about The Heat also. They're not doing it without Bosh. They probably still won't do it with Bosh.
              OKC has vintage Durant, which might just be good enough.

The Spurs suddenly look like they've lost their focus, and Duncan just looks plain old and ordinary. It's a great series, but I'm starting to really like the youth and athleticism that OKC brings to the table, not to mention quality depth...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                LOL!!! We REALLY need the bowing smiley back.
                I thew him a batting practice pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  OKC has vintage Durant, which might just be good enough.

The Spurs suddenly look like they've lost their focus, and Duncan just looks plain old and ordinary. It's a great series, but I'm starting to really like the youth and athleticism that OKC brings to the table, not to mention quality depth...
                  He's a apex predator. It was like he was having a bad series. He was playing at an all-star level. It was like he was lurking around in the previous three games and then he decided frak it and closed the game out. It'll be interesting if OKC can take their adjustments on the road.

Comment

It's amazing how different this series has looked depending on the venue. Before the series started, I thought OKC would win because they had been tested in their two playoff series whereas the Spurs had steamrolled weaker teams. Then after Game 2 I thought, like most, there wasn't a chance that OKC would win but after the last two games, they definitely have the momentum as well as the best offensive player in the game. Yet despite Durant's awesome-ness, the key has been role players stepping up (Sefalosha in Game 3, Ibaka & Perkins in Game 4) so it will be interesting to see if any of them can do it on the road. If so, they win in 6. If not, they lose in 7.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Old NBA adage has never gone out of style: No playoff series has ever really gotten started until a home team loses a game.

If you're on Twitter, it's funny because knee-jerk is the most popular approach in 2012, even among the media. But hi-tech or not, the game hasn't changed that much.

I will say that Spurs/Thunder/Heat are three outstanding teams for this level in any year. And if Celtics can hang with Heat, great credit to them. I think they'd get swept in the Finals, but so what, I respect how far they've gotten already.......
                      Last edited by JudeBaldo; 06-03-2012, 08:41 PM.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        Old NBA adage has never gone out of style: No playoff series has ever really gotten started until a home team loses a game.

If you're on Twitter, it's funny because knee-jerk is the most popular approach in 2012, even among the media. But hi-tech or not, the game hasn't changed that much.

I will say that Spurs/Thunder/Heat are three outstanding teams for this level in any year.
                        And if Celtics can hang with Heat, great credit to them. I think they'd get swept in the Finals, but so what, I respect how far they've gotten already.......
                        So far so good. Rondo is making passes that would make Rubio blush. You're right about that old NBA adage. These are the best four NBA teams and as a fan this has been an absolute treat.

Let's just hope the refs don't ruin it.

Comment

Not disappointed to be out of it now, but this time frame has everyone involved in the effort - way, way beyond the players - stretched really, really far.

I used to call it "playoff mode."
                          Family, friends, reality, etc - call me when it's over.
                          lol
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

It's like Wade is simply sleepwalking though this game, he's making so many bad plays that the Heat would be better off with him on the bench at this point.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

That double foul call by Crawford was silly. He's such an ass clown. That game isn't about him.

Comment

Spoelstra's inexperience is really showing -- he's not calling good plays at all and the Heat look lost on offense.

Rondo is an amazing player but he may just be the strangest athlete in pro sports. And that's saying something. You know something has to be off with a guy when he's this good and his team has tried so hard to trade him.

Comment

Working...
                                X