Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to get the league rolling? Labor peace!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwlincy View Post
    I'm out for this year, don't really feel like putting in the work this season. If you can find someone to take my spot, I would appreciate it. I had a couple of decent keepers: Aldridge (drafted in 5th round last year) & Gortat (free agent pickup).

Thanks guys & enjoy the season.
    I'll take those, and mine dont suck.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
      Yes slow draft as usual.

Are the keepers optional or does everyone have to keep 2? Do you remember?
      I'm pretty sure keepers were optional. Keep a guy if you have one worth keeping ...

Where I think things get hairy is being able to 100% identify which players were off FA/WW vs trades (even minor trades)

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
        Glad to be back in the mix after a dismal sophomore effort.
        If you log into Yahoo this year post draft, and manage your roster, i'm sure you'll do much better. :|

Comment

Keeper rules were agreed upon last year prior to the selections. Stringent, yup. Right for this league? Perhaps not.

That being said, folks drafted knowing full well what the rules were for 11/12 and I think we should stick with them. If, going forward folks want to ease up on the keeps I'm open to discussion but I don't think we should open a debate about keeper rules already agreed to. Debates around these parts have been known to derail things

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          I wrote it to be optional, though it appears to be unclear. Most teams have a late pick up they will want to keep, but the 4-8 round guys are a lot thinner. I suggest it two optional picks, cost based on round drafted:

Round 4-8 at round minus 2
          Round 9-18 at round minus 4
          Undrafted FA at round 12
          If two players would fall in the same round, use the next earlier round.

BTW, based on experience in other leagues, trades should be after keepers are excersized.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
            I'm pretty sure keepers were optional. Keep a guy if you have one worth keeping ...

Where I think things get hairy is being able to 100% identify which players were off FA/WW vs trades (even minor trades)
            It's not too difficult. We have the draft posted in this thread & you can find end of the season rosters in your Yahoo! profile.

However you lead me to another point. As this is now a keeper league, it might be time to finally move it to a better host. CBS would be the best option, IMO, but that costs money so I'll suggest ESPN in its place. I'm almost certain they have keeper league setups and we wouldn't have to worry about not finding previous drafts and final rosters each year. I just don't see any upside with Yahoo other than the fact that we've always used them.

Comment

What pluses do you see using CBS or ESPN Paul? Yahoo does hanfle keepers now and we do the slpw draft thingy anyway. Just curious.
              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

One thing that seems unclear. A player keeps his draft position. Trades and waivers have no effect.

To qualify for a round 12, he has to have gone undrafted. If necessary, you can keep a player a round earlier than indicated.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

What pluses do you see using CBS or ESPN Paul? Yahoo does hanfle keepers now and we do the slpw draft thingy anyway. Just curious.
                  I generally just dislike Yahoo's interface & setup. I know we don't need our host to have draft capabilities since we handle it here, but I just like the setup of the other two much better. If Yahoo can easily handle keeper leagues where we can easily view all the draft info and rosters year-to-year, then it's fine if we stay there. I also like that ESPN has a dedicated iPhone app. Or at least they do for baseball & football, so I'm assuming b-ball would have it, too.

Comment

Originally posted by pjs24 View Post
                    I generally just dislike Yahoo's interface & setup. I know we don't need our host to have draft capabilities since we handle it here, but I just like the setup of the other two much better. If Yahoo can easily handle keeper leagues where we can easily view all the draft info and rosters year-to-year, then it's fine if we stay there. I also like that ESPN has a dedicated iPhone app. Or at least they do for baseball & football, so I'm assuming b-ball would have it, too.
                    Yahoo has had an app for baseball, football, and hockey also. I have an Android so I have used them this year. I have not checked for Basketball yet. As for the iphone I do not know if they have a version for it.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
                      If you log into Yahoo this year post draft, and manage your roster, i'm sure you'll do much better. :|
                      Will make a note of that Mr. Passive Aggressive.

Comment

There was nothing passive about that.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Your interpretation of things as always OJH, is grossly incorrect. Par for the course.

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          There was nothing passive about that.

J

Comment

JimBobCousy - was this his handle on the old site? I have his email, but I want to also send him an invite from here.

I'm already in PB. I'll be checking this site more often now. Thanks for checking on me.

Comment

Originally posted by judebaldo View Post
                              your interpretation of things as always ojh, is grossly incorrect. Par for the course.
                              lol

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Or, Mr. Annoyed You Signed Up and Drafted Then Bailed Day One.

So no problem, Mr. Quitter.
                                Last edited by Riff Raff; 11-30-2011, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X