No announcement yet.

Draft commentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaguesafe: If you want to participate in our league pool it is $20. I need your email address to send everyone the invite. Please PM your email address. You do not have to participate again this year. If you win the league and did not pay your payout gets shifted one spot lower in the standings.

Deadline to submit payment is Dec 25th.....yes Xmas and start of the NBA season.
    Last edited by Piney Boy; 12-09-2011, 02:08 PM.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by OaklandA's View Post
      We still have 16 days until the season starts. We started the draft on Wednesday, and will probably get through most of Round 4 today. I think we can finish the remaining 15 rounds before December 23rd.
      We started the draft Monday, though it was not official til Wednesday.

We could try to set a time for everyone to be on site. Sort of a semi live draft. If we could knock out 5-6 rounds that way, it would ease a lot of woriies. It would only work if those not attending left long lists.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        Maybe we should halve the pick clock to two hours and reinforce the need to email or PM the next guy as soon as you pick, as well as the need to leave a list with someone if you're going to be inaccessible.
        Agreed...and apply the same rules on the weekend as well.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Why don't we run the draft via email primarily? Cut out the middle man of having to come to the site and just email all of our picks.

Comment

Originally posted by pjs24 View Post
            Why don't we run the draft via email primarily? Cut out the middle man of having to come to the site and just email all of our picks.
            I can live with this as well...as long as the draft is filled in on this thread so it's archived.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by pjs24 View Post
              I would have emailed you before your last 2 picks but I don't have most folks emails. Bryan, Horns, I think Amit - but not many others.
              The thing I like about the forum is being able to check rosters, the mega draft list gets updated - the conversation. A gmail thread would be massive for an entire draft and I think the chances of drafting error would increase. I also don't spend much time in my old email now that i've got a side business to deal with. (just my challenge tho)

Comment

If you subscribe to this thread under "thread tools" you can have an email automatically sent to you when someone posts a pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                  If you subscribe to this thread under "thread tools" you can have an email automatically sent to you when someone posts a pick.
                  EVERY time someone posts.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    EVERY time someone posts.

J
                    In the thread in question? That should solve the email updating of people if they subscribe to the thread - and reduce delays.

Comment

Does anyone have Paul's email address to let him know he's up. I think he needs that kind of notification?

Comment

Pick coming shortly

Comment

Lee was taken in the 3rd by OneJ

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                            My b... I did a control-F... clearly I did wrong.

Comment

Are you repicking?
                              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                                Glad I did too. Y'all a bunch of sharks.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X