No announcement yet.

My NBA auction draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it should be vetoed in the sense that I don't believe any trade should be vetoed unless there's absolutely clear proof that collusion occurred. That said, it's an absolutely horrendous trade, and I'd be pissed if I was in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      So is it going to cost the other guy 16 bucks apiece to keep Dudley and Lopez? Looking at it in that light, it's not A great deal, but it's still not vetoable, IMO.
      Looking at the prices for centers in our league, I think Lopez will clearly be kept. Dudley may not be, as it's a bit easier to get 3p-shooting SGs cheap and late. But per CBSSports' player-rater, he's actually been more valuable for our roto format this season than either Melo or Amare. I would have happily just done the straight Lopez-for-Melo keeper deal, except that I've been so weak at F and so deep at G that I felt I needed to trade G-for-F. I was close to a J-Rich for Brandon Bass deal, but the Bass owner wouldn't pull the trigger, so I asked the Melo/Amare owner about expanding the trade. Honestly, I'd rather have Dudley and Bass for the stretch run than J-Rich and Amare.

Comment

So with about a week to go, I've pulled into 3rd place, with a chance of finishing anywhere from 2nd to 4th. (The guy in first has maintained a huge lead pretty much wire-to-wire.) While the Amare injury was a huge bummer at first, it was a blessing in disguise because it has given Carmelo the opportunity to go all Kevin Durant and sh!t. I've since dumped Blatche and Amare for OJ Mayo and Kwahi Leonard. The key for me over the next week will be 3PM, FG% and FT% -- those are the bunched categories. I always love a good race to the finish, but this year I'm totally psyched just to actually be in the race for the money given where my team languished for most of the season.

Comment

Working...
        X